• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally got that very rare Plaza Restaurant ADR

BachataMan

Registered
5428807B-E63D-4954-BE4F-48563369F81B.jpeg 6A9DFC65-6331-4F3D-ACA5-8403FF133DF2.jpeg I can see why it’s so hard to get an ADR here - there’s like no more than 20 tables.

Anywho, Plaza was the one table service I have yet to do at MK and it’s one I almost never see an ADR for. I got lucky this weekend however and snagged it. Tables are pretty clumped together if you’re seated in that corner window room. I didn’t mind, but other people seemed to have an issue sitting so close to strangers while eating. All I gotta say is I hope these people don’t go to Biergarten.

I got the bbq pulled pork brisket with Mac n cheese, which was pretty good. Most of the entries are your standard burgers and fries so it’s not a place you have to worry about having nothing for kids. The best part and what this place is known for however is the dessert. You must get dessert here because they got a wide variety to choose from especially in the ice cream department. I got the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel.

Overall pretty good, not something I’m going to go crazy to book my next ADR for but worth checking out especially if you like the Plaza ice cream and want something more intricate than what they serve at the stand.

Just went and looked into it, and although for the last two years Plaza has been mainly walkup only, it seems that recently they went back to adrs most of the day.

I’m glad you got in.

But I hope you haven’t been skipping it the last two years bc of adrs, since it’s beem walkup-friendly during that time.

Just went and looked into it, and although for the last two years Plaza has been mainly walkup only, it seems that recently they went back to adrs most of the day.

I’m glad you got in.

But I hope you haven’t been skipping it the last two years bc of adrs, since it’s beem walkup-friendly during that time.

I didn’t know it was walkup-friendly, and it definitely wasn’t yesterday since a ton of people were turned away. Usually I assume no TS at Disney is walkup friendly, especially in the parks. That is unless it’s the day before a hurricane.

Going there next week so we will see how it goes. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

:disrocks: thanks for this thread. Plaza was walkup only until 2pm, then you could have an ADR, so I made one for 2:10pm in July. That's later than we wanted & I was going to try & go earlier as a walk up if not busy & if too busy wait for my ADR as a backup. But...with this new info I went into my ADR & modified it to 12:10...so once again :disrocks:

I didn’t know it was walkup-friendly, and it definitely wasn’t yesterday since a ton of people were turned away. Usually I assume no TS at Disney is walkup friendly, especially in the parks. That is unless it’s the day before a hurricane.
Guess they either did a really bad job of informing folks it was walk up or they've done a bad job of informing folks that it's changed from walkup, depending on which way you look at it.
You missed the note that it's been mostly walk up (all but 2 hours each day) for the past 2 years, or more
The folks walking up yesterday must have missed the note that it changed from walk up to needing an ADR, even outside the normal 2 hours around lunch.

Prior to their walkup/ADR trial they started a couple years ago it was super easy to get an ADR at. It's one of those that no one ever wanted to dine at for whatever reason. We've enjoyed our meals there just fine. Nothing special mind you, serviceable.

Have they changed the size of the BBQ Pulled Port Mac? We ate there in December and it was MASSIVE, looks about 4x that size on a large plate not bowl. We planned to split it this summer since it was way too much.

We like Plaza for the bottomless milkshakes and the (relatively) cheap prices. You can eat at counter-services prices but get table service while sipping your bottomless milkshake. What's not to like?

This is one of the places I would like to try for our upcoming trip. We aren't making many ADRs but I did get one for arrival day at 1:25 that works well. DD loves milkshakes and it's not that much more money than a QS place.

View attachment 322210 View attachment 322211 I can see why it’s so hard to get an ADR here - there’s like no more than 20 tables.

Anywho, Plaza was the one table service I have yet to do at MK and it’s one I almost never see an ADR for. I got lucky this weekend however and snagged it. Tables are pretty clumped together if you’re seated in that corner window room. I didn’t mind, but other people seemed to have an issue sitting so close to strangers while eating. All I gotta say is I hope these people don’t go to Biergarten.

I got the bbq pulled pork brisket with Mac n cheese, which was pretty good. Most of the entries are your standard burgers and fries so it’s not a place you have to worry about having nothing for kids. The best part and what this place is known for however is the dessert. You must get dessert here because they got a wide variety to choose from especially in the ice cream department. I got the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel.

Overall pretty good, not something I’m going to go crazy to book my next ADR for but worth checking out especially if you like the Plaza ice cream and want something more intricate than what they serve at the stand.
That looks so good! :cloud9:

So glad I came to this area of the forums today. Thanks for posting. I've been wanting a Plaza dinner ADR for our early August trip. It is a more economical ADR for our family and the kids love the desserts/shakes. Snagged an ADR for 7. At the 180 day mark ADR's for the Plaza were not open.
Dan

Last edited:
We ate there last summer - it was definetely not a walk up. They were turning people away that walked up and most were waiting for their reservation time!! We had to wait about 30 minutes past time and we had an ADR. It is an okay place to eat. Nice and bright and we caught a glimpse of the parade. It is small but we didn't feel like we were sitting on top of each other any more than any other place at Disney really.

We're trying this one for the first time this upcoming June trip. Excited for that bread pudding and the fried green tomatoes sandwich.

Depending on when in September, I'm headed to make an ADR for lunch for a Saturday in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter