First DIS Post, First Family Trip to WDW!!

Sha259

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, or mostly newbies, or whoever moderates this board. :)

I'm Mena, and I am a perpetual planner, so needless to say, I have lurked the DIS boards off and on for years. First I "thought about going to Disney", then "Went to Disney for a day with a friend while in FL", and now I am "Officially planning my first WDW family vacation"!

I'm 32, DH is 31, and we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this year. It's just the two of us in our family currently, and we have had quite a few ups and downs this year, so my darling DH decided that we should take a break and get away, and chose to plan his first trip to Disney this December.:banana:

He's not the best at planning though, so the most that he did was book the flight and hotel. He's leaving it up to me to plan the rest of the trip, which led me to FINALLY registering on the DIS boards.

I know we aren't like the typical planners for WDW in that this trip is fairly last minute. We will be in WDW from Dec 13th to Dec 19th. The last time I went to WDW (2011) I don't remember requiring this amount of forethought!

Anyway, enough rambling. We are super excited to get planning for December, and hopefully I will gain insight for our future trips, while making some friends in the process.

Welcome! When you have a question, feel free to ask. We are a knowledgable and helpful bunch here. :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to gaining lots of WDW knowledge. :cool1:

Welcome!
We had a last minute trip last Thanksgiving week (about a week's notice) and still managed to get dinner reservations for each night and do everything we wanted to do. You still have a few weeks so you will be fine and have a blast!

Hello everyone! Thanks for all the great ideas. Soon approaching my 180 day dinner reservation date. Can't wait to see what we get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter