• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Attempt at a Restaurant Review (part 2)

vsimeone

<font color=deeppink>I am the Queen Thread Killer
Day 5 (12/27) Today we ate an early lunch at Flame Tree BBQ at AK. GREAT food for a counter service restaurant! We got 3 meal plus coupons and got two rib dinners and I had the BBQ pork sandwich. All was very good including the baked beans (maybe a bit sweet for my personal taste) and the corn on the cob. For some reason the drinks are HUGE here. We used our coupons to get bottled water to throw in our bags and got popcorn to take with us to wait for the bus to EPCOT.

At EPCOT, we had PSes for the Ice Cream Social at the Land for 3:10. We checked in early (about 3pm) but there was some mix up here and we didn't get seated until after 3:30. It actually worked out ok though because there were only a couple other people left by then so we got some great character interaction. Chip stole DD's sunglasses and tried to wear them, Pluto kept trying to lick my mom's ice cream, and when I got up to take pictures, Dale sat in my seat and started eating MY ice cream! This is another event that I would have NEVER known about if I hadn't started reading these boards and it is a true winner! I'm sorry to hear that this event won't be taking place while the land is closed because for the price, you can't beat the ice cream and character interaction!

Later that night, we had reservations for the 9:30pm Hoop Dee Doo Review. We have been several times but somehow my kids had never been to the show. While the food is just mediocre, it is such a fun show. My DS just thought the corny jokes were hilarious and it was great just to see him having so much fun!

Day 6 (12/28) This was the one breakfast that we ate outside of the room. We met a friend at Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD for breakfast. The cornflake french toast was wonderful! DH got a breakfast pocket thing that he really enjoyed too. After breakfast we headed to DQ - my DS's favorite thing to do in all of WDW!

While at DQ, we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory Express inside. DH and I shared a Pannini Sandwich and some garlic rolls with marinara sauce. The kids (4 with friend's niece and nephew) all got a large pizza and huge piece of chocolate cake and really enjoyed that. Since lunch was so late, we ended up skipping dinner.

Day 7 (12/29) Today we went to MK for a bit in the morning. Got to have my Dole Whip fix - pinapple float with vanilla and pinapple twist ice cream - YUM! The sun came out and we thought it was going to be warm so we headed back to POP to swim but it clouded up and got cool again. We ended up doing some laundry and taking pictures around the hotel. Kids and DH snacked at the POP food court.

I definately flunked dinner this night. We wanted to watch the Alamo Bowl (Ohio State fans) but I was afraid of trying to get in ESPN Club because of it being such a busy time of year. So, I made 8pm PSes for All Star Cafe at the Wide World of Sports Complex. I should have known when I called Disney Dining and the CM said "I've never had a request for PSes for there before." Now I know why! The food here was HORRIBLE and EXPENSIVE for what you got. I had a cup of tomato florentine soup which wasn't that bad but it was $4.99 and was only half full. Dad got the spinach and artichoke dip which tasted like chalk dust. I was going to split it with him but it was BAD so I asked for some chili and cheese fries. These were just ok but no offer to take the dip off our bill or anything like that. We paid for it and left it uneaten. And what is with them closing at 9pm??? There was a huge soccer tournament going on and the fields were all full - not to mention the bowl game and the SPORTS restaurant closes at 9??? Next time I'll just take my chances with ESPN Club.

Day 8 (12/30) We took the kids to Blizzard Beach today. Kids and DH had a snack a the counter service there. Not positive what they ate but I think it was fine.

This was the day that I wrote a previous post about that we had no plans for dinner but were really hungry. After a trip to guest services at POP we found out there was no seating anywhere until after 9:30. When it was about 5:45 and we still hadn't made a decision about dinner, I called WDW dining from the room and somehow snagged a 6:50 PS for 'Ohana. My parents joined us and it was a wonderful meal! The waiter caught on that DD really liked the shrimp and just PILED them on her plate - but she ate every one! We had a great view of the castle and watched the 8:30 Wishes show with the music being piped into the restaurant.

Day 9 (12/31) Spent the day at MK. Got another Dole Whip fix and snacked on turkey legs again. We had 4:05 PSes for LTT so we didn't really eat a lunch. LTT was wonderful!!! I really enjoyed the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. The apple cobbler was good too and the kids got a lot of interaction with the characters here. Really a nice way to spend some quiet time on this really hectic, crowded day at the park!

That's the end! We left the next day to come home and I already miss it (especially someone else doing the cooking!) Can't wait to go back but it may be 1 1/2 years from now. Hope these reviews help someone else in their meal planning and best of luck in deciding among all the great places to eat!!!

Thanks for your reviews! Yes, I heard that All Star Cafe went down the tubes after a bunch of athletes that had stock in it pulled out. Guess they knew the place wasn't going to work.

Your reviews were great. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Great reviews! I think you made up for flunking the one dinner with all the others, especially the last minute PS for Ohana. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter