First MNSSHP - Oversold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as "oversold" when Disney does not promise a set number of tickets will be sold. We as guests are at the mercy of Disney any given party because as long as they are under legal park capacity they can sell as many tickets as they want. WHEN they decide they are done selling tickets that day, they proclaim sold out and put up the sign in front.

But it is not oversold as in “they said they would only sell 20,000 tickets and they sold 25,000.” It is oversold as in they sold too many tickets to reasonably provide each attendee with the advertised experience.

Overselling is about promising more than you can or do deliver.

I'll say this again...BOTH the Halloween and Xmas parties are one and done....the only way to make them worth the price is by cutting at least 40% of the tixs sold...PLUS they are WAY to lenient when clearing out the day guest...I've seen them still asking people to leave well after 8pm and that just adds to the crowds

But it is not oversold as in “they said they would only sell 20,000 tickets and they sold 25,000.” It is oversold as in they sold too many tickets to reasonably provide each attendee with the advertised experience.

always undersell and overdeliver . Basic business courses teach that.

It’s all subjective I’ve thought one time a Christmas party had light crowds and the board said it was terrible it’s a very charged opinionated statement.

Although I had no doubt it was insane as all the bloggers, youtubers and media wanted to be at the first one.

If the next couple of parties sell out we might see all of August as Halloween :0

They have never announced or promised they would only sell X number of tickets.

And given they have an electronic ticket system, if it were set to only sell 20,000 tickets (that’s too low a number) then the system would never let them oversell.

Over-crowding is a very valid point, especially for an event like this.

I'm going on Tues. Oct 2nd. I hope it won't be crazy busy that day.

But I kinda wish now that I had read these reviews before buying my ticket.
Tues. Oct. 2 for my family, too. The preceding Friday and Sunday were better days for our actual plans but we opted for Tuesday just because of the fear of a big crowd. Looks like Tuesday will be crowded just because everyone may try to do the same!

We have tickets to the October 26th party.

If it's over sold like this past Friday reports I am reading, I will def be taking a walk to guest relations.

I have no recourse at the moment to get my $ back since there are no refunds for tickets as I purchased before I read about this past Friday reports.

The party for the 6 of us was roughly over 600 bucks. I have already accepted the fact that character meet and greet lines will be 2 to 3 hours and that is not in my radar as far as my plans go. Which is a shame since that is a highlight of the party. At this point they should have a fastpass option for meet and greets 95 percent of people purchase tickets in advance.

Add to the fact I am there 10 nights in October and the party is 6 of those nights I am already being charged full price tickets for a MK park that is not open the same amount of hours it was when I was there this past May. and they had to cancel my early morning magic (most likely due to the fact they want to get regular guests in at an earlier time due to the amount of parties that time of year) I am somewhat annoyed to hear of how crowded and oversold the first party was.

I do not expect it to be empty or perfect crowd conditions I am realistic I just do not want to pay a premium for an oversold party.

I have to check out Pete's rant on the DIS Im curious his thoughts on this. The daily fix he said it was oversold and crowded

This is def our last Halloween party for a long time.

I’m not trying to be snarky at all, but what do they promise? Everything I see they advertise centers on special events at the party. It doesn’t state anywhere that I have found that one should expect lower crowds (than earlier in the day).

Add to the fact I am there 10 nights in October and the party is 6 of those nights I am already being charged full price tickets for a MK park that is not open the same amount of hours it was when I was there this past May.

I know everyone likes to feel like they've gotten their money's worth from a Disney trip. But it's not like Disney posted hours that said 9 a.m.-10 p.m. and then said: "Whoops, we're adding parties so MK will close at 6." Disney is very up front about the park hours during party season and you are going because it's party season and attending a party, so you really haven't "lost" any hours.

I'm going to Disney in late January/early February and every park closes by 8 or 9 each night, I'm paying the same ticket cost as when the parks are open late. But I knew that the parks close earlier in the winter, it's just something you roll with.

If it's over sold like this past Friday reports I am reading, I will def be taking a walk to guest relations.

I have no recourse at the moment to get my $ back since there are no refunds for tickets as I purchased before I read about this past Friday reports.

The party for the 6 of us was roughly over 600 bucks. I have already accepted the fact that character meet and greet lines will be 2 to 3 hours and that is not in my radar as far as my plans go. Which is a shame since that is a highlight of the party. At this point they should have a fastpass option for meet and greets 95 percent of people purchase tickets in advance.

Add to the fact I am there 10 nights in October and the party is 6 of those nights I am already being charged full price tickets for a MK park that is not open the same amount of hours it was when I was there this past May. and they had to cancel my early morning magic (most likely due to the fact they want to get regular guests in at an earlier time due to the amount of parties that time of year) I am somewhat annoyed to hear of how crowded and oversold the first party was.

I do not expect it to be empty or perfect crowd conditions I am realistic I just do not want to pay a premium for an oversold party.

I have to check out Pete's rant on the DIS Im curious his thoughts on this. The daily fix he said it was oversold and crowded

It's interesting that you're writing off the Halloween party well before you actually attend this year. I think the first party is a bit of an anomaly because it's the first one so it has more people for the novelty of being first, the media (all the bloggers and youtubers), collectors, it was a discounted night for castmembers, and it's still summer so the parks in general are more crowded. Your party could be TOTALLY different.

As I said in a previous post in this thread - we went in 2014 and 2017 and had a great time, crowd levels were great and noted no real changes between the years. Unfortunately the character lines are always long because these are rare characters.

Both years we went on 10/26. :)

I have already accepted the fact that character meet and greet lines will be 2 to 3 hours and that is not in my radar as far as my plans go. Which is a shame since that is a highlight of the party.
That is basically only Jack & Sally, Moana and the 7 Dwarfs and is still a bit exaggerated.

Something I think might really help would be to do a party or two at the start of the season that is "media exclusive." Invite all of the vloggers/bloggers/media, etc., to those nights so that the first few 'real' parties (open to the public), aren't so crowded. Sort of like they have done when opening a new land or attraction.

I would much rather go to a packed party than a rainy night party.
The weather at the first party was lovely. I wish I was there.

You and me both!

I’m not trying to be snarky at all, but what do they promise? Everything I see they advertise centers on special events at the party. It doesn’t state anywhere that I have found that one should expect lower crowds (than earlier in the day).

There is an implication that the parties will allow access to attractions, characters and shows that are not oppressive waits. Is this blatantly spelled out? No, however Disney has done a great job of suggesting that there will be lower crowds and easier access to rare characters. I realize that without this in writing Disney may be able to send dissatisfied guests to pound sand but there is a price to pay if that is anything other than an anomaly. If Disney wants to close the MK early 4 times a week for the better part of 4 months running they better offer those folks filling the gap an experience that is worth paying for.

They have never announced or promised they would only sell X number of tickets.

And given they have an electronic ticket system, if it were set to only sell 20,000 tickets (that’s too low a number) then the system would never let them oversell.

I can’t figure out if you are purposefully or accidentally replying to the opposite of what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter