Fireworks 2021

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
Any rumors about when any sort of fireworks are coming back? Not even a full HEA type show, but anything anywhere in the World?

My guess, by the way, is that they’ll start with Epcot. HEA attracts too condensed of crowds in one place, AK can’t have fireworks because they scare the animals, and Fantasmic has social distancing problems with their tiny backstage area.

My guess, by the way, is that they’ll start with Epcot. HEA attracts too condensed of crowds in one place, AK can’t have fireworks because they scare the animals, and Fantasmic has social distancing problems with their tiny backstage area.
I know it wasn’t the most loved show, but I wish they would bring back Rivers of Light. I would think that would work well for social distancing.

I know it wasn’t the most loved show, but I wish they would bring back Rivers of Light. I would think that would work well for social distancing.
I would have to kindly disagree. The one and only time we watched it, we were packed in the seating area like sardines and the show couldn't get over fast enough. Was totally disappointed with it and we even saw it in it's full glory of having actors on the boats, etc.

I would have to kindly disagree. The one and only time we watched it, we were packed in the seating area like sardines and the show couldn't get over fast enough. Was totally disappointed with it and we even saw it in it's full glory of having actors on the boats, etc.

Before Covid you were. I believe the posters point was they have plenty of space to socially distance, now. And it would certainly be a good people eater. We love the show and can't wait to see it again.

Rivers of Light was announced to be closed forever. But I'm sure they could put something else there.

I don’t think they can start with just one park. I think too many people would hop to Epcot if it was the only park offering a fireworks show. Instead I think we’ll see Harmonius, a Star Wars show in Studios, and a show at MK all start simultaneously. I agree they won’t want to do HEA at MK because of crowding at the hub, but they could do something that relies less on castle projections.

I don’t think they can start with just one park. I think too many people would hop to Epcot if it was the only park offering a fireworks show. Instead I think we’ll see Harmonius, a Star Wars show in Studios, and a show at MK all start simultaneously. I agree they won’t want to do HEA at MK because of crowding at the hub, but they could do something that relies less on castle projections.
For me, HEA is just as beautiful without the projections. That show is just all around spectacular. I would be on board with doing that without projections and just the fireworks and music.

I don’t think they can start with just one park. I think too many people would hop to Epcot if it was the only park offering a fireworks show.
When I thought about it, I thought the same thing. That's why I wonder if they'll start with just plain ol' fireworks in the MK. Obviously the hub would probably still be the best view, but you could still watch them in a lot of places without missing much.

I do hope they bring them back soon. We went in February and it was easily the thing I missed most. I know HEA is likely to be the last thing that comes back in its full version but I can't wait to see it again.

Agree! Plus between the TINY seating area, horribly uncomfortable concrete bench seating, and a lackluster difficult-to-follow show (with water screens that worked maybe 50% of the time), I'm lowkey surprised it ran as long as it did!

One way they could ease crowding at the hub would be to put some projections on the back side of the castle or utilize other areas of MK for some of the show. If I remember correctly the music is loud enough to be heard all around the parks anyway.

Rivers of Light was announced to be closed forever. But I'm sure they could put something else there.

Not sure if anyone else here buys the annual "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World", but the 2021 version was just released (and has all the up-to-date COVID ride info) and I bought a copy in preparation for my trip next week.

They have a tidbit in there called 'Disney Dish with Jim Hill' where a famous (or infamous, depending on your take!) Disney Insider talks about what may be on the horizon for the parks in the coming years. In this version of the Guide, he talks about the dismantling of RoL, and how the current plan is to reinstate an Animal Kingdom nighttime show with a full Lion King theme. He mentioned tying it to an as-now-unconfirmed upcoming Lion King prequel movie. Anyway, I think that could be a cool idea; I'd love to see what Disney does with a Lion King-themed nighttime show in that space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter