Fireworks question

ermakalu

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going to Disneyland from September 4-September 9 which is Labor Day weekend. We will get there Sunday afternoon and depending on crowds, either go to Disneyland Monday or just wait until Tuesday for Disneyland and go to the beach Monday. Then we'd have less crowded park days by going Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

If fireworks aren't going on during the week, I'm wondering if on Sunday night when we get there if there is a place outside of the park that we can see the fireworks.

Also, I've heard that there is commentary with the fireworks. Can you only hear this when you are in the park?

I hope my questions aren't too stupid and make sense. :crazy: This board is great and I have printed pages of information to help with my trip.

Thanks! Marisa

I can't say for certain if fireworks will be going the week after labor day, but if history holds, they should be at least on Sunday and Monday nights. The rest of that week is iffy . . .

Yes - there is a 17+ minute fireworks music/spoken word montage that goes with the fireworks. As far as I know it is not piped anywhere else - not even at DCA - so you have to be inside the park to hear it. BUT - it is one of the tracks on the new 2-disc 50th Anniversary music CD's available! You can get that CD and cue it up on a personal CD player!

That being said, I would highly suggest to watch the fireworks from inside DL just past the end of Main Street towards the Castle, since the Castle is a major player in the performance.

I know others will be of more assistance than I was . . . .

I've heard that they also play the music over at the DL hotel. I just know that w/o the music, these fireworks wouldn't be nearly as spectactular as they are. I do recommened watching them from inside the park at least once.

The soundtrack features a spoken introduction and closing by Julie Andrews, as well as music/dialogue from many of the Disney attractions.

I'm not aware of anywhere you can watch and hear the soundtrack other than within the park. Also, there are effects on and just above the castle, as well as on the Matterhorn.

Like others, I highly recommend seeing it from within the park somewhere past the end of main street. If that's just not possible though, I think you can see most of the fireworks from the area between DL and DCA, and from some of the hotel rooms in the DL hotel.

You must watch the fireworks from inside DL. You'll miss so much by not hearing the music or seeing some of the special effects on / in front of the fireworks.

Obviously nothing would be like watching them from DL - I've heard they are the best fireworks Disney has ever put on - it would be a shame to miss them. That said - PPH used to pipe the music in to their pool deck. There is a little restaurant(counter service) there with a patio that you can watch the fireworks with the music playing. This was a few years ago - but you can call and see if they still do this. I know the pool is for guests only - but I'm not sure about the patio and food.
You can see the fireworks from many placees in DTD - but there is no music, and you miss many of the smaller, lower fireworks.
Good Luck!

Thank you for all of your comments! I guess I will just have to watch the schedule and hope that maybe they will have fireworks during the week. I can't make any firm decisions until I see what is scheduled.

Now I know that I must see the fireworks from inside we are going to have to do some altering to the schedule. Hmmm!

Thanks for your tips!
Marisa

When we went I think each additional day was something like $20. It would be worth it to be inside seeing this show! There is a lot going on to the sides and on the front of the castle...things you wouldn't be able to see from anywhere but the Main Street area.

My thought is, if you're going that far, you might as well pay the little bit extra and use Sunday evening as your Disney preview!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter