• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TheSouthernBelle

DIS Veteran
So, if you've done the MK Fireworks dessert party, did you love it? Would you recommend it to a friend? Was thinking of the garden viewing since it's a little less than the seated party and view seems to be better. Thoughts??

We did it in May and loved it. We still ended up waiting around a bit, but the viewing area was great and protected from the crowds. As Main Street became packed shoulder to shoulder, we still had room to walk around, stretch, sit on the ground. When the show was done, we also avoided being crushed. CM's were directing people around the back of some buildings and we got out to the buses fairly quickly -this wasn't just for the party people, everyone in that end of the street. The desserts were good too.

It was nice but I wouldn't do it again. Way too expensive for what you get IMO.

So, if you've done the MK Fireworks dessert party, did you love it? Would you recommend it to a friend? Was thinking of the garden viewing since it's a little less than the seated party and view seems to be better. Thoughts??

Post #1 in this thread has some info and also links to recent in-thread reviews/comments from DISers: MK "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party (Parties) Discussion Thread

Probably more info that you want to know, but hope it helps.

I did it in March with my Mom and we loved it. I probably won't ever bother with the fireworks without it. It was way less claustrophobic and more relaxed.

I would recommend the AFTER fireworks dessert party, not the fireworks dessert party, especially if you're staying onsite and it's a night that the MK is open late and has EMH. You will have as much time as you want to eat your desserts, not feel rushed, then head out into a slightly emptier park to enjoy the rest of your night. I would suggest you either only eat a light dinner or have a late lunch so that you can make the most of your bounty. They have started serving some small savory items like spring rolls and you can fill up on those. They also cut the sweet-on-sweet OD that you might start feeling when you are digging into your overflowing plate of desserts.

We did the dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace. We did this rather than the Garden View since SEATS were important to us. We had the best time! Since we were able to stay for the dessert party and the show, we had a lot more time to enjoy the desserts. We continued to sit in the same seats to watch the fireworks show. Yes, the castle view was a bit obstructed, but we felt like VIP's the way the CM's treated everyone at the Terrace. And Tinkerbell flew right over our heads!

Post #1 in this thread has some info and also links to recent in-thread reviews/comments from DISers: MK "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party (Parties) Discussion Thread

Probably more info that you want to know, but hope it helps.

OK that was very helpful, in your post when you mentioned you arrived late, what time was your adr for? I booked a regular fireworks garden view at 7:30pm. Will we be able to check in at TT late around 8pm'ish and then head over to the garden for the show or if I'm late I missed it??? I just can't see sitting at TT for an hour eating desserts--or maybe we can but can't be trusted :upsidedow :rolleyes1

I would recommend the AFTER fireworks dessert party, not the fireworks dessert party, especially if you're staying onsite and it's a night that the MK is open late and has EMH. You will have as much time as you want to eat your desserts, not feel rushed, then head out into a slightly emptier park to enjoy the rest of your night. I would suggest you either only eat a light dinner or have a late lunch so that you can make the most of your bounty. They have started serving some small savory items like spring rolls and you can fill up on those. They also cut the sweet-on-sweet OD that you might start feeling when you are digging into your overflowing plate of desserts.
MK closing is set for 9pm right now with no evening EMH. But I am keeping my eyes peeled. Thank you!

We did it in April and did not love it. The reason for this is because as soon as we showed up, which was about 8:00pm we were told that is was a busy party night and that we should eat quickly and go get our spots in the garden. I am not sure if the CM should have put that much emphasis on eating quickly. We were looking forward to sitting enjoying the dessert (which were just so-so) and then going down to the garden at 8:45. I think even if we did this we would have been fine to get a spot, but we had never done a party so we were listening to the CM's advice. It was nice that they had the photopass person there and there certainly did seem like there was plenty of space, so not sure if the CM's comment was just a tactic to clear out the dessert portion quickly. during the fireworks we had a father right up at the fence who still decided to hoist his child up on his shoulders, so needless to say my 4DD could not see, but thankfully there was a couple who let her get up in front of them. I did feel that there should be some rules if attending the party and CM enforcing them. At any rate I see they now have an after dessert party which I could see would be more enjoyable with better food offerings and not having to worry about eating quickly in order to get to the viewing area in time.

We did it in April and did not love it. The reason for this is because as soon as we showed up, which was about 8:00pm we were told that is was a busy party night and that we should eat quickly and go get our spots in the garden. I am not sure if the CM should have put that much emphasis on eating quickly. We were looking forward to sitting enjoying the dessert (which were just so-so) and then going down to the garden at 8:45. I think even if we did this we would have been fine to get a spot, but we had never done a party so we were listening to the CM's advice. It was nice that they had the photopass person there and there certainly did seem like there was plenty of space, so not sure if the CM's comment was just a tactic to clear out the dessert portion quickly. during the fireworks we had a father right up at the fence who still decided to hoist his child up on his shoulders, so needless to say my 4DD could not see, but thankfully there was a couple who let her get up in front of them. I did feel that there should be some rules if attending the party and CM enforcing them. At any rate I see they now have an after dessert party which I could see would be more enjoyable with better food offerings and not having to worry about eating quickly in order to get to the viewing area in time.
Thank you, I saw that the after fireworks dessert party opened up, going to book that now and cancel the before one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter