First Disney Trip!!!

Dianekulka

Earning My Ears
We missed the "book months in advance" memo for Disney. Our daughter is still young (2) but really falling in love with Disney themed things...princesses castles Mickey etc! We decided since I'm on maternity leave with baby #2 we would take our first family vacation to Disney in Dec. I know with Christmas it's crazy but I know it's also be just a little more magical so we are planning to go the week before Christmas to avoid some chaos! I think we will try staying at Art of Animation and I'm finding out how difficult it is to get sit down reservations for lunch and dinner. I was at least hoping to get one princess lunch/dinner be it at Akershus or CRT because I know my daughter would love that most. Otherwise I'm ok with counter service I think. Any tips and suggestions for a late comer to the planning would be helpful

Welcome.

Unfortunately, you hit it on the head. You really are behind in the game. Dining reservations are made 180 days prior to the date you want the reservations and we are way past that. Chances are slim to get CRT or Akershus, they are very popular. You will need to stalk the ADR site from now until your trip to snag one. There are sites that will watch constantly for a cancellation. You need to pay them for that service and they don't reserve for you, they just let you know there is an opening and then you have to go in and grab it, so you still aren't totally guaranteed to get the reservation. It might be worth it for you though, if that's what you really really want for an ADR.

Make sure to make any fastpasses at the 60 day mark. Are you interested in the Anna and Elsa meet and greet? If so, start doing your research and be 100% familiar on how to snag one of those fastpasses.

Are you able to even a room at a resort at this stage in the game? Are you familiar with My Disney Experience and EVERYTHING that is involved with that?

Luckily I grabbed a Akershus lunch reservation! Phew! :)
Ooo Anna and Elsa meet and greet sounds great. Fast passes are 60 days out? That's good to know too!

My sister in law (thank goodness) stepped in to help do some planning because she has been quite a few times. Hopefully that will make it easier. If she can swing going too that'd be nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter