First DVC stay BCV or SSR??

fun2bmomof3

Mouseketeer
Our first DVC stay is this September. We can't decide between BCV or SSR. I called yesterday and they have openings at both resorts for the days we want to go. It's a tough decision. We bought at SSR sight unseen. So it would be neat to check out our home resort, but the draw of SAB for the kids is great too. What do you recommend????

BCV will often be hard to get at the 7 month mark, so I guess I would do that first. That is if it is still available today!

Another vote for BCV. September is still hot and summery, and perfect for taking advantage of SAB. It will put you in the middle of the magic!!!! Save SSR for a cooler weather trip, or for your next trip in hot weather, but BCV is just wonderful!!!!

I reserved BCV for six nights september 15-21. I was told by my dvc rep that our family of 6 could stay in a one bedroom since one of our children is just 1 and we could use an air mattress for another child. The reservation agent said no way we had to go with a two bedroom. Boy am I glad I bought 250 rather than 200 points.

Thanks

Crissy

fun2bmomof3 said:
I reserved BCV for six nights september 15-21. I was told by my dvc rep that our family of 6 could stay in a one bedroom since one of our children is just 1 and we could use an air mattress for another child. The reservation agent said no way we had to go with a two bedroom. Boy am I glad I bought 250 rather than 200 points.

I don't know what sort of relationship you have with your salesperson, but I would suggest sending a letter to DVC management (perhaps addressed right to Jim Lewis) and make them aware of the situation. If you were told that a 1B would accommodate 6 indiviudals, then he/she definitely misrepresented the product to you. That needs to be addressed.

For what it's worth, you'll be much more comfortable in a Two Bedroom.

Another vote for BCV. Once you stay there, you'll be spoiled by the Boardwalk area and how close you are to EPCOT and MGM.

Take BCV while you can definitely. Thats what we did for our September ressie. Very exicted, our second trip home and yet have only come as close as DTD to SSR.

fun2bmomof3 said:

Hmmm...that shouldn't be. Every piece of material from DVC on room capacities has always listed the 1BR as accomodating 4 adults with an additional child under 3. You never should have been told that a 1BR would fit 6.

Brian

Hi,

If it were me I'd go home but BCV is my home so it's a tough choice. I think you'd be happy either way. Pixie dust for your decision!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Ms Sparrow aka Allison

I would probably want to do my "home" first. However, what a lot of posters said about availability at BCV is probably true. If you really want to try BCV, I guess I'd probably do it first. I bet you'll be happy at either place though! :flower:

I stayed at SSR in October and I ended up buying more points there. It's very nice and I know you'll love it there BUT.....I have also stayed at BCV, (leaving in 3 weeks to stay there again) and I would go with BCV for a September trip. It can be very difficult to get a reservation at BCV 7 Months out. Take advantage of it while you can. It books up very quickly and when you stay there you'll see why. It's just such an awesome resort. The pool is great and oh my god, the location!!! You can walk to Epcot and MGM and the boardwalk area is just so nice at night. I hope this helps with your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter