First and second buses to DHS?

Rach3975

DIS Veteran
So I've read several places here that the first bus leaves the resorts around 6:30, but I don't know if that's accurate for all resorts and parks. I'm specifically asking about buses from POFQ to DHS. We'll be there Tuesday, 11/5 with a 9 am opening. Is 6:30 a reasonable estimate for the first bus? How about the next one? I don't need to be at DHS as early as a 6:30 bus would get me there, but if the second bus is an hour later we'll just have to wake up early enough for the first. Do you think there will be long bus lines for these early buses once EEMH ends? Thanks!

On average, Disney buses run every 20 minutes from all Walt Disney World Resorts, although wait times can vary. If you figure about every 30 minutes you should be safe. You can always hop on an Lyft/Uber and head over too.

The first few buses of the morning are not as closely spaced as mid-day, unless they are crowded.

In addition it is possible for the first bus to come and go a little before 6:30.

Honestly, I find no rhyme or reason to the buses. They may or may not be there at 6:30am. They could come at 6:20am or 6:45am. The next one could come in five minutes or 50 minutes.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of the buses? lol

Just start watching the MDE app in the morning from your room while you're getting ready. You'll be able to see the pattern for next arrival & be able to plan your arrival at the stop. Its not perfect, but way better than it used to be. And if you have a chance to look the morning before, you'll be able to see up to date current practices.

Just start watching the MDE app in the morning from your room while you're getting ready. You'll be able to see the pattern for next arrival & be able to plan your arrival at the stop. Its not perfect, but way better than it used to be. And if you have a chance to look the morning before, you'll be able to see up to date current practices.

Can you see bus arrivals on the MDE aop? have a trip coming up soon. this would be helpful.

So I've read several places here that the first bus leaves the resorts around 6:30, but I don't know if that's accurate for all resorts and parks. I'm specifically asking about buses from POFQ to DHS. We'll be there Tuesday, 11/5 with a 9 am opening. Is 6:30 a reasonable estimate for the first bus? How about the next one? I don't need to be at DHS as early as a 6:30 bus would get me there, but if the second bus is an hour later we'll just have to wake up early enough for the first. Do you think there will be long bus lines for these early buses once EEMH ends? Thanks!

from my experience the buses start running around 6:30 am and should have guests to park by 7am. it is usually used by people who have Pre park opening reservations around 8 am. we used it to magic kingdom for an 8 an CP ressie.back in 2009. we were first family to arrive. buses should run every 30 minutes after that.

Can you see bus arrivals on the MDE aop? have a trip coming up soon. this would be helpful.

Yes, but you do have to be checked in & on an active stay, so you won't see it until check in day.

Here's where:
Open app & be signed in to your account
Click on menu (mine is three hash lines in bottom right corner of screen)
Then click on 'resort hotel'
Then another menu will open where you can click on 'bus times'

It will only show buses FROM your resort. Not buses from another resort you might be visiting & not bus times from park TO resort.

Yes, but you do have to be checked in & on an active stay, so you won't see it until check in day.

Here's where:
Open app & be signed in to your account
Click on menu (mine is three hash lines in bottom right corner of screen)
Then click on 'resort hotel'
Then another menu will open where you can click on 'bus times'

It will only show buses FROM your resort. Not buses from another resort you might be visiting & not bus times from park TO resort.

thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter