First round of stimulus checks deposited today

sasywtch

DIS Veteran
I got a message of a deposit today from the US treasury. The odd thing is, I think it's my social security check that normally comes next Wednesday. The amounts are similar, $1000. It has never come early except maybe Tuesday evening. my sister sent me a message she found from the irs that checks were deposited today into some accounts anyone else ever get their ss check on a Saturday instead of Wednesday (Tuesday evening)? I went to my ss site that says my check is due to deposit April 15. Darn if my bank quit doing 24 hour phone banking right now but if it protects their workers, I'm for it.

We got our SS checks deposited last Wed as they were supposed to be. Our bank site is down for maintenance all of today, so I don't know if any stimulus check went in yet, won't know till tomorrow

I got a message of a deposit today from the US treasury. The odd thing is, I think it's my social security check that normally comes next Wednesday. The amounts are similar, $1000. It has never come early except maybe Tuesday evening. my sister sent me a message she found from the irs that checks were deposited today into some accounts anyone else ever get their ss check on a Saturday instead of Wednesday (Tuesday evening)? I went to my ss site that says my check is due to deposit April 15. Darn if my bank quit doing 24 hour phone banking right now but if it protects their workers, I'm for it.

Are you sure it's a real message, and not phishing or worse? It's not asking you to do anything, is it?

Do not click links, do not open attachments, do not call phone numbers, do not go to web sites named in email from the IRS or from your local bank or from your favorite store or restaurant.

Look up the address or phone number yourself from a tax return instructions or a bank statement or credit card bill or whatever (yes you can also use Google). Use that to make a call yourself and verify the email message.

It does not need attention in the next 24 hours even if the email message says so. No official person is going to come to your door because you did not respond in time. You do not have to let anyone in even if it is pouring rain outside. You do not have to let someone in to use a party line (old fashioned land line phone) even if they say it is an emergency. (If someone threateining does come then you are entitled to call 911.)

Last edited:
The first round of checks were deposited starting last Thursday. Sure hope you didn't click on anything in that message.

Who was the message from? Your bank? I can’t imagine the US Treasury would have your email. As others have stated, do not click on any link or open any attachment.

Notified ours will hit 4/15, by our actual bank. It is showing as a pending transaction

My bank (Bank of America) never notifies me of pending direct deposits. They just kind of show up. :)

I think for most major banks, if the deposit date on check was for say 4/15, it won't show up in our accounts until 4/15, not even as pending. IRS may have deposited it to bank already, but they will hold until whatever date is on there.

I think.

My bank (Bank of America) never notifies me of pending direct deposits. They just kind of show up. :)

I think for most major banks, if the deposit date on check was for say 4/15, it won't show up in our accounts until 4/15, not even as pending. IRS may have deposited it to bank already, but they will hold until whatever date is on there.

I think.
Different bank here, but same thing. Never get notification of direct deposits. Just checked our bank online , and nothing showing for stimulus check being deposited yet. And no notification from the US Treasury. How would they know anyone's email to notify them, unless they get it from the IRS? Not sure even the IRS has our email address!

Different bank here, but same thing. Never get notification of direct deposits. Just checked our bank online , and nothing showing for stimulus check being deposited yet. And no notification from the US Treasury. How would they know anyone's email to notify them, unless they get it from the IRS? Not sure even the IRS has our email address!
Everyone who gets a direct deposit sent will get a follow up USPS letter within 2-3 weeks after confirming the amount.

The IRS has my email because I make estimated tax payments quarterly online. They send me notification of pending withdrawals from my bank account. I am hoping that is sufficient to get the stimulus check deposited, I never get refunds, always making payments!

An old friend of mine received his via direct deposit on Saturday. I was surprised as my bank doesn’t process anything on weekends. I use Citizens Bank and they don’t ever show “pending“ deposits. I’ll have to wait until tomorrow

We got our SS checks deposited last Wed as they were supposed to be. Our bank site is down for maintenance all of today, so I don't know if any stimulus check went in yet, won't know till tomorrow

My ssdi payment was.direct deposited as normal weds as well, but looks like they moved back the stimulus check deposit date for SS recipients - they were supposed to be with first wave yesterday - now, statement is "near future"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter