First day question

Princess Hooper

Earning My Ears
Going to WDW in March. Plan is to take disney express to hotel, drop off carry-on luggage at hotel and then spend day at Magic Kingdom and then check-in when we get back in the evening. Just wondering if this is reasonable. Check in is at 3pm, but figured that Disney must realize that many people want to hit the ground running and will handle/hold luggage until we get back. Am I correct in assuming this? Can I check in early and then get room and luggage when we return in the evening? Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, your tickets are in card keys for your hotel so I believe your going to need to check in.

Going to WDW in March. Plan is to take disney express to hotel, drop off carry-on luggage at hotel and then spend day at Magic Kingdom and then check-in when we get back in the evening. Just wondering if this is reasonable. Check in is at 3pm, but figured that Disney must realize that many people want to hit the ground running and will handle/hold luggage until we get back. Am I correct in assuming this? Can I check in early and then get room and luggage when we return in the evening? Thanks.

If you do on-line check in the day before you arrive it should take maybe 10 minutes to get your tickets and room if it is ready. If the room is not ready they will keep your luggage until it is.

We always take the first nonstop flight from here to Orlando. We do Magic Express and check in (that is how you get your tickets if you bought a package.) It doesn't take long at all. Sometimes our room has been ready. Sometimes it hasn't been. If it isn't ready they will take your carryons or you could take them to the park.

But we always head to a park or to get something to eat right away. And start our trip!

You can check in starting at 6:00am. If your room is not ready they will give you your KTTW and any package items which will start then. They can text you your room number when the room is available or give you a phone number to call, so you don't have to go back to the Front Desk.

Agreed with everyone else. We always arrive before noon, and our room has always been ready. I don't know if it is because we do online check-in or not, but we have been lucky. I know it is never guaranteed to be ready. Online check-in is super easy, and it makes your check-in fly when you get there. You will need your card if you have a package, like everyone else said, for park tickets, and if you got the dining plan and plan to use your entitlements that day. We usually get all our pins at the desk when we get up there, go to our room since it's always been ready, and then eat before we head to the park. We don't want to get there and suddenly we have to stop to eat.

Deakam is right, they will keep the luggage if the room is not prepared when you arrive, so have no worries!

Good chance that the room will be ready. We've been fortunate that we've never had to wait for a room to be ready. We drop off our stuff in the room and head off to do whatever.

I can start praying that our room is ready when we arrive. It hasn't been, so I am always prepared:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter