First Cruise October 2020!

_thedisneydiva

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are taking a Disney cruise in October of this year and I am beyond excited! We did one cruise before - Celebrity - and it was... meh.
Anyways, we will be on the ship on Halloween so I had two (and a half) questions.
One, can we dress up in full costumes? Also... ideas for a married couple? I'm not creative enough! :)
Two, do people wear the Minnie ears on the ship?
Thank you!

I'm sure you'll have a great time! We just got back from our first ever cruise and we loved it! As far as ears, I would say not a ton of people were wearing them, but there were definitely some! My daughter wore a pair every night to dinner! :)

Hi! We will also be on the ship on Halloween - our first Halloween cruise so I can't comment on whether or not you can do a full costume/dress up. We've been at Disney World on Halloween and have seen lots of couples - Mickey and Minnie, Jack and Sally, Bacon and Eggs, Inside Out Characters, prince and princess, pirates, etc. But people do wear Minnie ears, pretty much anything Disney, whatever you like! Are you on the Fantasy?

We will be on the Magic! I might tone down the costume idea this trip and be more of an observer and get some ideas ;)

I like to wear ears sometimes, and I always see several others doing the same. (I've even seen them at Palo brunch and dinner, which I wouldn't personally do, but there you are.)

My husband and I are taking a Disney cruise in October of this year and I am beyond excited! We did one cruise before - Celebrity - and it was... meh.
Anyways, we will be on the ship on Halloween so I had two (and a half) questions.
One, can we dress up in full costumes? Also... ideas for a married couple? I'm not creative enough! :)
Two, do people wear the Minnie ears on the ship?
Thank you!

My first DCL cruise was the Magic! I would say try to get a Palo Dinner - you won't regret it. Stem to Stern was a great onboard activity fun that you can sign up. As for Minnie ears, I brought my rose gold ones and wore them.

Have fun!

We did t-shirt theme "halloween" costumes.
My husband wore a peanut butter t shirt and I wore a jelly one, we just wore jeans with them.
My daughter and her husband did Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels t shirts.
We have also just worn Halloween t shirts from the Disney Store.
Lots of Mimmie ears around the ship.

Have fun.

Yes, there are several adult females that wear Minnie/Mickey ears. My adult daughter had a different pair for every day and she was not alone. Secure them well if you are outside. It can get breezy. We have been on multiple HOTHS cruises. The costumes are elaborate and creative. There is a costume contest. One year there were so many Maleficents they had their own category. Couples, I have seen Mary Poppins and Bert, Peter Pan and his shadow, Lady and the Tramp, pretty much every princess with her prince. Costumes do not need to be Disney themed( although most are). My favorite was an elderly couple dressed up as babies in over sized diapers with bonnets and pacifiers. I think they won best couple that year. There was one family that went as Snow White and the dwarfs. I have seen jellyfish made from umbrellas with Nemo and Dory and a chef with a light up hat that had Emile inside. I could go on but, you get the idea. Costumes are a big deal on this cruises. Disney charges a premium for this specialty cruises so get your money's worth. Be sure to go trick or treating when it is offered(it is not just for kids) and don't miss the pumpkin tree event. It is one of my favorites.

Also, I disagree about Palo for a first cruise. I would not want to miss any night in the dining rotation my first cruise. Palo is nice (although over priced IMO). I actually prefer brunch to dinner. But it is just a nice meal you could get anywhere. The dining room is a unique Disney experience every night with a special menu.

Don't miss Palo brunch! I get not doing a dinner the first cruise, but brunch is just so good. SO many options, something for everyone.

Sure you can wear your Mickey/Minnie ears! Just please take them off during shows or movies so not to obstruct other’s views.

And go right ahead for costumes. Just no face masks. I’m not too creative either but I’m sure you’ll come up with something.

I’d say go for Palo brunch if you can get it. Delicious!!

Hope you have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter