• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Financing through Disney????

Balou3

Earning My Ears
Is it true that if you finance through Disney, the interest you pay is tax deductible. We are looking into WLV and if this is true it would put WLV over BWV (my choice).
I am unable to take out a home equity loan for a Resale :( , we just did a refinance on our home this past month which leaves us stuck with having to take out a secured/unsecured loan for the resale....

Has anybody heard anything on the BCV???? I know it is scheduled to be ready by late 2002 (???????).
Should I wait for BCV???

It is tax deductible, as well as the property tax portion of the annual dues. Target opening for BCV is currently Sep 2002.

BCV is supposed to open in September of 2002. You sound almost disappointed about purchasing at VWL. If you truly want the Boardwalk area and plan to buy through Disney, you may be better off waiting for BCV. The best advice around here is "buy where you plan to stay". Personally, I would not buy at VWL hoping to always get BWV. Currently BWV is a popular resort and awfully tough to get into at certain times of the year using the seven month window.

Laura

Financing through Disney is very advantageous. We looked into resales, but the only way it's a better deal is to pay $59.50/pp, no closing costs and have more than 1/2 the total points banked.
(Not going to happen).

Disney offers an ok finance rate, but more importantly if you continue to add-on as we have (6 add-ons), you only have one nut to pay each month (or deduction from check account). Also, disney discourages multiple use years! Resales do not care. Disney also allows you the tax write off!

Buy at the place you prefer! We have most of our interest in OKW and some at BWV. We prefer OKW but know that its extremely difficult to acquire more points (thru Disney, of course).

Hope this info helps you decide...........

Originally posted by Laurajean1014
Financing through Disney is very advantageous. We looked into resales, but the only way it's a better deal is to pay $59.50/pp, no closing costs and have more than 1/2 the total points banked.
(Not going to happen).

Could you please explain how you came up with these figures? Were you using Magical Beginnings rates? Thank you. We're still trying to decide whether to buy new or resale.
Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter