• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Ever DISUnplugged PodCast Cruise Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
My calculations have Sunday as 181 days until sailing...so I think it depends on when you are planning on dining.

Is anyone planning a gathering for dinner on Saturday?

I'm getting there a little early so my calculations must be right on ;) I'm not sure what I'm doing the pre cruise dining, but we are meeting friends on the post cruise so we have those plans ready. Jikos, 1900 and Le Cellier are the dinner plans. Considering a Wishes cruise, but don't want to over do it on the short 3 day post cruise stay.

My family is just the opposite. We start Christmas next weekend and lasts through mid January. On one side of my family, my grandparents are devout snowbirds and refuse to come back up to the frigid north country unless its an emergency. They make it a habit to leave on opening day of rifle season. Then between the multilpe marriages/divorces in my fairly large immeadiate family, we attend six or seven holidays, brining us through the second/third weekend in the new year.

However, I don't start decorating before my birthday. Its just not right!

When is your birthday?

We are similar, our inlaws leave for Florida soon so we have xmas with them in November. I like to get in the spirit before then and I like to decorate before I have to risk my life in the snow and ice to hang lights.

I'm going to wait and see if the gang has any pre-cruise gatherings in mind before I think about making my own plans.

I'm thinking along the same lines. For one night, I'm not worring about it. Btw Swan/Dolphin and the B'walk area there are plenty of options.

We'll be traveling with my brother and his wife, but they don't know it yet! I am sooooooooooooooo excited for the big Christmas reveal for them! Anyway, they are non-DISers, as of now, but that may change after the holidays are over. If they choose to remain non-DISers, we'll have to gently ease them into the madness.

Anyway, we had considered doing Disney Quest upon arrival into Orlando on that Saturday. But we haven't made definite plans yet. We do know that we won't be going into any parks though...just not in the budget for us on that trip.

I'm waiting to make our final plans on two things: 1. my brother and his wife finding out that they are going with us and 2. if the Podcast team have anything planned for the night before.

If no plans are made, we may stick to the Downtown Disney area for dinner.

We are going to do Disney Quest on Friday or Saturday not sure which yet. Don't tell Kevin, but we have to eat at T-Rex as some point also!! My Kids love the Rainforest even if the food is decent at best.

I will be making ADR's at Jiko and Narcoossee's for after the cruise. I want to leave my arrival day, Saturday, open in case there are any pre cruise events.

We'll be arriving Saturday morning. I'm not sure what our plans are for Saturday night; however, I'm not making any plans until I know the Unplugged Team doesn't have something lined up for the evening prior to the cruise. Just in case.

After the cruise we plan on being at Disney World until Sunday.

When is your birthday?

I am lucky to share my birthday with:
Owen Wilson (actor)
Wilma Mankiller (1st female chief of Cherokee Nation)
Linda Evans (actress)
Alan Shepard, Jr. (US astronaut)
(Louis Daguerre (physicist & inventor)

I have also been told {since I was in elementary school} that it is the day that some obscure mouse character celebrate's his birthday.::MickeyMo

November 18th.

Is anyone staying at either BCV or BWV prior to the cruise??????

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween! It's going to be in the 70s in Chicago most of the week. How odd is that?? I got my tulip bulbs planted this weekend and I'm hoping they don't think to start sprouting with this warm weather! Sheesh!

Pre-cruise, I think I am staying at the Hyatt in the airport. Post, we haven't decided yet. We are going to buy non-expiration 7 day tickets through Orlando Fun Tickets and then I'll have extra days left over for our trip next October. So, that just leaves where we are going to stay in May

Ask Tracy: Can I use Disney Cruise transportation on Sunday even if we arrive Saturday and also, can I send my luggage through with the tags on it on Saturday, even though our cruise doesn't start til Sunday? Will they hold it overnight and then deliver it to the ship on Sunday? We could easily get away with an overnight bag Sat/Sun.

I promised my daughter that I would take her to Chef Mickey's this trip and since my nephew is scared of characters we have to do it the saturday before the cruise since they will be staying near the port that night. I am trying to get it as early as possible that evening so we are available for anything that evening. If I play my cards right I may even convince DH to let me go alone ;)

If my calculations are correct, I can start making ressies for dining around the cruise on Sunday! Whoohooo

Anyone else making ADRs soon? What and where?

My calculations have Sunday as 181 days until sailing...so I think it depends on when you are planning on dining.

Is anyone planning a gathering for dinner on Saturday?

Keep in mind that the dining system is being updated and the only reservations that can be made are for Cinderella's Royal Table, Victoria & Alberts and Chef Mickey's. The rest have to wait until Disney opens up it's new system.

And the date I am calculating for 180 days from May 9 is November 10.

Ask Tracy: Can I use Disney Cruise transportation on Sunday even if we arrive Saturday and also, can I send my luggage through with the tags on it on Saturday, even though our cruise doesn't start til Sunday? Will they hold it overnight and then deliver it to the ship on Sunday? We could easily get away with an overnight bag Sat/Sun.

You can use Disney Cruise Lines transfers on Sunday regardless of when you arrive, but you cannot put your luggage tags on your luggage before leaving home on Saturday (unless you want your luggage to go on an Eastern Caribbean cruise). They may hold it for you but chances are it will get lost.

If my calculations are correct, I can start making ressies for dining around the cruise on Sunday! Whoohooo

Anyone else making ADRs soon? What and where?

Since we are only staying one night before the cruise, I'm not making any ADR in hopes of a pre-cruise meet and greet.

Don't know where we will be May 9, 14 or 15, but after that we are at AKV Kidani for a week :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We're also at the Dolphin for the night before the cruise departs! :cool1:

Don't know where we will be May 9, 14 or 15, but after that we are at AKV Kidani for a week :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

NICE!!

Chris and I were talking this weekend about our other cruise in June and where we should stay. We are already booked at BCV, but I wanted to try some of the other DVC resorts. We decided it's better right now while they are so little to stay at BCV or BWV just for their proximity to the parks. When they are bigger and we don't have to lug around so much stuff (i.e. strollers and such on the bus) we will try the other DVC resorts.

Dang...you guys are killing me...I can't keep up with posting! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter