First (kind of) Trip to WDW -Mom (me!) and Toddler- 5/1/23-5/5/23

Oops. 😖 I hit the post reply button by accident. Ok let's go again. Lol

I woke up around 6 and bought genie plus. Then I tried to wake up DD. And then I started to get dressed. Then I tried to wake up DD. Then I made coffee. Then I was like oh sxit it's almost 7. Then I actually for real woke up DD. Got her dressed and in the stroller with a snack and oh sxit again it was like 710 and I forgot to book my first genie plus. (THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME USING GENIE PLUS AND I WAS STRESSED ABOUT IT. I watched a lot of vlogs to try to prepare but still its different when you're actually doing it.) I booked runaway railway for 11amish. That didn't seem too bad but I felt kinda bad I already messed up genie plus. But I brushed it away since it was my first time after all. Now the stroller and backpack was packed up and we were off to the skyliner!

PXL_20230502_112955334.jpg
We waited for maybe 10 minutes. I got a little emotional. DD and I were both going to experience a new park for the first time together. I was just so happy it was finally here. And I was so happy that I have a daughter to share this with and so grateful I'm able to provide this experience for us. I was definitely tearing up a little. And then a family with grown children cut in front of us and I heard them talking about how strollers always take a long time. (They're not in this picture by the way. I took this before the line cutters. I'm sure all these people are lovely.) Normally when I see people be rude it makes me a little upset. But not today! Just too excited.☺️ I was pretty surprised though.

And we did end up taking a long time to get through the turnstile because the CM had to teach us how to do the finger and magic band. 😂

And we were in and the tears were coming again because I just couldn't believe it. DD has been quiet the whole time. I think she was just taking it all in. We made our way to toy story land. I explained swirling saucers vs toy story mania and she chose TSM as our first ride. We were the 3rd group in line.

PXL_20230502_115037841.MP.jpg

While we waited for the ride to open, we both watched slinky dog. DD and I are both prone to nausea. I like Disney coasters but that's my limit. I hate really big coasters. They make me sick during and after. I did not plan try to get her to ride slinky and I wasn't even sure that she was tall enough. But now here we are watching it and she's asking about it and showing interest. So I ask if she wants to go on it and she says yes so I tell her we'll see if she's tall enough and if she is well get a genie for it for later.

But then the ride opened and we were walking! And as we were quickly walking through the queue she's asking the names of everything. And then we're on and we're both so excited and omg I liked this way more than buzz. I liked how the car moved and how the backdrops keep changing and how the gun works. And DD even got some points! She loved it too.

And now off to swirling saucers.

PXL_20230502_121446504.jpg
But first we stopped to look at giant buzz.

This ride was cute but wasn't super special for me. DD liked it though.

PXL_20230502_122252682.jpg

Then we had a potty break (DD was potty trained about a month before the trip and it has been going really well but I was afraid she might have an accident at WDW since it's just so different than regular life. So my plan was just to go to the bathroom a lot.) And I stopped for another coffee and I got a free cinnamon roll! because there were some communication issues and I waited a little long. The cinnamon roll was sooo good and DD even ate some of it. And then we were off to wait for the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet. I wanted to get there a little before they opened since there was no genie for it. We were first in line. DD was very excited about a bird coming within arms reach of her while I enjoyed my coffee. We waited maybe 5 minutes outside and then they opened up the queue and waited about 5 min more.

PXL_20230502_130116652.jpg

It was really so sweet the interaction they had before the picture. It's amazing how somehow every meet we had felt intimate and special and whoever is inside the character makes that happen for hundreds of people. Also btw DD has worn so much Minnie mouse clothes to school one of her nicknames there is Minnie Mouse. (I let DD pick out her clothes....within reason.)

PXL_20230502_130215999.jpg

Just so so sweet. It really melts my heart.

I think it was about 915am at this point. DD requested a bubble wand after seeing some other kids with them so we went towards the entrance where all the gift shops are. She picked the one she wanted and at checkout the CM asked if we were going to use it right away. I thought she was just making small talk but then she cut off all the packaging and added the bubbles for me and even turned it on! DD said something along the lines of I thought bubbles weren't allowed inside. 😂 Just so nice though for the CM to do that.

PXL_20230502_131455382.MP.jpg

Then we just walked around toward the lake area. It's really a beautiful park. I was a little upset I didn't have a plan for after the meet since I thought our LL would be earlier. But then we saw it was almost time for a frozen show so we parked the stroller and went in.

When we were in the seats DD asked why we didn't get a book. 😂 (Because when we went to the plays she liked to look at the playbook.) I tried to explain that shows at WDW were different. I thought the actors were funny and I got emotional when the snow came down. And then we were off to meet Olaf. I really like Olaf. DD liked Olaf but I think I like him more honestly. But while we were in line to meet Olaf DD started talking about how she missed daddy. 😖 This has only ever happened once before in her whole life. Also we had a plan to video chat nightly with daddy and baby brother. She hadn't even wanted to talk to daddy the night before (I left that part out of the trip report oops) just baby brother. But I felt bad. She was really sad. So we called him but he didn't answer. So I texted him the situation but no response before Olaf. And then she was too sad to enjoy Olaf. 😖

PXL_20230502_142236705.MP.jpg

I was still excited to meet him. 😂

It was time for a potty break and to figure out what to do. It was getting hot and she was sad and probably needed an early nap.

I decided we were going to use our LL for railway and then back to the resort for a nap. And then on the way to railway, daddy sent a video message for DD and that made her not sad anymore but still a little cranky. It was definitely nap time. And about 2 hours earlier than her normal nap time but I guess WDW is just more tiring?

Anyway she liked using her magic band to check into that ride. We started calling it kissing mickeys at some point. And then when we got to the preshow she was just mesmerized. I was too. I remember thinking how did they do that? And the ride woah! It definitely felt like high tech how the cars move around. And really truly beautiful. From just a ride (not emotional reasons) this might have been my favorite ride of the trip. DD liked it too.
PXL_20230502_150702884.MP.jpg
Then we were back in the stroller and walking to the skyliner. I mobile ordered some lunch from AOA food court while on the skyliner.

Oh I forgot! After swirling saucers we went to slinky dog to see if DD is tall enough and she barely is so we checked in for railway I got us LL for slinky but the return time was pretty late...like maybe 7pm??? Something like that.

I don't remember what I got for lunch or if DD ate or not before she fell asleep. But I remember she went out pretty fast. And when she woke up, she wanted to go to the pool so off we went! We actually did a lot more rides/meets/attractions in the morning than I expected. During her nap and a little while we were at the pool, I stacked some LL for the afternoon. I don't remember the times exactly but the order was beauty and the beast show, TSM, swirling saucers and slinky dog. I tried to get another LL for railway but I learned I could only do 1 LL for each attraction per day. Next time I'll probably rope drop railway instead knowing this.
PXL_20230502_192204496.jpg

The pool was a very nice break from the heat. I didn't expect it to be so hot in early May. And I think DD would live in the pool if she could.

Then we showered, got dressed and back in the stroller for HS round 2! We had beauty and the beast LL for the last show of the day. We were pretty excited for this one.

PXL_20230502_204334606.MP.jpg
We got really good seats with the LL and only arrived about 10 min early. I thought this show was great! The songs are the best part of most of the Disney movies (IMO) and I thought they did a good job of telling the whole story with only songs. DD watched very intently. And then when the show was over a CM came out into the audience with a rose for DD!!!!! And she told DD that the rose was from Belle!!!!!!! So so so heart melting. Like I really couldn't believe it. DD felt so special.

PXL_20230502_212702195.jpg

Then we decided to go check out the cars show. It was ok. I don't think either of us were that into it but the air conditioning was nice. And then we were both a little hungry so .... Ice cream! I think it we got it from Fairfax. (Side note: I'm from LA and I actually really enjoyed seeing all the Disney versions of stuff from home. And I got to tell DD about where mommy is from all day.) I ordered mine in a cone and then DD asked if she could have a cone instead of a cup too (for the first time ever, it's always exciting when she wants to try a new food.) Drum roll 🥁.......

PXL_20230502_221433930.PORTRAIT.jpg

So she liked eating the ice cream out of the cone but not the cone itself 😂

Then as we were walking towards the muppets I saw there was a bar....like outside. So I asked if I ordered a drink if I was allowed to walk around with it. And they were like oh yeah and then they asked if it was my first time at HS😂 I got one of the specials and daxn they gave me a very friendly pour cuz I definitely felt my one drink.

PXL_20230502_225557540.jpg
I finished it on the way to the muppets.

PXL_20230502_230228571.jpg

Very funny. I'd seen it before...I think at California Adventure? But I didn't remember it. DD thought it was funny too. I think it was her first 3D movie also.

And then she just played in the fountain area a little. It was finally cooling off outside.

PXL_20230502_225851054.jpg

I placed a mobile order at Woody's lunch box for the BBQ brisket sandwich. This was the one food item I wanted to try at HS after watching vlogs. And it was good!

PXL_20230502_233658403.jpg

DD had some tots. And then it was time for another round of TSM and swirling saucers!

PXL_20230502_235838938.MP.jpg

PXL_20230503_000330360.jpg

PXL_20230503_000855185.jpg

Not too bad for some beginners! DD said TSM was her favorite ride.

Swirling saucers was fun. Both TSM and swirling saucers were complete walk ons btw.

And now it was time for slinky! I was optimistic that she would like it but I knew there was a good chance she wouldn't like it. Also I had never been on it before so I didn't really know how intense it would be.

Well....she didn't like it. 🤣 As soon as we got off DD said her tummy hurt and asked if it was ok if we never went on it again. ....I'll probably try to get her to try again once little brother is also tall enough to try. I have no idea what kind of amusement park guy he's going to be but I know hell like all the snacks. 😂

By this point it was a little late and she wasn't feeling any more rides so it was souvenir time. I told her she could pick one toy and one lovey (stuffed animal). Earlier in the day, she saw the slinky dog toy after TSM and wanted it but told her she had to wait. So she got that (kind of funny that she wanted it even though she didn't like the ride) and then a little bendable stitch lovey. I think she picked stitch because I was wearing a stitch shirt that day.

Also at some point in the day we tried some pin trading in a gift shop for the first time. I had ordered a mystery bag from Amazon and took that with us. It was cute. She gave her favorite pin away and didn't understand she was supposed to take a pin in trade. I think she was trying to make the CM happy. Also at some point in the day we pressed a penny. I loved pressing pennies when I was a kid. She liked it too.

PXL_20230502_223746815.MP.jpg

Overall this was a great day. I loved HS. We had a better day here than MK. I never felt too crowded and I really liked the aesthetic of everything. I think taking a pool break also really refreshed us. It was also kind of nice that I didn't feel like there were a lot of rides/meets/shows to "accomplish". I know that's a bad mindset especially with a toddler but it's hard not to fall into it when you know it's going to be at least a year before you can come back. I didn't go into star wars land on purpose because my ex (her dad) was really into star wars and I was afraid it'd make me sad. Genie plus was only worth it for railway and slinky but it did give me peace of mind and since I don't plan to go to WDW all the time and it's hard to wait in line with littles I'll probably buy it every time. Having skyliner access to HS made it so so easy to go back to the resort midday because I was able to keep her tired butt in the stroller and just push her on. I wish all the parks were connected to the skyliner!

We were able to watch the fireworks on the skyliner on the way back! We both just passed out once we were back in the room.

Amazing day. ☺️

Absolutely sounds amazing. So glad the day worked out for you both. The rose from Belle was also a really special experience for her. :tink: Great report!

Day 3! Resort Day!

I know I didn't set an alarm but I can't really sleep in anyway. After we woke up, we strolled over to the food court. I really wanted to try a mickey waffle. Id never had one before and all the vlogs really hype them up. I was actually starving for breakfast so I really got a lot and then found us a table in the corner.

PXL_20230503_115019537.jpg

Well the waffles are actually worth the hype. It's a texture thing I think. They are the perfect amount of crispy and soft. DD didn't eat per usual. She colored and then we played a card game I had brought with us that is kind of like I Spy.

After I stuffed myself, DD wanted to go to the pool of course but it wasnt open yet so we went to the finding Nemo playground. And then my DD asked if the other resorts also had playgrounds. I knew CB had a playground from vlogs so off we went again on the skyliner! (I loved this idea of hers to playground hop because I really really like looking at hotels. On YouTube but in person is even better and this way she was doing what she liked and I got to do what I like.)

After we got off the skyliner and I read a couple signs we were off. But then there was a beach on the way...so we stopped. It's really a nice resort to walk around.

PXL_20230503_131140349.jpg

Here is DD burying her stitch lovey in the sand. It was hard to let her be a kid and make her brand new $20 lovey all dirty but I kept it in and let the dirty fun continue.

Then we kept walking until we made it to the playground. Again just so peaceful with all the tropical trees and water and in no rush to do anything and just enjoying my coffee and watching DD play.

PXL_20230503_132931200.MP.jpg

She kept throwing stitch different places and then retrieving him. Or she would "help stitch play" like by having him climb on stuff or go down the slide. Honestly this is probably how stitch is meant to live.

Then we slowly made our way towards the lobby.

PXL_20230503_134106730.jpg

DD thought the pool area looked really fun. She wanted to go on the slide. The restaurants at this resort looked really good too. We went inside the lobby for a potty break and to look around. I liked the vibe a lot and I don't know if it's just me but I thought it smelled really good. Then we looked around the gift shop. I started to think about what I wanted and DD and I discussed what we should get for baby brother. Then DD said she was hungry and picked out some mickey goldfish which she said was way better than regular goldfish.

Then we were off again to look for a playground at the Riviera. Turns out there isn't one. Why does the value resort have 2 playgrounds and the moderate resort have 1 playground and the deluxe have zero? Are the deluxe supposed to have more adults and they don't want to have kid stuff to attract kids? I really don't get it. Having a playground at the resort is a huge benefit for my family. Anyway the Riviera is still beautiful. And I think DD played with that giant connect 4 thing again because she loves that thing but I didn't feel the need to document it again.

Then we were on the skyliner again to go back to AOA for some pool time!

Again, just loving your report.
Way back in the day, when HS was MGM there was a wonderful Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground IN the park. My kids had the best time there.

Playground hopping is such a cute idea for little kids! Brilliant planning award goes to OP's DD. 🥇

Again, just loving your report.
Way back in the day, when HS was MGM there was a wonderful Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground IN the park. My kids had the best time there.
That would have been so cool. Next time I definitely want to go to Epcot (after seeing it from the skyliner plus it will be brand new to both of us) and I heard they have a good playground

Loving your report! I like how you were able to make this trip about what she likes and make sure you get some rest instead of go-go-go every day. Those moments are so precious!
Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventures!

We changed into our suits and were off. I don't have any pictures because I left my phone in the room. I did bring the disposable water camera but I haven't gotten those pictures back yet....I hope I get them back. I took them to Walgreens but they seemed not used to dealing with disposable cameras but they did have a box to put them in.... anyway....even if I never get the pictures back it was fun to take them. Today we went to the cars pool. There was only ever one or two families with us the whole 2ish hours we were there. And the little cone cabanas are just so cute. Today I put a lifejacket on her. At first we swam how we normally do (basically me holding her the whole time unless she's holding the side) BUT THEN I decided to see if she could float without me holding her with the lifejacket on. AND SHE DID! And then I put her about a foot away from the side and told her to swim to it. AND SHE DID!!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉 And then we just kept going further and further out until she was swimming the whole pool. I was so proud. And it was way more enjoyable to swim with her versus me swimming while holding her. I also let her jump into the pool and I threw her up into the air and let her splash down. It was just a great time.

But then it was nearing nap time. We went to use the potty and then I ordered a Pina colada near the big blue pool. It was not that good flavor wise and I couldn't tell whether or not there was alcohol but it was cool and the sun was hot so that was nice. I drank it while she played in the splash area. And then she started getting really cranky. Bad planning on my part really. I should know to time naps earlier when we do stuff that tires her out. But she started melting down so we went back to the room, showered and then she fell asleep. I just laid down with her and watched TV while she slept.

Eventually I had to wake her up because we had an ADR for beaches and cream for I think 445pm..? This was yet another bad idea. I will never again make an ADR for the afternoon. I will never again wake up a toddler from their nap at WDW. She needed that nap.

I got a grumpy pants dressed and in the stroller and on the way to the skyliner. She complained about literally everything she could think of on the way. She did not want to go. She wanted to sleep. She didn't like that it was hot. The most common phrase was "why is it so long?" As in why is this taking a long time? I am pretty strict about her having good manners and so everytime she complains or whines then I have to start the conversation about why good manners is important and how to have good manners. Not a fun time. And then after we got off the skyliner at Epcot I realized I didn't actually know how to get to beaches and cream beyond that. So I had to look up where it was and try to walk towards where I thought it was and then DD kept whining and I kept trying to teach her how to have good manners and help her strategize ways she could feel entertained like by looking around or she could lay down in her stroller and it was really hot with no shade and then I eventually asked a CM near the storm along pool and maybe she sensed how over it I was because this very nice lady took us through the pool area and walked us to the restaurant.

I chose this restaurant because I love diner food, I could get to it from the skyliner, I thought the ice cream would be fun for DD and it seemed to be a favorite amongst vloggers.

As soon as we sat down DD declared she wasnt going to eat and was ready to leave. I told her she had to wait until I was done eating before we could leave. She didn't want to color or play with her stitch or talk or do anything. I told her we could go play the boardwalk games after dinner but if she had bad manners we would go back to the room. So she just sat and waited. I ordered the grilled cheese with tomato soup. It was amazing! Like worth the hype.

PXL_20230503_205811213.MP.jpg
Here is my yummy food and a grumpy DD.

Eventually her mood improved a little and she even ate some fries.

PXL_20230503_212025311.MP.jpg
I was stuffed but I didn't want to leave beaches and cream without trying their ice cream so I got a strawberry milkshake to go. I didn't think the milkshake was that good but it was also just too much food for me with it being so hot outside.

DD was happy to finaaaaaaaally be going to the boardwalk for games.

First we played the squirt gun game. Me vs DD. Obviously I let her win but I kept her on her toes by being right behind her the whole time. She was so excited to win.

PXL_20230503_215628433.MP.jpg
She picked a little hamster as her prize. Then the only other game that was suitable for DD was the throw the ball at the clown game. DD and I took turns throwing the ball at the clowns. We did not win. But the CM let DD pick a prize anyway which was nice.

PXL_20230503_220310309.jpg

And then we were headed back to the skyliner to get back to AOA. It was still hot and I felt kind of wiped mentally or emotionally or whatever but I was ready for the day to wind down.

DD and I were both very intrigued by the France area of Epcot that we saw from the skyliner. Next time 😊 it's fun to have more new stuff to look forward to.

Back at AOA, DD played at the finding Nemo playground and the arcade. Then we got some snacks from the food court and probably more milk (she drinks milk every time she naps).

PXL_20230504_000644612.PORTRAIT.jpg

Im pretty sure I had a glass of wine and then we went to bed early. The next day is our big MK day and I was a little stressed about using the bus for the first time, genie plus, the nap situation with the bus and the crowds. But I was also excited! So many princesses to meet! DD experiencing rides for the first time that I grew up(kind of since it's so similar to Disneyland) with.

Time to sleep and wake up early!

The playgrounds at Epcot are fun, but very hot when the sun is out. You are a terrific mom!

Nobody gets this perfect- it seems to me that you have really done a great job of fashioning this trip around your daughter and what will work for her at this age. It sounds like a wonderful trip so far. Anxious to see how the Magic Kingdom goes for you both.
Spoiler! MK day had some really good moments and she talks about it still a lot so she definitely liked it but it turned out to be a difficult day as far as parenting goes (and my least favorite day of the trip) and I'm going to approach it so different next time. MK is just so much and I don't know if it's because I'm older or with a kid but it felt way way bigger than Disneyland 😓

The playgrounds at Epcot are fun, but very hot when the sun is out. You are a terrific mom!
Thank you! It feels hard in the moment to know the right thing to do and it's hard to admit you're just not having a great time when you're on a big vacation

Day 5: Magic Kingdom!!

This was our big day since MK has so many toddler friendly rides and so many characters to meet. I had a vague plan in my head and had tried to look at the map a little to get a sense of where everything was. I woke up early enough to have us at the bus stop about 20 min before the first bus. I had an alarm set to go off for a couple minutes before 7am so I could grab a LL on time. DD was dressed in the princess outfit she had picked out at Target before the trip. The backpack was packed with everything I thought we might need for the whole day because I didn't know if we would make it back to the room or not.

PXL_20230504_104534062.jpg
DD is trying to show the camera her nails (she got a mani/pedi the weekend before the trip). She knows she's looking good. 🤣

PXL_20230504_105129299.jpg

Only 2 groups ahead of us at the bus stop! Grabbed a LL to meet Ariel. We talked about who she wanted to meet the most ahead of time and she said she wanted to meet Ariel most of all. But after I told her excitedly that I got us a genie to meet Ariel, she says Moana is her favorite and she wants to meet Moana. 😖 I knew Moana was at AK but that was not part of the plan for this trip. If I knew that was her top priority, I could have planned differently. 😖 So I explained that Moana wasn't going to be at MK today and that we'd have to meet her next trip. She said ok. But then she asks if Ariel would be old Ariel or the new people Ariel. This was before the movie came out but she was very excited for it and already had the barbie. We had talked ahead of time that for now only old Ariel would be there and she had said she still wanted to meet her the most. So I reminded her that no it was old Ariel. Then she starts to express how she likes the princesses "that match her" and not the princesses "that match mommy." This is her way of saying she wants to meet only brown princesses. So I remind her that we can meet princess Tiana and she says she doesn't want to meet her because she's my favorite princess (which she is). So then I try to acknowledge and validate her feeling about not enough brown princess meet options while also trying to keep the mood optimistic. I don't change the Ariel meet LL because I figure shell want to meet her still in a couple hours (spoiler: she was very excited to meet her.) But this is how we waited for the bus and I worried that the rest of the day would be her in a bad mood. But at least the bus came 10min earlier than I thought!

And then we were in line for security! Again, just like the day before she started to complain about how long it took to wait. 😓

PXL_20230504_114153450.jpg

And then we were in! And I saw the castle! And she's been talking about wanting to see the castle since she could talk. But now that she's finally here and I point it out so excited and she doesn't even care. 😭😭😭😭😭

PXL_20230504_115237579.jpg
And then we had a potty break and got in line for rope drop into fantasyland. Again the complaints about waiting came but I broke out the bubble wand and she started to play with some kids around her.

PXL_20230504_121636053.MP.jpg
So technically our HS day was my very first rope drop experience but the crowds we so low it was a good chill experience. This rope drop experience definitely had a different vibe. More intense. It felt more like a mission and less like vacation but maybe that was partly me bringing my own junk into the day. I felt stressed about the nap situation and how to try to have a fun day when her mood seemed so bad right off the bat. And I didn't know why she was in a bad mood. She's not usually like that unless she misses a nap.

Finally the masses were moving and we were off to peter pan! I found a place to park the stroller and we got in line. She said she was afraid of the dark when we were in the indoor queue so I broke out a glow stick magic wand I had got from target. She loved it!

PXL_20230504_123640297.jpg

I gotta say WDW has way better queues compared to Disneyland. But this was basically a walk on. She thought the idea of a boat flying was so cool and she was really mesmerized by this ride. She was in a better mood when we got off. 😊 This gave me some relief.

And then we walked on its a small world. And she kept pointing out everything during the ride that she liked❤️

PXL_20230504_130520436.jpg

Then we were off to the teacups. She was really excited for this ride after watching vlogs.

PXL_20230504_131100371.jpg
Not a favorite of mine but DD liked it.

PXL_20230504_131924454.jpg

What a cute little garden. (DD may or may not have picked a petal before I intervened. Sorry Disney!)

Btw everything has been a walk on so far.😁

Then DD wanted to go on the carousel. We just had to wait for the ride to finish before our turn. I was taking pics of DD when a woman behind us asked if we wanted to take a picture together. So nice. She asked if it was our first time and I told her it was DD's first time. And she asked if it was just the two of us and I said it was and she said how she had been there and it looked like I was doing a great job❤️ such a nice woman. If you're on here reading this, it really touched me.

PXL_20230504_132816560.MP.jpg

PXL_20230504_132937038.MP.jpg

The Pooh ride had been down earlier but it was back. I've never been a fan of this ride. It just seems kind of psychedelic and weird to me but I had never been on the WDW version and I had heard the queue was cool so I wanted to try it. DD wanted to try too and she did like the queue and was upset when she was rushed through it since it was basically a walk on. In retrospect, I should have let her play more. She probably needed it.

PXL_20230504_134102855.MP.jpg
By this time I was starving. I should have packed a snack for myself because I didn't want to waste time to eat and none of the breakfast options close by even sounded tasty but I got some sort of veggie sandwich and tots and ate it as quickly as possible. It was almost time to meet Ariel.

PXL_20230504_140655842.jpg

While I ate (and DD played with her bubble wand) I saw the evil sisters walking around...and 3 young (maybe 1.5 and 2yos) toddlers dresses as Cinderella following them with their moms. So cute!!!! I wish I had got a picture.

I figured we could walk toward Ariel and go on whatever ride we found along the way that had a short wait. By this time DD was excited to meet "old" Ariel again.

Well guess what had no wait! Enchanted tales with belle! I had never done this attraction before and really wanted DD to experience it and debated it as our first LL even. I had heard it was having long waits due to it recently reopening. And here it is a walk on!

PXL_20230504_142631419.MP.jpg
The whole concept of this attraction is so unique. DD didn't get or ask for a part. She was just taking it all in. And she really liked "being in Belle's house".

PXL_20230504_143817784.MP.jpg
I don't know why but seeing my daughter get all star struck meeting characters makes me so emotional in a happy way.

BTW I let her stand in line by herself and there was a mom with a young toddler behind her. She turned around and told the mom that she (as in herself as in my darling DD) looked beautiful today. 😂 At least she doesn't have self esteem problems I guess?

And now on to ARIEL!

PXL_20230504_145918083.PORTRAIT.jpg
This CM did a great job of talking to DD a good amount of time. Really makes it feel special. DD was of course star struck though and shy.

PXL_20230504_145940947.PORTRAIT.jpg
After we got off I asked DD for our next genie if shed rather meet Cinderella or Tiana and she told me "we have to meet princess and the frog because she's your favorite." 🥰🥰🥰🥰 Sometimes DD is so sweet I want to cry.

You know my memory of this day in general kind of focused on that negative aspects of me worrying about her mood and stressing about the whole nap situation but now that I'm writing it all out...the day really was filled with a lot of beautiful moments. 😊 I'm glad I'm writing it out and hopefully DD will want to read it when she's grown.

(And if anyone has good strategies to help kids learn how to wait I'm all ears because nothing I tried really seemed to work.)

So after Ariel we wandered over to dumbo. I really wanted us to play in the indoor play area because it was getting VERY hot and DD started to get whiney again so I thought some AC and time to play would be really good for her. But it was closed 😖 but at least the ride was a walk on.

PXL_20230504_151033626.jpg

Look how happy she looks. 😖 Lol.

After we got off dumbo we saw the little water play area. Great! I thought she can cool off and play! Just what I wanted.

PXL_20230504_151518210.MP.jpg
I think she played for 5min and then wanted to change. This was kind of my bad. I didn't pack her water play clothes because I didn't know about this area and her outfit was not very comfy to begin with. I did think whether or not I should let her play barefoot to avoid getting her shoes wet but I worried shed step on something so I just let her shoes get wet.

I did pack a change of clothes since her princess outfit was costume quality so I changed her into that and I thought it would be easy to find shoes to buy in the gift shop. So we went into the circus gift shop (me holding her so since she was now barefoot) but no shoes in her size! DD did get a cookie though. At least she's eating something. 😖

The stroller was back at Belle's house so I carried her all the way there. She was starting to show signs of sleepiness but we had the LL to meet Tiana so the current plan was to meet Tiana then take the bus back to the resort to nap. After the morning we had I felt like she needed a good nap.

After we parked the stroller outside Tiana I told DD she had to wear her wet shoes to meet Tiana but then she could take them off again. She was a good sport about it.

PXL_20230504_154925380.PORTRAIT.jpg
Of course DD still wanted to wear her crown. Again star struck and shy. This CM also spent a good amount of time talking to her which I appreciate. Ok so here is my case for why she is the best princess. She has the best work ethic by far but not money or status obsessed just goal driven. Great role model. But still has the fun girly dresses that DD likes. Plus I think the movie has really good songs. And I like the style of animation.

Then the visiting princess was....

PXL_20230504_155216668.PORTRAIT.jpg

She was great with DD as well.

Back in the stroller booking it to the bus! But the parade was starting 😭 and they said we couldn't walk to main st until after the parade and it was hot with no shade 🥵.....but then they let us pass quickly. Thank you CM!

I hopped into the first gift shop (since I read they were all connected) to walk the rest of the way away from the parade crowd and in the AC. And then one of CM in the shops ask if I plan to wake her up for the parade. My face must have looked shocked because the CM laughed and said something along the lines of remembering how naps were important. So DD fell asleep.....

Plan B then. If I took DD on the bus shed wake up for sure and there would have been a 90% chance she wouldn't fall back asleep and then the rest of the day would be struggle struggle struggle.

So plan B. Take DD on the monorail and I stay in AC while I keep the stroller moving and resort hop. Like I said before I love looking at hotels and I was excited to see poly so I went there first.
PXL_20230504_160642212.jpg

If I had the money, we would be staying at the poly. The pool and vibe and food and monorail access are all up my alley.

PXL_20230504_161959480.jpg

I debated getting some ohana noodles from the lounge just to try but I had regretted getting the milkshake the night before just to try so I decided against it. I don't like feeling too full. Especially in the heat.

PXL_20230504_162624912.jpg
I got the backscratcher and it was soooo good and the perfect amount of alcohol to feel just a little buzzed.

Then more walking around (again I asked if I was allowed to walk around with my drink and they said it was. For some reason I was surprised by this since it was Disney I thought they would be more strict).

PXL_20230504_163144595.MP.jpg

Oh yeah I guess we both forgot to take off her wet shoes after the princesses. Poor DD

PXL_20230504_163557106.jpg

PXL_20230504_164033787.MP.jpg
I really took my time to look at all the gifts shops and QS and look out the windows. I also looked for shoes at each gift shop but again nothing in her size. A woman yelled in my direction and probably at me in one of the gift shops to not look at her. I don't know what that was about but it was a little unnerving and I left soon after.

I don't remember if DD began to stir at poly or not. But I felt like I saw everything I wanted to see that was indoors so we were on the monorail again to grand Floridian

PXL_20230504_170054497.jpg
I never really liked the aesthetic of this hotel from pictures or vlogs but I did like it in person and it smelled really good. DD did wake up while we were here. (In total I think she napped little over an hour so not bad.) We went in tht gift shop here and they did have toddler shoes! And then we went in the soap gift shop and got one for my sister.

Then I told DD we had to eat before we could go back to MK. She hadn't eaten well all day and I thought she needed it. So I reviewed the mobile order QS option at the contemporary and she said she wanted to eat pasta! Yes! She wanted to eat!

So back on the monorail.

PXL_20230504_174342197.jpg

She loved this lunch and I was just so happy she was eating and happy again!

PXL_20230504_180232563.jpg
I got the kids cheeseburger. It was ok. To be expected. I really liked the sides of grapes.

PXL_20230504_181102018.MP.jpg
She liked seeing the monorail pass by. And she finished her pasta❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter