Fireworks show changes this Friday - plus pics from the park today

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I spoke with a fellow guest at the park today who told me that the Remember… Dreams Come True fireworks show will change this Friday to Together Forever — A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular. So: if it's important to anyone that they see RDCT, Thursday is likely your last opportunity. At least for a while.

SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO SEE ALL THE PICS.

As always, a few pics from the park today:

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

Mr. Toad shortly after park opening -- about 8:06. It was nice to see it with virtually no line. I rode it twice :-).
IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4924.JPG

Last edited:
A few more pics -- we're only allowed ten per post.

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

A guest named Tommy had at least two large SB's coffees (first and fourth cups) perched atop this railing at the Buzz loading area. Dude -- Tommy: how much coffee do you really need? Yeah, of course it could be two different people -- father and son, perhaps -- but I prefer my version.
IMG_4947.JPG

It's duckling season at DL :-). Love seeing them every year at about this time.
IMG_4954.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

IMG_4963.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

Last edited:
Today was perhaps the best day I've ever had on Buzz. After only my second ride of the morning, I came out and checked my score. I was astonished to see that I'd earned 2,089,300 points! I started to laugh and two kids behind me said "Whoa, how'd you get two million?!" It took me a moment to answer because I couldn't stop laughing. That was a great start to the day. I don't often break two million -- perhaps in only about ten percent of my games. But to break it three times in one day, that was something.

buzzlightyear.k4.2018098083851.eng.JPG

buzzlightyear.k4.2018098104711.eng.JPG

On my last game of the day, I was able to score nearly 1.9M on one side, then I moved to the second gun and earned 2,090,200! As many of you know, it's difficult to land in the sweet spot between 2M and 2,096,000. If you go beyond that, your score resets and you lose everything. It's happened to me many times, today included. Moreover, since scores above a million don't display on the cart screen, you have to try to keep track in your head until you can verify your actual score on the monitors towards the exit. It isn't always easy.
buzzlightyear.k3.2018098124102.eng.JPG

You can see that I broke a million on both sides. That's also a challenge.
IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_4998.jpg

Last edited:

Did you by chance hear anything else regarding Pixar fest? I am going Saturday and wanted to know if certain areas of the park will be different due to it. I know so far the monorails have changed.

Wow what time did you get there for those empty park shots? Even on a rainy December morning I still had people in my photos lol.

Wow what time did you get there for those empty park shots? Even on a rainy December morning I still had people in my photos lol.

LOL. Someone asked me the exact same question last week. The park is only like that for about 20-30 seconds or so after the gates open. Ten seconds after I took those pics, the streets looked markedly different -- i.e. tons more people. It's a short-lived experience, which is why I always like to grab pics like that :-).

Did you by chance hear anything else regarding Pixar fest? I am going Saturday and wanted to know if certain areas of the park will be different due to it. I know so far the monorails have changed.

Unfortunately not. I did see that the Monorail had a Pixar overlay. Other than that, I saw or heard nothing. I think most of that is going on at DCA. I only go to that park perhaps three times a year. I love DL far more.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday so I'll be keeping an eye out for changes to the decor. Not gonna lie, I'm excited to see what happens. And if the new fireworks are at all like the 60th, it should be good!! I'll try to post pictures early Saturday in case that helps anyone.

Wow, ..i bet you were feeling edgy, that today would be the date that gates open at 8:00.......do the starbucks line up frequently like that.. I am going to call myself Tommy Kirk on my next Disneyland starbucks..anyhow, you capture those rare photo moments that many of us infrequent visitors would miss

...do the starbucks line up frequently like that.
I've never seen it before, which is why I grabbed the pic :-). It helped, also, that at least two had the name "Tommy" on them.

Side note: a good friend back in Chicago always starts his day with... a quart of coffee. Literally. 32 ounces. Every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter