Finally getting back to the boards with some exciting news!!!!

Rland8228

DIS Veteran
So its been since August since I have been on... I still have yet to do any trip report because I really don't know how to do them. We went this year in August instead of September and I have to say I will probably not do it again. It was new to us especially with my Type 1 diabetes i was constantly going low all the time and then extremely high at night. The heat was different then our trip last year in September. We did have a really good time though. But back to why I am posting, we planned on going solo in Feb but we just found out...... That were EXPECTING!!! I will be due in June and am very excited but nervous at the same time, I will be high risk so its a little nerve racking. I would still like to go next year and was thinking I would wait until September and just pull my son out for a week he will be in K next year and the baby would be 3 months. But I am really dying to see the Christmas time down there. So do we go the first or second week in November or do I wait until like the first week in December?Can we even do able with an infant? I would love if it would be low crowded to.. The other thing I was taking into affect was the opening of everything that is supposed to open "late" 2012 .Thanks for your help as always.

Congratulations on your soon to be little bundle of Joy! I hope all stays well with you and your baby!

I too - do not like the heat of August.

Congrats again!

Congrats on your new family addition!! Take care of yourself and the little bundle.

Our DSs were 5 & 6 on their first trip to WDW, so I have no clue on taking an infant. I haven't been during November and December, yet. We are taking our trip next year November 12 - 17, 2012. Hopefully the crowds will be low, the weather perfect, and the dining free. (when I re-read that, it sounds like some kind of WDW blessing.:lmao:) If you want to make sure that all the Christmas stuff is going on, you might want to wait until the first week fo December. I think Pop Warner is usually there around that time and I would just make sure that you aren't at the same resort as them. I know a lot of people have stayed at the same resort that the Pop Warner people were staying at, and didn't have any problems with them. I just wouldn't take the chance. Which ever month you decide to go, make sure to join the threads for that month. You can get more help with planning for that time from other people planning to go the same month that you are.

That is awesome news!!!!:hug:

I have been to Disney in August and to us it really is unbearable. We like going in October best:)

Be well and Congrats!!!

Congrats on the bun in the oven!

Early November you could likely get some pool time in if you want - but watch Epcot on the weekend due to F&W Festival.

Early December the weather will be more unpredictable far in advance - but the Christmas stuff will be up. I'd suggest here - despite the potential for COLD weather (it could also be gorgeous) because you want to see the Christmas decorations. AND the little one will be a bit older - read - more likely to sleep longer at night.

If you read the family thread - there's lots of advice for traveling to Disney with an infant. And sounds like it's a perfect age to go for your other child.

Congrats! The only thing I can add is that last December was freezing! We traveled the last week of August for years and I always thought it would be a horrible time to travel with young kids, but I think the freezing cold last year would be even worse. My best advice is to travel at a time of year when temps. are fairly moderate.

We once took DD6 months and DS4 to Disney in December and it was fine. (That was 11 years ago of course....). An infant before they are crawling or walking is a piece of cake. Bring your own stroller and one of the front carriers and you are good to go. Once they can move around on their own (walking or crawling) forget about it for about 2 years!!! :)

Congratulations!

Holiday decorations probably won't be completely installed until Thanksgiving week. Some will be finished earlier, others will be in process until then.

If you can go in December, it's eminently possible with an infant. The weather will be cooler--or at least not as humid! We've had everything from daily high temperatures from the 30s (overnight lows in the 20s) to the high 80s (overnight lows in the 70s) in December! You definitely have to plan layers and pack for any type of weather, regardless of the forecast!

We took a 14-week-old to WDW in December 2007. He lived in onsies or shorts outfits most of the visit, then was bundled up and looked like a mini-Michelin man the last four days! *LOL*

You'll have more stuff with the baby, but you can ship consumables ahead or purchase them if you have a vehicle to go off property. We shipped diapers (the little guy was transitioning between two sizes during our trip), formula, wipes, etc., ahead so we wouldn't have to take them on the flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter