Fireworks and WOC same night?

JBF1982

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I will be in the parks one night only, next Tuesday and am interested in doing the fireworks (930) and WOC shows twice (9 and 1015). Is doing both really feasible? I realize I may not get the best view of one or both shows, trying to see both. If someone has successfully done both shows, on the same night, or has any tips, I would love to know. Thanks!

If you watch the DL fireworks from near the main entrance (not the best spot IMO) and hoof it to WOC after the fireworks and you have a FP for WOC 2nd show, you will likely get a poor view of WOC. But it can be done.

They are both really, really good shows. And you will have a poor view of both but likely a bit better for the fireworks. Have you seen WOC before? If not I would highly recommend you choose one show or the other and get a good spot for that show.

:wizard:

Last edited:
You can't stay until the end of the first WOC and still make it to fireworks. It's 27 minutes long and it's just not possible to get out of the PP area, across DCA and through the DL turnstile in under 5 minutes after WOC or before fireworks.

As long as you accept that you'll have a poor/limited/obstructed view of both shows, I do think it's possible to see both fireworks and WoC on the same night.

I don't really think there is anyway you'll be able to see the first showing of WoC and fireworks. WoC has a run time of 25+ minutes, which would only leave you only a few minutes (in a perfect world) to get out of the WoC viewing area, out of DCA, into DL, and to a spot where you can see the fireworks. I suppose it's possible, but it would pretty tight. I've done this once (kind of) and fireworks started while we still trying to get out of DCA (the crowds make it hard to move fast) and we finally made it into DL about half way through fireworks.

Most folks that have talked about seeing both shows, typically try for the second WoC (you'll need a FP because the show time is after the park closes, but if you have a FP they usually will let you into DCA if you don't make it to turnstiles by 10:00 pm - I haven't tried this personally, but that's what I've read). I recommend watching fireworks as close to the exit of Disneyland as possible, then immediately heading over to DCA. Remember has a run time of 16 minutes, so that should give you just enough time to make it over to DCA (assuming fireworks starts on time, but they can delay it if the weather is no cooperating and they think the winds might improve), but you'll probably end up in the back of the WoC viewing area with a very poor view.

Thank you all for the replies! I did see WOC, back in of March 2013, so it has been awhile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter