• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks schedule for 2024 & Magic Happens returns!

Lisa24jks

DIS Veteran
Magic Happens parade will return on February 2! (Yay, says me, the Magic Happens superfan!)

Fireworks after the holidays will start with Mickey's Mix Magic from January 8 through March 21.
Switch to Wondrous Journeys from March 22 through April 14.
Back to Mickey's Mix Magic from April 15 through April 25th.
Together: A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular will start April 26th and run through August 3rd.

All from Scott Gustin on X: https://x.com/ScottGustin/status/1737882199913820554

As someone going at the end of January, this is infuriating. Why on earth are they taking 3 weeks off?
They have to bring the magic happens parade back from storage and likely have some after hours rehearsals before launching. I believe that when MMRR got built they went from having 2 parade storage barns on the small world side to just one storage barn up there. It’s the inverse of what happened in October before the holidays started.

They have to bring the magic happens parade back from storage and likely have some after hours rehearsals before launching. I believe that when MMRR got built they went from having 2 parade storage barns on the small world side to just one storage barn up there. It’s the inverse of what happened in October before the holidays started.
That makes sense but it would be nice if they could time this so they weren’t cutting the parade while also having no WoC and no Fantasmic and their worst firework show option.

That makes sense but it would be nice if they could time this so they weren’t cutting the parade while also having no WoC and no Fantasmic and their worst firework show option.
Unfortunately it is January which is usually high season for refurbs.

Do you think this means they will run magic happens at DL while also running the new Pixar parade at DCA? They didn't give an end date for magic happens

Do you think this means they will run magic happens at DL while also running the new Pixar parade at DCA? They didn't give an end date for magic happens

Sounds quite possible. The last time they did the Pixar Fest, the parade was at DL, but moving it to DCA could mean a longer life for Magic Happens.

Or they have something else up their sleeve for Summer, but not putting an end date on Magic Happens makes me think it will stick around for a bit. And then 2025 is the 70th anniversary of DL, so they might just keep MH this year and then do something new for the 70th, or bring back an old favorite like PtN or MSEP for 2025. I am 100% just spitballing here though and I have ZERO inside information.

We'll just miss Wondrous Journeys in March :( I've always wanted to see it. But my kids won't know the difference and they'll be stoked to see anything. Glad the parade is coming back though!

Drats, I was hoping to see "Wonderous Journeys" and "Magic Happens" on my May trip. Seems weird that they're doing these sporadic, limited runs.

Drats, I was hoping to see "Wonderous Journeys" and "Magic Happens" on my May trip. Seems weird that they're doing these sporadic, limited runs.
I think they are brining wondrous journeys back just for spring break season. Pixar fest returns at the end of April and with it the fireworks show it has back in 2018.

I'm so excited to see Wondrous Journeys! I'll be there the weekend before it ends.

I just want Rogers the Musical to come back…ANYTIME! (oh, Tinkaboo…will you shut up about that already! Geez…give it a break…). :rotfl2:
I am the only one in my family who wanted to see this, but yes, bring it back!

I just want Rogers the Musical to come back…ANYTIME! (oh, Tinkaboo…will you shut up about that already! Geez…give it a break…). :rotfl2:
We literally bough hoppers just to be able to see it during the summer. It was so worth it.

AMEN. It was so good and the cast was so talented that I'm sad I only got to see it once!

At the very least, there needs to be shows in the Hyperion during all of the busiest seasons. Seems silly to let that building sit empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter