First Ca trip. Need Help

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
When do the 2006 rates come out for Disneyland? We don't think we want to stay on property because we want to tour other places while we are there too. How are the off property hotels? I am having a little trouble getting started on my trip planning. We won't be going until next summer, but I am a planning freak so I want to get started now. Can anyone start me off in a good direction? :confused3

Mousesavers.com. Their newsletter will keep you updated on any sales, special offers, etc.

Many of the off site hotels are as close as the Disney hotels. Are you wanting to stay in the area so you can get to the parks easily, split your time, or stay elsewhere and commute in? A good source would be the Anaheim/Orange Country Visitors Bureau...I think that's what they go by. Just search for Anaheim/Orange county and the word tourist and their website will come up. They can send you a book that will let you compare what the various hotels have to offer. We stayed at HoJos and loved it!

The book also had coupons for other Southern CA tourist attractions. If you don't have a car, there's one company I know of that offers transportation/ticket packages. www.AnaheimSightseeing.com.

You should also hang out here, at Intercot West, and at LaughingPlace. The "regulars" on the board have a wealth of knowledge to share.

You're so lucky to have almost a year to plan! You should be able to explore all your options before you have to make any decisions!!!

BTW...we stayed at HoJo's and loved it. Watch Mousesavers...had I booked through them in January, our room would only have been $55 a night! I waited a month and ended up paying $10 more a night, which is still much cheaper than what I've paid for rooms in places like St. Louis!

Have fun planning!!!

hotels to the situation in Orlando, don't. It's not at all the same. You'll be in the same area whether you stay on or off site...the big difference is price (and pampering in most cases!)

I'd also strongly suggest investing in the Unofficial Guide. I bought both it and Birnbaum's. Both were very helpful in planning. Of the two, I like the Unofficial Guide better because it takes a more realistic view of vacationing!

Also stayed at HoJos and loved it. Candy Cane Inn also gets good reviews here.

These two hotels also rate 2nd and 3rd on Trip Advisor (just behind the much more expensive Disney Grand Californian)

I live in CA and we go at least once a year. The onsite hotels are not much better other than the magic then the off site hotels.

We stay in a great all suites hotel that has a wonderful breakfast. We can get package deals with park tickets through Getawaytoday. You can also get packages that include the disney hotels through them as well.

If you want any specific info please ask away! You will love it. Not as big as the World but it has its own charm and rides that the world doesn't have! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter