FIrst Last Minute Trip (3/14-3/17) Planning Chaos

peanut520

Mouseketeer
Disney I can plan with my eyes shut, but I’m scrambling to plan a last minute spring break trip for 3/14-3/18 since I decided to go yesterday. We were supposed to go last spring break staying at PBH so I’m a little familiar but still have a few questions
1. All the on-site resort are have no availability right now. Do you think there is any chance there might be get a reservation?
2. I currently have my daughter and I booked at the Hyatt Place. I also plan on getting an Uber/lyft from/to the airport. Is a car necessary? We only plan on doing Universal in Orlando. Can anyone confirms that the pre-check area in MCO is open?
3. What’s everyone’s favorite walkable off-site hotel?
4. I am considering the quick service meal plan. Can someone explain to me how they separate the adult and child meals? My daughter has some dietary restrictions and needs to eat more often so there will be times I may not be ordering a meal with her. I understand that we exchange the vouchers for cards. Are there different so I can keep track?
5. I plan on getting APs for us and want to get the 15 item Mardi Gras tasting lanyard. Do they have enough filling items that we can use the credits for lunch?
TIA

Update1: I changed our plans from flying down 14-18 to flying down early 14-17 and add few days at my friend's house in Tampa and driving home. The price to stay at the Hyatt Place when up to the point is was the same as the 4 nights when I reduced the # of night so I just booked the Double Tree. Anyone have any thoughts on the Double Tree? is there a Walgreen or cvs near by? or do they accept packages? fingers crossed that a on-site opens up that I can afford (I saw the 2500/night at RPH and that was a NO)

Update2: I was able to grab a room at HR for Tuesday night! Our last night in Orlando. So I plan on switching hotels first thing in the morning (6am), check in, check our bags, and head straight to the parks To take advantage of our EPs!! I did also go with the double tree, but I have an extra night since my res was sun-wed.

Update3: Just switched to RPR for the one night

Last edited:
I would keep checking frequently for a room as cancellations do happen. You might get lucky. Checking at this very moment I can see availability for Endless Summer (but I'm guessing you're looking for one of the deluxe resorts with EP?).

I am considering the quick service meal plan. Can someone explain to me how they separate the adult and child meals? My daughter has some dietary restrictions and needs to eat more often so there will be times I may not be ordering a meal with her. I understand that we exchange the vouchers for cards. Are there different so I can keep track?

The meal plan really isn't a value. I'd look very closely at what you want to order and price it out to see if it makes any difference cost wise. Especially with your dietary needs needing to be flexible, It might be less stress to just pay as you go.

Reactions: AJA
I would keep checking frequently for a room as cancellations do happen. You might get lucky. Checking at this very moment I can see availability for Endless Summer (but I'm guessing you're looking for one of the deluxe resorts with EP?).
I would prefer a deluxe but at this point I’m open to any on-site property. It’s just my daughter and I so I’m looking for conviencence and safety as my top priorities.. What site are you able to fine Endless Summer available?

I also don’t recommend the Universal Meal Plan. Its not a great value anyway.

I also don’t recommend the Universal Meal Plan. Its not a great value anyway.

Just directly on Universal's site. Although I checked say 5 minutes ago and more than just Endless Summer showed up. Now that I check it again they are all gone.

So keep checking frequently as of 3 searches I did in the last hour there was Once where Endless Summer was available. Once with others also available. And now with nothing. So it's seems to be fluctuating.

Edit: Keep using this link as it has baked in March 14-18 for 2 adults.

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...ls=&ada=0&currid=0&vouchercode=&attendeeCode=

I just traded 1 night at HR to RPR. It was one of the original resorts we booked for our cancelled trip last year. For those that have stayed off-site without a car. Is there a store near the double tree to buy water?

I just traded 1 night at HR to RPR. It was one of the original resorts we booked for our cancelled trip last year. For those that have stayed off-site without a car. Is there a store near the double tree to buy water?

There's a Walgreens not too far from Doubletree that you can probably get water at:

I would add if you aren't staying on site get to the parks before opening..they are likely to hit capacity.

EDIT: Missed that you were able to switch to Royal Pacific so shouldn't be an issue :)

Last edited:
I would add if you aren't staying on site get to the parks before opening..they are likely to hit capacity.

EDIT: Missed that you were able to switch to Royal Pacific so shouldn't be an issue :)
I only was able to book one night so the other 3 days I’m still concerned about, but we are rope drop people so I think we should be okay. I figured on the days we don’t have EPs we will just take our time and get to know the park at a leisurely pace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter