First DVC vacation

Disneylifeforme

Mouseketeer
Hi ya'll

We are getting ready for our 1st DVC vacation Thanksgiving week at AKL K. We have been to Disney 6 times but never as DVC , and have stayed in moderate resorts. I have a few questions
1. Do guest decorate the doors to the room?
2. Is there and internal bus to get from Kidani to Jambo house
3. Do you reserve night vision goggles
4. What types of things do we need to bring -we are staying in Studio

No, guests are not allowed to decorate the doors to their villas.

Yes, there is a shuttle bus that runs from Kidani to Jambo, then you can take regular buses from there.

Do not know about Night Vision goggles, you could call the resort directly and ask them.

The Studio is basically like a normal hotel room. There is not a washer/dryer like in the larger villas and no kitchen. There is a microwave and small dorm size fridge if memory serves me correctly.

Have a great time at Kidani! We stayed there a week in 2011 and it was very nice. The restaurants in the Jambo house are awesome as well.

When we were at Jambo recently, a CM set up a night vision viewing area near the pool each night. They had 4 goggles and depending on the number of guests, they gave out a set of goggles to each family to share. There was never a long line and the experience was really cool. My boys loved it!

Hi ya'll

We are getting ready for our 1st DVC vacation Thanksgiving week at AKL K. We have been to Disney 6 times but never as DVC , and have stayed in moderate resorts. I have a few questions

DVC has asked members not to put any decorations where the general public can see them, like on porches, doors, windows. They request that we not modify the exterior experience for other guests. Plus, if you do any decorating inside the villa, you cannot use tape, tacks or any other product that could damage the finishes. That might include Command strips because they can damage the finishes.

The studio will have a microwave oven, toaster, Mr Coffee-style coffee pot with flat bottom filters (You'll need to provide those once you use the one time use filtered coffee packet you get on each service day). You'll have a few ceramic coffee mugs, a few real glasses, paper bowls, paper plates and plastic flatware.

You'll have a small bottle of dish detergent, paper towels, trash bags. The bathroom will have a single bottle of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. You'll have four bath towels, two hand towels, a tub mat and four face cloths. These will be replaced on day four if you are staying seven nights or less (and your trash will be removed). If you stay eight nights or more, you will get a full cleaning on day four and trash and towel service on day eight.

If you need or want more towels, you can purchase a towel pack for $6 from Housekeeping. Same for more shampoo, soap, etc.

The night vision goggles are kept at the viewing area with the CMs working there. You just share them with other guests.

All buses start at Kidani and go to Jambo before heading to the theme parks. The DTD bus goes to Jambo first, then Kidani and then to DTD. They offer a shuttle van between the two locations as well. But it is just a van, not a full sized bus. And the walk between the two locations takes about ten to fifteen minutes.

what about toilet paper and facial tissue? if we need more can we just ask for those, and if so is it free or we must pay? (just thinking because my 2 DD loveeeeeeeeeeee to use up the kleenexes and toilet paper. :rolleyes1)

how much do they give us? (one box of kleenex and two rolls of toilet paper?)

what about toilet paper and facial tissue? if we need more can we just ask for those, and if so is it free or we must pay? (just thinking because my 2 DD loveeeeeeeeeeee to use up the kleenexes and toilet paper. :rolleyes1)

I believe the do a full leaning on day 4 along with refill the tp & tissues...On day 7 or 8 they don't clean just refill...Or vice versa *( I can't remember ) Someone will chime in. I'm sure to verify.:confused3

Hi ya'll

1st off, congrats on your 1st DVC visit..You will not be disappointed...Make sure you visit Jambo, because there's a ton to do there & eating there as well... As well as the differences in both pools..Kidani - Smaller w/ the longer slide and kids water play area. Jambo LARGER pool, w-shorter slide . MARA quick service at the Jambo is a plus too. Enjoy , because once you stay here it's like being transported to a different place in the world....So peaceful:thumbsup2

If you are staying a week, they will do a trash and towel service on the 4th day. They will replace the toilet paper and kleenex (if needed). We had no problem asking for toilet paper on a day other than our trash and towel day (and there was no charge). I do not know for sure, but I believe anything used to clean the unit on your own (dishwashing soap, trash bags, etc.) can be asked for without a charge (we also got dishwasher soap on the second to our last day without a charge). I think anything to clean you or your stuff (laundry soap, shampoo, hand soap) will be replaced on trash and towel day, but would have to be purchased if you asked for more outside of that. The exception being toilet paper - that you can get when you run out.

I believe the do a full leaning on day 4 along with refill the tp & tissues...On day 7 or 8 they don't clean just refill...Or vice versa *( I can't remember ) Someone will chime in. I'm sure to verify.:confused3

If staying seven nights or less, you get trash removed and towels replaced on day four (day one is check in day). If staying eight nights or more, on day four you get full cleaning and day eight you get trash and towel service.

We are trying to plan a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving. There will be my parents, my husband and I and my two daughters (9 & 5). Any suggestions for best place to stay for the girls? I was thinking AKL.

We are trying to plan a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving. There will be my parents, my husband and I and my two daughters (9 & 5). Any suggestions for best place to stay for the girls? I was thinking AKL.

This late? Anywhere other than a WDW DVC resort. They are pretty much all booked up with waiting lists.

You might find something available at one of the non-DVC resorts for cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter