• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally we will be back!

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
It has been a long time! We have been coming to the fort since 2005 but with big kids, family and what not, we have stayed off site to have more room. Now we are empty nesters (although two of our kids will tag along) and my sister has a RV now!

We are arrive May 21st for 2 weeks! Already, 2 weeks is not seeming long enough.

After all this covid mess, what is open now?
Is the movies open at least?
Any scavenger hunts or activities?
If not do you think as May gets closer things will start changing?

Anything new at the Fort that I might not know of?

Thank you!!!!
Carrie

It's all pretty much open except for Hoop De Doo but that will be opening soon. There are movies and smores but they haven't brought back the singalong :sad:. Right now, there is no boat to the Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary but there is a bus to Wilderness Lodge (and MK) and you can take the boat to MK and hop on the monorail. I found the pool games to be lacking a little but they were still doing them so that's a win. Grab a seat at the pool early if that's important to you. We were there last year in April and this year was SO MUCH BETTER. It really felt like Fort Wilderness again right down to the loud kids at 6am (that's for you @bama_ed, Loop 2000 did not disappoint :crazy:).

It really felt like Fort Wilderness again right down to the loud kids at 6am (that's for you @bama_ed, Loop 2000 did not disappoint :crazy:).

Allie, I'm turning into the grumpy old man who yells, "you kids get OFF my lawn"!

giphy.gif

Ed

PS - and back in the day, I was one of those kids .....

Allie, I'm turning into the grumpy old man who yells, "you kids get OFF my lawn"!

giphy.gif

Ed

PS - and back in the day, I was one of those kids .....
I actually did that to the kids throwing rocks at a turkey in my "backyard" that butted up against the canal. I can take noise but being mean to animals is a big no-no. I have to say, we had the loveliest, shadiest, roomiest 3 sites next to each other in Loop 2000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter