Finally got Guest Certificate for Vistana Resort

jessiangel

Mouseketeer
My boss came back from her leave yesterday and gave me my guest certificate (mailed to her for some reason). Unfortunately, when I looked at the certificate it has us arriving on Saturday in a 6/4 instead of the 8/6 occupancy we were originally supposed to have. From what I've read from the knowledgeable DIS people, we will most likely be in the Courts, as the Falls have Sunday check-in. I did call the resort last night and explained my allergy/asthma situation and the woman I spoke with at Vistana was very understanding. I also told her we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and I did not want to spend it in the hospital on steroids again. She was really great and noted it in our reservation and said she would see what she could do to get us a rehabbed unit. She said we would not get a newer unit, as those were 8/6 max occupancy. I also filled out the Diamond Check-in with the same info, so hoping for the best. I was extremely impressed by her professional, kind attitude and it has really eased my fears a bit. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

She said we would not get a newer unit, as those were 8/6 max occupancy. I also filled out the Diamond Check-in with the same info, so hoping for the best. I was extremely impressed by her professional, kind attitude and it has really eased my fears a bit. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
I am glad you were treated well. But, otoh, it's not just the "new" units that are 8/6. Pretty much, all of them, except for the 1 bedrooms, the Falls and Courts.
I own in the mid-level Fountains and they are 8/6. So I'm wondering what this staff member intends to do for you ? I really do hope you get a newer unit. I guess I'm hoping you get a rehabbed Courts unit ?
You'll have to let us know how it turns out Jessie.
Good luck :thumbsup2

Hi Maria and Spiceycat. I just wanted to thank the both of you for all of your insight regarding Vistana Resort. From the bldg. locations and age to pools. You have helped my family more than you can imagine with our upcoming vacation. I did want to clarify, as I was freaking out a bit when I last posted. The reason the lady at Vistana said we wouldn't get a newer unit is because I asked if the newer units had 6/4 and she said no. Sorry for the confusion and thanks again!

I didn't want to start a new thread and clog up the boards with my neverending questions, so I'm just adding on. Well, we got an e-mail from Diamond Lane and it is confirmed we are in the Courts. They say they can't upgrade us as the resort is full for the holiday weekend. Anyways, does anyone know if the courts have balconies? I know they don't have whirlpools in the units, but what about balconies? It would be nice to drink my coffee sitting on the balcony in the morning (one of my favorite things to do). I'm also requesting an air purifier, so hopefully that will help if my allergies kick up. Thanks for all the help!

Hi Jessie,
The Courts are two stories high. The upper floor has a small balcony and it is not screen covered as in all the other sections. The Courts were not even built by Vistana---they were an existing townhouse community that Vistana took over when they purchased the land in 1980. This is probably why the Courts is also the only section that does not have any water views.
Here are a few outside pics I snapped last August (the lower unit has an open patio :

f2cad4d9.jpg

f2cad452.jpg

f2cad4cc.jpg

f2cad481.jpg

Parking lot view side :
f2cad48c.jpg

Edited : Sorry Jessie....the DIS is having some issues with posting pics. I've tried my AOL and Comcast account and cannot post them. I will try again later.

Ok...I'm back with the pics. There is a problem with the DIS image icon (has to be manually overridden). The mods on the Tech Boards don't seem to see it as a problem though ?
Anyway.........here are my pics of the Courts (you can see the patio/small balcony/large picture windows). The lower level has the cement patio:

f2cad4d9.jpg

f2cad452.jpg

f2cad4cc.jpg

Parking lot side :
f2cad48c.jpg

f2cad481.jpg

Maria, thank you so much! It really doesn't look like I thought it would. I think I was picturing a really run down apt. complex and it, at least in the pictures, doesn't look that bad. I did call and request a top floor, so we can get a little balcony (my morning coffee needs it). I also requested, if possible, a woodsy view (not parking lot). The nice lady at Vistana said she would note it and they would do what they could to accommodate our requests. You have been a blessing to my family vacation. Thanks again for all your help!

Hi Jessie,
I can assure you, the outside looked pretty nicely maintained and landscaped. I think people mostly have problems with the Courts when they are compared side-by-side with the Cascades and Lakes which appear much more modern. But if the price is right, the Courts don't seem bad at all. I would miss not having a water view though. Most views seemed to be similar to the the 3rd pic from the top I posted. There were grassy areas with bbq grills all around. I think Vistana does a very good job with landscaping/gardening. It's been very consistant every year we've visited since '94.
I'm glad I could be a help to you and your family. Hoping you have a nice trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter