• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FIRST LOOK: New Concept Art for Disneyland Hotel DVC Tower Revealed

I actually find it appealing with quite a few Disney touches. Not generic like say Beach Club and OKW have become.

I also wish they were doing balconies for all rooms however. I know it matches up more to the existing DLH towers but it's a departure for DVC and not a good one IMO.

So curious to see what the living space for the 1 and 2 bedrooms look like, the bedroom for the 1 bedroom and of course the grand Villa and the pods. Of course all of those are a small percentage - such a deluxe studio heavy allocation.

So curious to see what the living space for the 1 and 2 bedrooms look like, the bedroom for the 1 bedroom and of course the grand Villa and the pods. Of course all of those are a small percentage - such a deluxe studio heavy allocation.
I agree-we travel with 5 or 6 so definitely need to see the larger rooms. Also disappointed at the studio heavy structure and lack of balconies. Love the style, though-although we own at VGC I really prefer the look of DLH-retro and colors!

I really wish these had balconies. Agreed a bit generic looking but I like it overall.

The lack of balconies were a deal breaker for me. Had a bit of an existential crisis over waiting for DLT or buying more VGC. In the end, the lack of studio balconies were the deciding factor alongside suburban views.

Not a fan of the flags on the wood but love the paintings and color scheme.

Not sure I'm a fan of the wood in general. Or the decor. I don't see how there is any synergy between a mid century modern tower and the classic Eyvind Earle Sleeping Beauty concept art (that would suit the Paris or Tokyo Disneyland Hotels). I erronously imagined the rooms in the tower may be themed to Disneyland itself. Maybe I will feel differently seeing a display room.

Last edited:
The lack of balconies were a deal breaker for me. Had a bit of an existential crisis over waiting for DLT or buying more VGC. In the end, the lack of studio balconies were the deciding factor alongside suburban views.

Not sure I'm a fan of the wood in general. Or the decor. I don't see how there is any synergy between a mid century modern tower and the classic Eyvind Earle Sleeping Beauty concept art (that would suit the Paris or Tokyo Disneyland Hotels). I erronously imagined the rooms in the tower may be themed to Disneyland itself. Maybe I will feel differently seeing a display room.

I LOVE the headboards at the DLH. I'm sure they think they need to change since they've been there for awhile now but I would have been completely happy if they had used those and themed around them.

Wood was pretty prevalent in mid-century modern I thought so it's not jumping out at me as not fitting.

Well, the original towers all started out the MCM style, but have drifted away with subsequent remodels and redecoration. The re-imagining of the west end of DTD taking the place of the AMC theatre and Earl of Sandwich is designed in the MCM style as well, so there's hope that the same design vocabulary will be worked back into the existing elements of the hotel.

I LOVE the headboards at the DLH. I'm sure they think they need to change since they've been there for awhile now but I would have been completely happy if they had used those and themed around them.

Wood was pretty prevalent in mid-century modern I thought so it's not jumping out at me as not fitting.
Dark woods and paint palettes (burnt oranges, siennas, etc) juxtaposed with bright chromes and brushed metals were very much part of the MCM design vocabulary.

If not for the castle picture above the bed and the watermark, I wouldn't be able to tell a very big difference. The first photo is the Hyatt House at the corner of Harbor Blvd. I don't think I need to buy into the DLH Tower.

Last edited:

You make a good point. I also love the castle headboards in the hotel and have no issue with the palate in those rooms. I suppose it's the Sleeping Beauty art and medieval flags which clashes with the mid century aesthetic and juxtaposes with one another. The two themes just aren't integrating well for me.

View attachment 624549View attachment 624550

If not for the castle picture above the bed and the watermark, I wouldn't be able to tell a very big difference. The first photo is the Hyatt House at the corner of Harbor Blvd. I don't think I need to buy into the DLH Tower.

I agree 100%. I think this design is ugly. I don’t want to come to Disneyland and relive the 1970’s. The color palette is awful. I expect more from Disney. Why do walls in a smoker’s yellow/beige? And hoping that couch isn’t vinyl. I don’t want to stay at an overpriced generic, outdated Mariott. Sorry. And how does this transition and have cohesiveness with the DL hotel?

And why didn’t they incorporate the DL headboards? They could have themed them with the 3 faries and had “once upon a dream” play and have the headboard lights change from pink to blue. They could add in the cute woodland creatures (which kids would love) instead of the flags on the wood paneling of the murphy bed. Or ditch the wood paneling all together tbh. You can do MCM without it looking like my grandma’s den from the 70’s meets my childhood glamour shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter