Financing DVC?

2boys'mom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me an idea of what Disney requires for a down payment for DVC and what the mortgage payments are along with the maintenence fees for a given amount of points? say 150 or 300? What is the time period and interest rate? How much do you have to pay per year for this? Thanks.

I'm going to have to check my paperwork to be certain about this. I purchased 175 points at I think $67 per point. With the buy back from the Magical beginings my monthly payment is around $187 per month. This includes the monthly maintenance fee. I know this is terrible but I can't even remember the interest rate.

When I took the DVC tour and I found out you only had to put down $500 to join, I signed up right there on the spot! I'm sorry at this moment I can't be more helpful, I'll have to look at my paperwork tomarrow.

Gina
DVC Member

We financed 150 points at $72 a point. We put 20% down. Our monthly payments are about 160 a month (give or take a little bit and this included the yearly dues as well). Interest rate is 10.95% if you allow them to take it out electronically from your bank.

We purchased 300 points...we took the "magical beginnings offering, and sold back 150 of our first years points for $1,500...we then put $2,300 down in cash for a total of 20%....my monthly loan payment is $375 at 11%....and my dues add up to $125 per month....so for 5 years I will pay 500 per month....then after that I will pay approximately 125 a month....by the way, we purchased at VWL. ..We closed in April of this year, and will be spending our first night on points in August.....The way I look at it is, that it is not very cost effective for the first 5 years, but it is very cost effective for the next 35 yeras after the intial 5....I mean I would not call this a whopper investment, due to the fact that it has a time limit, but that is not why you would buy in. It definetly is a smart way for disneyholics to spend there money.....My wife and i are most definetly on a tight budget, and I constantly try and convince friends of mine who go to disney yearly that they are throwing needless money down the drain....imagine saving all year, and dropping close to $4000 dollars to pack 2 kids and 2 adults into a small room at the carribean beach (ouch)!!!.....I hope this has been helpful

The disparity in the amounts you see above may be explained by the length of loan taken by the individual....I think they have repayment terms over 5 yaers and ten years....maybe 7 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter