Finally planning our first trip in 7 years!

BeckyEsq

Mouseketeer.
Hi, I'm Becky and my last trip to WDW was in 2006. I figure by the time we go in 2013 that makes me a born-again Disney virgin. :rotfl2:

As DH Steve is a teacher we have to travel in the heat of summer. This will be my DD's first trip and she will be a few weeks shy of 3 (so does not need park admission or DP!) We adopted our daughter after 8 years of wanting a child and I will admit she really is our princess. princess: Nothing wrong with that right?

Plans are to stay at POR for 5 nights, DDP and 5 day Park Hoppers. I will need to book flights out of Pittsburgh -- any tips for finding decent deals or internet specials?

A few questions for those who have been there recently:

1) I seem to remember a character meet and greet in Future World where we got pictures with Mickey, Donald etc. I haven't seen this in any trip reports lately -- is it still there?

2) Is there a list somewhere online of where to meet the characters, other than character dining?

3) I seem to remember getting appetizers with TS meals on the DP. Has this changed?

4) What would you say is the biggest change in recent years? Any new attractions or anything new you just love?

5) Can't misses for an almost 3 year old?

Thanks for reading and any advice!!!

Here we are at the WL in 2006 celebrating our 7th Anniversary:

2094_1011971942713_9784_n.jpg

A recent picture of my little munchkin dressed as Dorothy for a Halloween party

47500_3803031797465_747538717_n.jpg

Aww she is adorable in her dorothy costume! My mom is a teacher and we always went in the summer growing up.

After 2007 they stopped including the appetizer and the tip in the dining plan.

Interesting. It's probably for the best because it really was too much food. We never eat an appetizer, entree, AND dessert.

I know it's early but I'm starting to think about our ADR's. Not sure if it's worth it to do Cindrella's Royal Table since I'm not really sure how DD will react to the characters. I guess princesses can now be seen in the theater on Main Street? I thought we might do Akershus as another way to see the princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter