Fireworks Added for August!!

scrappinginontario

Fireworks will continue through August in both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot!!

Times vary depending on date.

The time of the fireworks (e.g. 8:45 on August 24th) confirms that the fireworks will be available to both day guests and Boo Bash guests!!

To view fireworks times, go to the calendar on the Disney World site and look at the 5 day view.

Looks like the changeover to earlier fireworks and closing times happens Aug. 10. HEA moves to 8:45 and EF moves to 9:00 that day and both parks close at 9:00.

Looks like the changeover to earlier fireworks and closing times happens Aug. 10. HEA moves to 8:45 and EF moves to 9:00 that day and both parks close at 9:00.
Speaking on MK- Wonder why? Park capacity keeps increasing, crowd levels keep increasing and MK Hours cut from July?? What am I missing?

We’ve never been when MK closes at 9 and HEA was at or before 9. Looks like we’ll need an exit strategy. 😂

Speaking on MK- Wonder why? Park capacity keeps increasing, crowd levels keep increasing and MK Hours cut from July?? What am I missing?

We’ve never been when MK closes at 9 and HEA was at or before 9. Looks like we’ll need an exit strategy. 😂

Possibly for ease once Boo Bash starts? Same closing time each night although there's still time for them to update hours. Recently they've been extending hours on a weekly basis, not all at once.

The first Boo Bash is on August 10. Most likely they figured that would be a good day start with backed down hours.

Traditionally, park hours always tampered off after Aug. 15. Hours would get shorter for the third week of Aug., then drop to 8-9pm for the 4th week.

But my guess is staffing, 20-40% of recalled CM’s didn’t and the rest have not been recalled to save money.

Possibly for ease once Boo Bash starts? Same closing time each night although there's still time for them to update hours. Recently they've been extending hours on a weekly basis, not all at once.

That was the case going into Summer, but July hours were set in June (when the FW schedule was posted) and haven’t changed since. August may follow suit.

The first Boo Bash is on August 10. Most likely they figured that would be a good day start with backed down hours.
Traditionally, park hours always tampered off after Aug. 15. Hours would get shorter for the third week of Aug., then drop to 8-9pm for the 4th week.

But my guess is staffing, 20-40% of recalled CM’s didn’t and the rest have not been recalled to save money.

That was the case going into Summer, but July hours were set in June (when the FW schedule was posted) and haven’t changed since. August may follow suit.

I bet what you’re both saying, but still park capacity is increasing as are crowd levels. Not that I’m trying to understand Disney’s rationale on anything.😂🤣

I have been in some crazy bus lines at Magic Kingdom, 90 minutes plus, when fireworks started at 9:15 and the park closed at 10, I can’t even imagine what it will be like with 8:45pm fireworks and a 9pm close. After fireworks no one will have the option to venture deeper into the park and do a last ride or two. We go mid August for a 16 day trip with 5 MK days, not sure I’m going to want to even stay for fireworks more than once if they don’t extend hours.

Did people think there weren't going to be fireworks in August? Curious. Before anyone starts freaking out about September, this has been the norm at Disney for a while, even pre pandemic. They release show/firework times month by month about 2 weeks-ish before the month.

Did people think there weren't going to be fireworks in August? Curious. Before anyone starts freaking out about September, this has been the norm at Disney for a while, even pre pandemic. They release show/firework times month by month about 2 weeks-ish before the month.
While that may be the case, it makes it challenging for those trying to book fireworks cruises, etc. as well as park reservations.

Another big question this time was what was going to happen with fireworks on Boo Bash nights? In the past the fireworks were only included for day guests on non-MNSSHP nights which meant planning MK days required care. It was confirmed yesterday that fireworks will be available to both day guests + Boo Bash guests on party nights. Add to this that Park Reservations are new since pre-March 2020 fireworks, a lot more effort is required to determine park days for guests wishing to see the MK fireworks.

There was me thinking we would 100% get fireworks in September. Time will tell
I think it’s a given moving forward. The title of this thread does make it sound like it’s a surprise that Fireworks are continuing. Probably a better title for this thread would be, August Fireworks times now listed on park calendars, or something along those lines.

While that may be the case, it makes it challenging for those trying to book fireworks cruises, etc. as well as park reservations.

Another big question this time was what was going to happen with fireworks on Boo Bash nights? In the past the fireworks were only included for day guests on non-MNSSHP nights which meant planning MK days required care. It was confirmed yesterday that fireworks will be available to both day guests + Boo Bash guests on party nights. Add to this that Park Reservations are new since pre-March 2020 fireworks, a lot more effort is required to determine park days for guests wishing to see the MK fireworks.
That had been confirmed earlier. And Boo Bash isn't a party, its an after hours event. Which traditionally has had fireworks for daytime guests. What hasn't been officially confirmed yet is for the Christmas after hours if 2 fireworks shows will be shown those nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter