• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks Cruise & New Castle Show

NJBILL

Always Keep An Eye To The Sky
We booked a MK Fireworks cruise for July. My daughter says a lot of the show is projected onto the Castle. Has anyone done this since the new show started? Is it still worth going?
Thanks.

We booked a MK Fireworks cruise for July.
1. My daughter says a lot of the show is projected onto the Castle.
2. Has anyone done this since the new show started?
3. Is it still worth going?

1. Well, "a lot" may be an overstatement, but, yes, the current show has a major "projection" element that Wishes did not.
2. There have been reports of guests seeing the new show from outside MK.
(With no castle view.) The fireworks are really good, in themselves.
3. That's a question only you can answer.
I think that the cruises, while nice, are far overpriced.
Even more so with the new castle projections, which can't be seen from the boat.

I'd just head to TTC or one of the many other "no-charge" outside the MK viewing areas.

1. Well, "a lot" may be an overstatement, but, yes, the current show has a major "projection" element that Wishes did not.
2. There have been reports of guests seeing the new show from outside MK.
(With no castle view.) The fireworks are really good, in themselves.
3. That's a question only you can answer.
I think that the cruises, while nice, are far overpriced.
Even more so with the new castle projections, which can't be seen from the boat.

I'd just head to TTC or one of the many other "no-charge" outside the MK viewing areas.
Couldn't agree more the GF and Poly both have great spots for viewing the fireworks and are completely free. You could park at ttc and take the monorail over to either resort

Although one counter opinion to the above - the audio at the Poly is not that great. It's only so-so at GF. Haven't tried the TTC but have always read the audio is great there. I have not done a fireworks cruise but I've read the audio is quite good (but again, no direct experience). I think being out on the 7 Seas Lagoon, maybe with an adult beverage, would be a lot of fun.

FWIW - I watched from a Poly TPV room two Fridays ago, the first night of HEA. I was impressed with the viewing from there - it is still an incredible fireworks show, arguably (much) better than Wishes frankly, from a pyro perspective. There's still plenty to see to be entertained. Sure you miss some elements, but I don't think that materially impacts the entertainment value from the off-site viewing areas.

(Although, you should plan to watch from inside the park at some point if you can, it's well worth it).

I'm attaching some photos from my Poly TPV room. These aren't necessarily a great proxy for a cruise view, but they should give you context of how it looks from outside the park.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter