First night at US- what to do?

mrsbmacdonald

Earning My Ears
Hi:
We will be arriving mid afternoon on Saturday, Oct 11th. Staying at RP. How would you spend your first evening? No park tickets for this night. Group of 7: 4 adults, 3 kids: 6, 6, 8. We will have just finished a week at Disney so an early bedtime is probably a good idea :)

Thanks for your ideas!

Dinner at Margarittaville with some Volcano Nachos and relaxing by the pool ('cause you won't be able to do much else after consuming all those nachos!
IMG_2740.JPG

Dinner at Margarittaville with some Volcano Nachos and relaxing by the pool ('cause you won't be able to do much else after consuming all those nachos!

I second this!!!! You would get to enjoy the boat ride & the nachos are good. Just split a few things between the group, that way no one is too full to sleep. Then at the pool the adults get to relax watching the kids burning off all the pent up travel energy, so everyone will sleep good.

Margaritaville nachos and the pool, heaven.

Mini golf is a lot of fun at Citywalk, especially when it's all lit up at night.

But the pool at RPR is a great place to relax and chill out......fun atmosphere and great food from the Bula Bar :thumbsup2

Mini golf is a lot of fun at Citywalk, especially when it's all lit up at night.

But the pool at RPR is a great place to relax and chill out......fun atmosphere and great food from the Bula Bar :thumbsup2

I 2nd the mini golf! It is slow paced so you will still get to relax. It is so much fun and well themed. Plus you get to crush the rest of your family which after a stay at WDW often is a requirement! :cool2:

Several options:
  1. Hanging out at Margaritaville while eating nachos and Jamaica Mistaka wings.
  2. Although I've never done it, the mini-golf looks like fun.
  3. See a movie at the AMC theater.
  4. Visit PBH to watch Musica della Notte.

We do have a couple of mini-golf fans with us so I will definitely add that to the list! I didn't realise it was there so thanks for the suggestion.

One of the best nights I spent at RPR was floating around in the pool with ds and watching the movie. I totally agree with dinner at Citywalk and the pool. If you are lucky it will be movie night:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter