Fireworks viewing by IASW

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
Do they allow people to stand on the raised platforms across the walkway from Small World (where the steps and planter seats are) during the fireworks? If so, how much time would I need to invest to get a spot there against the railing?

Do they allow people to stand on the raised platforms across the walkway from Small World (where the steps and planter seats are) during the fireworks? If so, how much time would I need to invest to get a spot there against the railing?
I've seen people there, and I know it was pretty full about an hour prior to fireworks, so unsure when you would need to show up to get on the railing.

We've watched the fireworks from that area before but not on the railing. We arrived about 30 minutes ahead of time. There were already people there but we were still able to have a good view. We watch parades over there, too. I can't think of any times that I couldn't get a spot there. We have also watched from the other side of the street and even from the middle of the street when it wasn't crowded.

Thanks for the feedback. I've never seen Halloween Screams, and I only have one night to see it on this trip. I'd love to be in front of the castle, but I'm vertically challenged and have found in the past that if everyone is standing with their phones raised above their heads, I can't see a thing. I do have the plaza inn package reserved, but I'm skeptical of the view, so I'm waiting on feedback on that. I do also have 2nd show HB F! that night, so being near IASW for the fireworks projections might help me make a quicker exit to get to ROA.

Thanks for the feedback. I've never seen Halloween Screams, and I only have one night to see it on this trip. I'd love to be in front of the castle, but I'm vertically challenged and have found in the past that if everyone is standing with their phones raised above their heads, I can't see a thing. I do have the plaza inn package reserved, but I'm skeptical of the view, so I'm waiting on feedback on that. I do also have 2nd show HB F! that night, so being near IASW for the fireworks projections might help me make a quicker exit to get to ROA.

Go through Galaxy’s Edge to get to the HB viewing area. We didn’t, and the walkways in Frontierland leading into the New Orleans Square area were impossible. Frighteningly, squeezingly crowded with nowhere to be able to get through.

Go through Galaxy’s Edge to get to the HB viewing area. We didn’t, and the walkways in Frontierland leading into the New Orleans Square area were impossible. Frighteningly, squeezingly crowded with nowhere to be able to get through.
That's a great tip, I'll plan on it. Years ago, we were watching the fireworks near big thunder, and I dropped my wallet on the ground (without knowing it) while I was pulling something else out of my backpack. I didn't realize the wallet was gone until we were at the hub, so we had to swim upstream through the spine-crushing exit crowd, completely panicked, back to big thunder. Happy ending, I found the wallet, but I learned that I don't ever want to be going against the crowd.

Since the fireworks and the Main Street Electrical Parade returned on the same date in April, it's hard to predict what demand will be like for this spot now that the parade is gone but I agree with others that it's probably easier to get a last-minute spot there than other places.

And I definitely agree with the advice to go through Galaxy's Edge to get to Fantasmic after fireworks. We did this exact thing in July (we were lucky enough to get pulled into the VIP seating area for the parade and fireworks right across from IASW) and it was so empty and pleasant, plus I just love Galaxy's Edge at night.

Since the fireworks and the Main Street Electrical Parade returned on the same date in April, it's hard to predict what demand will be like for this spot now that the parade is gone but I agree with others that it's probably easier to get a last-minute spot there than other places.
That's the thing, I don't think I've ever tried to hold a fireworks spot without seeing a parade first. The only time I've had a close castle view was after PTN, when you could stand by the Tiki bar, and wait for the CM's to rearrange ropes once the parade was over, and quickly slide under a rope.

That's the thing, I don't think I've ever tried to hold a fireworks spot without seeing a parade first. The only time I've had a close castle view was after PTN, when you could stand by the Tiki bar, and wait for the CM's to rearrange ropes once the parade was over, and quickly slide under a rope.
To be honest, I think you'd even be fine standing in the street, so I wouldn't stress too much about it. Here's what our view looked like from the reserved seating area after the MSEP-- we had people standing in front of us in the street and still had a good view of all the aerial fireworks and the projections: 1662667027321.png

I'm no expert, but it could depend if there is a parade right before, in which case you need to be in position well before the parade. Seems that people were lining up for the best viewing spots for parades and fireworks on main street at least an hour in advance. Will also depend on how crowded the park is the day you are going. Definitely more people watching from IASW than in the past.

I've done this quite a few times and there actually is a small chance they close off the area you are talking about. But usually it's allowed and not hard to get a spot. Even when they had the parade, a lot of people didn't stay around for fireworks but depending on which night you are trying to see Halloween Screams, your results may vary. Opening weekend and the last couple weeks of October are usually the worst.

Have you considered switching your Hungry Bear reservation to 1st Fantasmic and just staying there for Halloween Screams? Seems much simpler to me.

Have you considered switching your Hungry Bear reservation to 1st Fantasmic and just staying there for Halloween Screams? Seems much simpler to me.
I've definitely considered it, I've seen the fireworks from ROA many times, I just don't find the projections all that impressive. Given that screams is so projection heavy, I was hoping for a better view. It's just my teen daughter and me this time, so hopefully we can be nimble and go find a fireworks spot shortly after our 7pm HB reservation. Or even better, maybe they'll cut down all the shrubs in front of Plaza Inn, so the fireworks package will be worth it:). I kid, everyone, I love Plaza Inn just the way it is.

I've definitely considered it, I've seen the fireworks from ROA many times, I just don't find the projections all that impressive. Given that screams is so projection heavy, I was hoping for a better view. It's just my teen daughter and me this time, so hopefully we can be nimble and go find a fireworks spot shortly after our 7pm HB reservation. Or even better, maybe they'll cut down all the shrubs in front of Plaza Inn, so the fireworks package will be worth it:). I kid, everyone, I love Plaza Inn just the way it is.

The Small World projections are at an awkward angle for the fireworks. If I were in your situation, I'd just bring the Hungry Bear food to eat at the hub while waiting for Halloween Screams. But I am probably taller than you so a couple rows back are still OK for me.

The Small World projections are at an awkward angle for the fireworks. If I were in your situation, I'd just bring the Hungry Bear food to eat at the hub while waiting for Halloween Screams. But I am probably taller than you so a couple rows back are still OK for me.
This is our plan. Our reservation for hungry bear is 730 but we plan on getting our food and taking it somewhere close to the hub and claiming our firework seat. And then heading to check in for Fantasmic after the fireworks. I’m assuming we’ll have enough time to make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter