Fingerprint or scan of 3-9 year olds at WDW

I have to disagree that there is this major problem with "gate running"...

But what I know for a fact is that many 3,4, and 5 year olds "roll through" and disney probably does too...

If the kids are little and you can save $100 day and nobody blinks and eye...it's hard for the wallet to resist temptation.

I never did that with my 2...but know many who have quite a bit.

From what I understand, there are some less-than-kosher tour companies that will buy multi-day passes; and give them to Family A to use for three day, collect them back, then give them to Family B to use for the remaining days. Connecting a ticket to an individual with a photograph or finger scan shuts this down.

I have a nine and four year old and I see absolutely no problem with this change in procedure. Kids have to scan their fingers. Big deal. Like HopperFan said, it will make my kids feel more important. I doubt it was a change Disney took lightly. They probably had quite a bit of evidence and reports that many people were abusing the previous no-scan policy. As with so many things in life, it is the system abusers who make things more difficult and time consuming for everyone else. If the world were comprised of 100% honest people, life would be far easier and less expensive.

My kids have usually scanned their fingers (pretend) anyway when they saw mom and dad do it so no biggie here. Though a suggestion to the powers that be - make sure you have some wipes on hand as little hands can get mysteriously caked in gross without them having even touched anything :crazy2:

:rolleyes1I like the new rule, my kids always put their finger on the finger lector anyway...and would like to point it is NOT a fingerprint scanner, no Disney do not scan your fingerprints it is a picture of your finger profile and it's attached to the pass information in the system, some people believe their actual fingerprints are being taken not true, with this information my question is some kids do grow a lot in a course of a year changing their finger profile? Maybe? I can see long lines in the future:sail:
P.S.
Only those who were cheating can have a problem with it

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter