Fireworks from TOTW lounge

DisneyKeepsUsYoung

Mouseketeer
We are going to be at MK on a Halloween party day but not staying for the party. We'd like to watch the party fireworks from TOTW lounge. We've never been there before being newish members. We don't mind to not get table, we can just order a couple drinks and stand to watch the fireworks if this is allowed. How early do we need to be there to make sure we are allowed in? I'm assuming it closes for capacity once so many people are there. I'm trying to decide on an ADR at Chef Mickey's beforehand so trying to get an idea of timeline. TIA!

We were there in march. Got there about 15 min before fireworks. We were staying at wilderness villas and took the boat over. We have done it several times. I've never heard of there being a capacity problem. If you want a view along the wall get there about 10 to 15 min early. In March, the bar area was pretty full but the outside was almost empty. It's very easy to get a drink and take it outside. In fact preferable. Parents let kids run wild inside and it gets very loud.
Ps. Have you eaten at chef Mickey Before? Honestly the food is disgusting. Want a character event that's fun with good food...try park Fare at grand Floridian. Then you could jump on monorail over to contemporary.

EVERY trip we seem to get sidetracked and never make it. This May on our MUST DO, really looking forward to going. DON'T FORGET your DVC membership cards. From what I understand, you must show DVC membership cards and the others in your party must be staying with you on your reservation! ::yes::ENJOY!:dance3:

EVERY trip we seem to get sidetracked and never make it. This May on our MUST DO, really looking forward to going. DON'T FORGET your DVC membership cards. From what I understand, you must show DVC membership cards and the others in your party must be staying with you on your reservation! ::yes::ENJOY!:dance3:
Didn't the recent changes say that TOTW would still be available to new resale owners. No member card will be issued but a member card is needed to get in.

I was thinking party nights being unique fireworks that it would busier. Glad to see the capacity is that high. Everything I saw online just mentioned the seating being around 75, which is quite low to me.
I have not ever eaten at Chef Mickey's. I've read mixed reviews and am hesitant on it. It's my son's birthday and he requested dinner with "his pal Mickey". He said NO to Cinderella family dinner which I thought sounded better. I really don't want to pay that much for bad food! But with park closing at 7 I'm not sure where else to eat unique for him.

I've walked in there a few minutes before the fireworks started and still got a spot at the wall. I have NEVER seen the lounge/deck close for capacity (even on party nights). You can access the deck without even entering the lounge area. Only time it might have a big crowd is for days like the 4th of July or New Years Eve, and I think for those days it is restricted to guests of BLT anyway.

Little kids probably won't be able to see over the wall, so you'll want to stand them back a bit anyway.

I don't think I've ever read a report of it actually closing due to capacity. When we've gone it's never been close to an issue. Lots of people do go to watch from the terrace and never even step into the lounge itself so even on busy nights it's been ok to get a drink and take out even if every seat inside is being used. ie - it's not jam packed that you can't get around easily. I'm trying to remember if any family went up on the 31st last year - I think we did.

We watch them from there every time we go. The most I have seen is 50 people. There is plenty of room if you get there early. If you are going at a busy time of the year, you may want to make sure you are there 15 minutes early

You don't even have to go inside the lounge. There is an entrance to the deck before you even reach the lounge. FWIW, I don't think the view from inside the lounge is very good. You'll want to be outside on the deck to watch the fireworks, anyway

There is basically no view from inside the lounge. To see the show, you will want to be out on the deck.

The times we've been there, the railing/wall space filled in fairly quickly closer to starting time so if you want to watch from the front row, you may want to be there a little earlier, maybe by 15-20 minutes? The rest of the terrace had plenty of room.

I am planning on trying to make it there one night on my upcoming trip. Will it be easy for young kids to see the fireworks?

I am planning on trying to make it there one night on my upcoming trip. Will it be easy for young kids to see the fireworks?
You will most likely have to lift them to see over the at least 4' high concrete wall.

Can members go up if staying on a cash reservation at a moderate?
On all nights except 7/3, 7/4, 12/30 & 12/31, members have access to the TOTWL as long as they are staying at any Disney owned & operated resort. This can be cash or points.

We have done this before when we were staying at BLT. We are going in June and have four rooms reserved all on our DVC points at AK-Kidani. Everyone staying on our points could go with us, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter