Firs time in the forum, need to understand about points ...

minniemosa

Mouseketeer
I am planninig our trip for MAY 2002 to Disney and we want to stay in a Disney Villa. We are five adults and four kids. I do not understand this points issue, so I will be very glad to hear from any of you who wants to explain me or maybe refer me to a site where I can learn about this, because I want to verify this option for us.We are planning to stay six nights from last week of May. Thanks;)

If you haven't already, read the FAQ thread provided by Doc. You can find it at the top of the thread list. It's usually the first or second thread listed.

DVC is Disney Vacation Club, it is a timeshare which works differently than most timeshares you may be familiar with.

First of all there are 5 DVC resorts and one more being built, 3 of them are currently inside WDW (OKW,Boardwalk and Villas at Wilderness lodge) there is also one in Vero Beach, Florida and one in Hilton Head South Carolina, they are also building another inside WDW at the Beach Club.

The way it works is that you purchase a contract and a number of points you want to purchase (150 is the minmum), you then use your points on each stay and the number of points for each night varies depending on the season and the size of the unit you want to stay in, you are not locked into a certain week like other timeshares.

You can also bank and borrow points so if you don't use all your points this year, they can be banked into the next or you can borrow some if you need more.

The points you recieve are replenished each year on the anniversary called a use year.
You wil continue to get new points every year until the year 2042 when the program ends.

Right now to buy in, it will cost you $72 a point, but will be going up next week to $75 a point,or you can buy a resale.

The only home resorts where Disney is selling points is at Vero Beach, Hilton Head and Wilderness Lodge, OKW and Boardwalk are sold out.

If you are looking to RENT some points from someone, there are people who rent points for a stay for $10 a point.

If you are interested in purchasing, you can e-mail me and I'll be glad to tell you more.

For 9 people you would have to stay in a Grand Villa or in multiple units unless one of the kids is under 3 since the occupancy rules are as follows:

Studio- 4 people
1 Bedroom- 4 people plus you can have one child under 3
2 Bedroom- 8 people plus you can have one child under 3
Grandvilla- 12 people

You can also contact Disney directly and book just like booking any other hotel room on-site, if they have availabililty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter