First family trip starts this weekend - I"m ready for a PANIC ATTACK! HELP!

Joss&Brendan'sMommy

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm Jane. We're going to WDW with our family (me, hub, 3 yo dd, 6 yo ds) and as you know, I'm ready for my panic attack...although I think I'm already somewhat in a state of constant anxiety about all of this trip planning, although I LOVE it! :goodvibes

For all of you regulars or "EXPERTS" as I call you, any advice/thoughts on my tentative plans to this point, would be DELIGHTFUL!

So, here it goes....

Saturday, June 26...we start our drive from PA. Stay overnight at my brother's in VA.

Sunday, June 27th....we drive to Jacksonville, FL to stay the night.

Monday, June 28th....THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE WDW ADVENTURE :yay:
We will wake up very early, drive the 2.5 hours to All Star Sports to get our park tickets (we know we probably won't be able to check in until later in the day) and then head off to MK for the day.

We'd like to see the 3 pm parade before we stop back at our hotel for check-in (officially) to drop off all of our stuff.

Then, we have ADR at T-REX downtown at 6:15. WE'd like to get back to MK for fireworks at 10:00. WHat time do you recommend we get back to MK by in order to be there for fireworks?

Tuesday, June 29th....EPCOT day. We'll be there right at opening. ADR at AKershus with princesses at 10:45. Probably go back to hotel for a mid-afternoon rest....use quick service dining for meals rest of day. No other ADRs. Would like to see Illuminations at EPCOT at 9pm. Again, don't know how early we need to be back to park for fireworks...

Wednesday, June 30th....Animal Kingdom day. This is a day of craziness. We'll get to the park very early (8 am) and spend a good amount of time there. We'll have to check out of AS Sports as we're moving to Nick Resort (some of you will go :eek: ) for the next two nights. Morning food will be remainder of quick service dining.

ADR at 3:30 is Rainforest Cafe Downtown. If we've had enough of AK, we might just hang out DWTN, or spend the rest of our evening hanging out at Nick Resort (cause there's a lot to do there as well).

Thursday, July 1st....ADR (breakfast) with Spongebob at 7:30.
Would like to get to Hollywood Studios early (hopefully ropedrop) to get in line for Jedi Training Academy. Stay at park until about 3 pm....back to hotel for kids to rest...maybe some time at the pool.

ADR at Sci-Fi at HS for 8:40. Would like to 'eat fast' and see Fantasmic at 10:30. If we have to stand, that's ok.

Friday, July 2nd is our last day at the parks. Probably another day at MK. Have to check out of Nick though. Have 'Ohana breakfast ADR at 10:10. Rest of the day is open until we have to start our 2.5 hour drive back to the hotel that we'll stay the night at in Jacksonville...so I don't care if we don't leave until 8 at night or so.

So this, is the tentative plan for our first WDW family trip.
I guess I need help with thinking if my ADRs are do-able with the events I don't want to miss (parade/fireworks)....and with timing of ourselves to get where we need to be so that we don't miss anything (fireworks).

I think I understand FastPass pretty well (wish it worked for Jedi Training) and the PhotoPass thing (need to order ahead).

Any other advice for me?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter