• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Bus Time? POP

tink2

DIS Veteran
What time are the first buses to the parks running right now?
I know in the past it has been an hour before official park opening, and during busier times - sometimes earlier than that.
I have read reports of the parks opening 45min- hour early lately-
My daughter and friend will be at Pop this week and only one day at MK- so they want to make sure they get the first bus.

TIA :)

As you've mentioned, most times it's approx 45-60 mins before park opening. That being said, it's recommended to arrive at the Pop bus stop approx. 90 mins prior to park opening if you hope to get on the first bus to leave for the park as people begin to line up then.

And reminder that Pop only has buses to MK, DAK, and DS. It’s Skyliner only for EP and DHS. Although AoA does have buses to EP and DHS, so that can be used as an alternative.

Parks are unofficially opening earlier than the posted opening time. For example, MK posted opening time was 9am but we arrived at 8:40 and were definitely not the first people in the park - I assumed the gates opened at 8:15-8:20ish. However, buses are running 45-60 mins before the *posted* opening time. By the time you arrive via bus, the gates will be open.

I would echo PP's recommendation of getting to the bus stop early. Our experience was that a big line/crowd forms with people wanting to make sure they are on the first bus of the day. We avoided this by taking Uber when going in the morning.

Last edited:

The line can be really long so get there early.
The parks open up to an hour before the posted time so we took an uber it was way worth it.

We were at Pop last week. MK opened at 8am the day we were there. We were in line for the bus at about 6:15. We just barely made the first bus that came at 6:45. I would say at that point there was a good 5-6 busses worth of people behind us. We were one of the first ones in the park and on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train by 7:30. This was of course on a full capacity day - but I would say definitely be at the bus stop no later than 90 minutes before official park opening.

Update for those staying at Pop soon.
DD and friend are at MK today, January 7, staying at Pop. After seeing lines for buses last night- they decided to get to the bus stop earlier than planned this morning. They got there at 6:05am for 8am posted MK opening. They were the 3rd group in line at that time and said by 6:30- there had to be several bus fulls of people in line- she sent video at 6:55 and there were so many people waiting at the bus stop it was crazy.
The first bus did not arrive until 7:10- but they were on Main Street by 7:35. The rides were running when they got there but they were still ahead of the crowds and did Fantasyland with no waits- waited less than 5 minutes for SDMT.
Thought I would update for anyone staying at Pop soon- it pays to get in line very very early for the morning bus.72149209-2945-45F7-8325-A154F9E4C324.jpeg

Update for those staying at Pop soon.
DD and friend are at MK today, January 7, staying at Pop. After seeing lines for buses last night- they decided to get to the bus stop earlier than planned this morning. They got there at 6:05am for 8am posted MK opening. They were the 3rd group in line at that time and said by 6:30- there had to be several bus fulls of people in line- she sent video at 6:55 and there were so many people waiting at the bus stop it was crazy.
The first bus did not arrive until 7:10- but they were on Main Street by 7:35. The rides were running when they got there but they were still ahead of the crowds and did Fantasyland with no waits- waited less than 5 minutes for SDMT.
Thought I would update for anyone staying at Pop soon- it pays to get in line very very early for the morning bus.
This is not directed at you, Tink - I know this is the preferred way for many, but I am not a fan of the early morning bus waiting. There is a flipside to this. Essentially, rather than waiting 45 mins in line at SDMT, you're waiting 75 mins at the bus stop. Yes, you're not wasting park time at the bus stop, but its still a lot especially if there is inclement weather or antsy kids. In the current environment, having a rental car or utilizing ride share (or even a taxi) is really the best option for your sleep, sanity, legs, mental health, etc etc.

We took Ubers at park opening for MK and AK and it was the best decision we made during our trip. For MK, we called the Uber at 7:47am according to my receipt, we waited 15-20 mins at TTC with a group of maybe 50 other families, and made it to Main Street by 8:40ish with a 9am posted opening. For AK, we called the Uber at 8:15am for a 9am opening because we weren't sure what time the lot opened. We were in the park by 8:55am and waited 35 mins for FOP. That may not be as quick if we had gotten there earlier, but I was good with that and we still got everything done.

This is not directed at you, Tink - I know this is the preferred way for many, but I am not a fan of the early morning bus waiting. There is a flipside to this. Essentially, rather than waiting 45 mins in line at SDMT, you're waiting 75 mins at the bus stop. Yes, you're not wasting park time at the bus stop, but its still a lot especially if there is inclement weather or antsy kids. In the current environment, having a rental car or utilizing ride share (or even a taxi) is really the best option for your sleep, sanity, legs, mental health, etc etc.

We took Ubers at park opening for MK and AK and it was the best decision we made during our trip. For MK, we called the Uber at 7:47am according to my receipt, we waited 15-20 mins at TTC with a group of maybe 50 other families, and made it to Main Street by 8:40ish with a 9am posted opening. For AK, we called the Uber at 8:15am for a 9am opening because we weren't sure what time the lot opened. We were in the park by 8:55am and waited 35 mins for FOP. That may not be as quick if we had gotten there earlier, but I was good with that and we still got everything done.

Yep- the thought of Uber definitely crossed their mind and was a decision for them. She and her friend are only there for one park day though- so they went with what they knew and were comfortable with- and were afraid of being held up at TTC. Right now, Uber is a good option too for sure! Especially if you are there a week- would save some sleep! lol

Yep- the thought of Uber definitely crossed their mind and was a decision for them. She and her friend are only there for one park day though- so they went with what they knew and were comfortable with- and were afraid of being held up at TTC. Right now, Uber is a good option too for sure! Especially if you are there a week- would save some sleep! lol
For sure, people should always do what they're comfortable with. Just wanted to play devil's advocate, since I know waiting at the bus stop for 60+ minutes sounds like a nightmare for a lot of people (myself included). I don't normally use Uber while at WDW and always try to rely on WDW transportation, but with the way the buses currently are at limited capacity, Uber was a must for us this trip. Something for others to consider!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter