First adult trip. Where to eat?

tfiga

Mouseketeer
My boys are now 20 and 18 and my husband and I are going on our first adult trip. We have the standard dining plan and are looking for suggestions on where to eat. We are trying to avoid both character meals. We have four meals to pick. We are already planning on Rose and Crown and Skippers Canteen. We are happy to use two credits if the meal is worth it. Any suggestions?

TIA

In a park or at a resort? What type of food do ya'll like?

If you are thinking in a park at AK we like Tiffins. We don't do the Dining Plan so I'm not sure how many credits it takes.

At HS we like Hollywood Brown Derby, again not sure if its one credit or two.

In regards to types of food, we both love spicy food. When eating at home I usually order fish and my husband orders steak. My husband just told me if I want we can upgrade to deluxe dining, so that is also an option. We plan to pack light so we do not want to eat anywhere that would require any attire more than polo and khakis for him and a sundress for me.

In regards to types of food, we both love spicy food. When eating at home I usually order fish and my husband orders steak. My husband just told me if I want we can upgrade to deluxe dining, so that is also an option. We plan to pack light so we do not want to eat anywhere that would require any attire more than polo and khakis for him and a sundress for me.

You can wear park clothes anywhere in any of the parks, even signature restaurants. There really isn't anywhere other than Victoria and Alberts that you can't wear Polo pants for men and a sundress for women.

Outside of the parks - California Grill at CR is good food and good service. Kind of noisy around fireworks time but otherwise great place. Just about all the restaurants at the Dolphin are good but I don't think they are on the dining plan. We love Marakeesh in Morocco.

Flying Fish, Jiko, and Le Celliar.

The first two are typically well regarded and the last option is hit or miss depending on who you ask.

I know others will say California Grill as well.

Lots of great options and if you want a weird one you could try Biergarten as its a good buffet, with music and good atmosphere. Might be a good stop if you are doing a drink around the world evening.

I rate Skipper's Jungle Canteen for adults. Good food and always nice to have an air-conditioned sit down in the middle of a Magic Kingdom day

before upgrading to dxdp, just how much time do you want to spend eating?

any signature (other than le cellier) will be an excellent choice. Each has their own specialty and decor.

garden grill is my favorite character breakfast. It is served family style, aycte and has the best cinnamon bun. The location is unique w a very slowly revolving restaurant. A ppo adr will also position You well for soaring

Boma is my favorite buffet. I’m not a huge fan of buffets, but Boma just has so many unique options. Plus the resort and animal viewing make for such a lovely night

DS has a plethora of options. From upscale qs (Wolfgang puck) to signature non-disney owned restaurants you can get anything!

have you looked through any menus?

Spice Road Table is great if you love spicy food. The hummus fries are basically the same as the festival booth version but with different sauce.

I am a steak girl, so my faves are Cali Grill for the filet (I get plain old mashed and green beans for my sides - yummy!) and the view, or the prime rib at Turf Club for a relaxing meal away from the bustle of the parks or Disney Springs.

I think Tiffins could be a great choice. Interesting menu and it’s in Animal Kingdom so if you’re going to that park it won’t take time out of your day to get to. It is signature so would be two credits. Otherwise Yak and Yeti, also in Animal Kingdom, is one table service credit and can be quite good.

Outside of the parks Flying Fish would be a great choice considering fish and steak are both things you mentioned your family liking. They are known for having a great steak despite being a seafood restaurant. It is 2 table service credits as it is a signature restaurant. It’s also not far from Epcot so you could walk there from the park.

If you want signature meals, I woudl cost out the meals vs the cost of the DxDDP and go from there.

We really like Flying Fish, California Grill and Narcoossees. WE all also enjoyed out meal at Le Cellier, and I had already planned to hate it becuase of the last time we dined there. Nice surprise!

In park TS breakfasts are great way to get started, and if you have the DxDDP I would consider beginning the day with PPO meals. The Plaza was a favorite breakfast and got us in a nice position for Tomorrowland, just where we wanted to be. Garden Grill was a good breakfast as well and we were in place for Soarin.

If you want 1 credit Dining and want to stick to your original plan, we enjoy Tratorria Al Forno. The steak is good. We also like Skippers for a good park meal.

Skipper Canteen is a brilliant pick for more adventurous eaters, the atmosphere is amazing. I was very impressed by the food at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the food was quite spicy and tasted INCREDIBLE. A quick service that offers spicier/flavorful food is Satuli Canteen in Animal Kingdom. The food feels fresh and is very good (and not hard on the wallet too).

When DH and I did an adult only trip, we were so surprised by our meal at the Wave. It was the best meal of the trip. I would highly recommended it!

Thanks for all the responses. We decided to get the deluxe dining plan and that will allow us to try three places a day.

Thanks for all the responses. We decided to get the deluxe dining plan and that will allow us to try three places a day.

Wow, that's going to be a LOT of food and a lot of time spent dining. Think about an early lunch at a 1 TS (or a breakfast) and then dinner at a signature (2 TS).

We have four meals to pick. We are already planning on Rose and Crown and Skippers Canteen. We are happy to use two credits if the meal is worth it. Any suggestions?
TIA
Would definitely do one signature meal if you can, either Cali Grill or Yachtsman. Use your snack credits for breakfast (there are guides published to get max food per credit).

Jiko & California Grill would be great choices. I like Le Cellier, too (although it seems its polarizing on here).

Perhaps consider Be Our Guest dinner too. Even though the Beast is in there, its not a character meal. The West Wing (Rose Room) has a cool atmosphere.

One of our favorite meals was Chef Art Smith Homecoming. Also we really enjoyed the Edison. Both are at Disney Springs. We go on an adults trip every other year and try to avoid the character meals and buffets as well.

The Boathouse at DS is one of go-tos. They have an extensive menu with really good fish/seafood and steak options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter