Finally stopped at Carnation Cafe!

MychaelP

Mouseketeer
After more than 40 years I finally stopped at Carnation Cafe. My Mom was visiting and my wife and I surprised her and took her to Disneyland. We were all like kids, and for the first time decided to do things we've never done before. We ate at Carnation Cafe. If you haven't stopped there, do it. Prices are more affordable than I expected as well. Barely $6 for the fried pickles appetizer! I remembered the story of Oscar, so asked if he was around. He stopped by our table a few minutes later and talked with us for 5 minutes or so. What a friendly and nice man. Said he's been there working since 1956! Told us he was taking next week and the next off since he had 400 hours of vacation saved up and wanted some time to relax. I hope to find a job I enjoy that much still one day.
Anyway, wanted to post that. Had a magical day there with my 66 year old Mom who loved every minute of our day. Thanks to Disney. Also my wife and I will be upgrading our SoCal pass in a week or so to AP's finally!

Glad you enjoyed yourself! Carnation Café is a must for me anytime I am visiting the park. Just told my sister today to plan on eating there 2 times when we are visiting in May - once for lunch and once for dinner.

WOW, thanks, OP! :thumbsup2

We have never eaten there and have been AP holders for 5 years. We have walked in there. We have looked at the menu. Everything does look awesome. But we just never stayed to eat.

Now we will. :goodvibes

Carnation Cafe is great!
My kids had the 'Peanut Butter Palette' sandwich there. It's very cute. They bring out the bread, and little tubs of PB, jam, chocolate chips, raisins, etc, and the kids can create their own sandwich.
The burger is very good too, and the soup...YUM!

I completely agree how awesome it is. I we typically make reservations for breakfast at least once every few trips. Oscar is awesome and such a gem!

We have brought friends who are AP holders but never stopped in and they loved it too. We prefer breakfast but anytime is good :)

I'm so glad you stopped in, enjoyed it, and got to meet Oscar. But I'm sad to hear that he will be off next week as I was hoping to stop in and say hi.

The Apple Granola pancakes are great for breakfast. For lunch or dinner, I usually get the Chicken-fried Chicken. So good. Also the baked potato soup!! Yum...

The Apple Granola pancakes are great for breakfast. For lunch or dinner, I usually get the Chicken-fried Chicken. So good. Also the baked potato soup!! Yum...
Thanks for the tip, I'll try those out when we upgrade to AP's in a week or so.

It used to be my favorite for breakfast before they took the croissant Benedict off the menu :(

But we still almost always eat at least one meal there. The potato soup and turkey sandwich are my favorite!

Our family loves the breakfast menu the most:rolleyes: A great place to take a break and enjoy some great food,, good service, and being at DisneyLand:)

crystal1313 said:
It used to be my favorite for breakfast before they took the croissant Benedict off the menu :(

But we still almost always eat at least one meal there. The potato soup and turkey sandwich are my favorite!

Oh I forgot about the turkey sandwich!! 2 Tried it last visit for dinner and was sooo good and I'm not much of a sandwich person :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter