Fireworks view from California Grill?

Chicago526

<font color=red>Any dream will do...<br><font colo
How hard is it to get PS's for the California Grill to see the fireworks at MK? I hope it's not as bad as CRT!!!

It's BF's first visit to WDW, and we get in late on our first day. So instead of going to the parks right away, I thought we could have a nice dinner at CA Grill and watch the fireworks over the Castle.:lovestruc

Obviously, I'd need to make a late res for a time that covers the fireworks, but can I specify a windo seat?

Thanks everyone!

Requests for window seats aren't taken at the time of PS, you have to request it when you arrive at the podium. There aren't that many window seats as an FYI, so please don't be disappointed if you don't get one. You can always go out to the viewing area to watch if you aren't in a window seat.

Also, the view of WISHES form the CG isn't the best--for the best view, go to Narcooses. WISHES was designed for optimum viewing straight on.

Either way, both are good restaurants, so enjoy!

Anne

I agree, we have eaten at CG several times and only been seated by the window once.

However, I disagree with the view from CG for Wishes. Although I have not seen the fireworks from Narcoosees, I do think they are fabulous from the CG regardless of where you are sitting.

We enjoyed this show MORE from the CG then from the MK.

Whatever you decide to do, have a great first night in WDW!

Having been to both CG and Narcoosee's a # of times each, I think the best views are outside--from the deck at the CG and from the porch at Narcoosee's. We don't even bother with a window table request any more--. Interrupting a meal during fireworks time is common at both spots--the staff is well used to it and service is adjusted accordingly. Once at the CG we were just about to get our entree when the fireworks began. The server just asked us if we were going out on the deck (we were) and told us he'd bring the entree out just as soon as the fireworks were done.

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
Interrupting a meal during fireworks time is common at both spots--the staff is well used to it and service is adjusted accordingly. Once at the CG we were just about to get our entree when the fireworks began. The server just asked us if we were going out on the deck (we were) and told us he'd bring the entree out just as soon as the fireworks were done.

We had the same experience at CG several years ago. What a wonderful example of Disney Guest Service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter