first run movies on board?

Anyone know if there will be a midnight showing for Avengers 2 on the Dream when it falls on the last night of the cruise?

It should be interesting on the Magic with Pirate Night 4/30, so will be at Cozumel, then Pirate Night with Cinderalla probably in the WDT. Then the fireworks, the buffet and finish with the midnight showing of Avengers. BTW, the next day is a sea day for us!!!!! Still rooms available, lol!

It should be interesting on the Magic with Pirate Night 4/30, so will be at Cozumel, then Pirate Night with Cinderalla probably in the WDT. Then the fireworks, the buffet and finish with the midnight showing of Avengers. BTW, the next day is a sea day for us!!!!! Still rooms available, lol!

We just got off the Fantasy last week and, surprisingly, did not have a movie in the WDT. There were the usual five live shows (opening, closing, Aladdin, Wishes and Believe) and then the other two nights were magic shows/variety acts. Cinderella played many times at the BVT, but not in the WDT as I had anticipated.

I'd love to see Avengers 2 on one of the ships. With that, Tomorrowland, Inside Out and Ant-Man coming out over the course of the summer, if I was cruising in late July or August or the several months thereafter, I'd be packing a whole lot of popcorn in my suitcase.

Anyone know if there will be a midnight showing for Avengers 2 on the Dream when it falls on the last night of the cruise?

Given that they did it for that been-there-done-that-do-we-really-need-another-sports-story-of-underprivleged-kids-making-it running movie, I'm sure they will for Avengers.

Are PremEARS usually in the Walt Disney Theater or the movie theater? Thanks!

The actual premEAR is done in the WDT. Subsequent showings in the BVT. Sometimes the first day's showings are all in the WDT, then it moves to the BVT.

We were on one of the classic ships when Toy Story 3 premEARed. They actually showed it at 12:01 in both the WDT and the BVT. The WDT was designated for families, and the BVT was designated for adults. I guess they anticipated not being able to accomodate everyone in the WDT, so tried to spread it out in a reasonable way.

So depending on the popularity of the franchise, the rating, and the passenger mix, it might premiere in both.

We are on the Dream May 8th I'm so hoping to see it on our trip. I have not told my son so it would be a huge surprise for him!!

DCL newbie here and I'm just thrilled! I'll be on the 4/26 sailing of the Magic and will look forward to watching Avengers 2, and Cinderella which I haven't seen yet!

We were on one of the classic ships when Toy Story 3 premEARed. They actually showed it at 12:01 in both the WDT and the BVT. The WDT was designated for families, and the BVT was designated for adults. I guess they anticipated not being able to accomodate everyone in the WDT, so tried to spread it out in a reasonable way.

So depending on the popularity of the franchise, the rating, and the passenger mix, it might premiere in both.

I am glad to hear this. I booked the 12/13 5-night Magic cruise specifically to see Star Wars at midnight on December 18th, but I've been worried they won't show it because there is no way everyone can fit in the WDW theater, and let's face it, that will be VERY popular.

Given that they did it for that been-there-done-that-do-we-really-need-another-sports-story-of-underprivleged-kids-making-it running movie, I'm sure they will for Avengers.

Hey! McFarland USA is a great movie. Some of us really appreciate inspirational movies. It was very well done.

Hey! McFarland USA is a great movie. Some of us really appreciate inspirational movies. It was very well done.

It's just absolutely nothing new. BTDT.

And FWIW, I don't do "super hero" movies either.

Last edited:
Is there a charge for the movies?
No charge for the movie itself -- you can go to ask many as they are showing, and multiple times for the same movie. Nice perk of the cruise.

The only onboard charge related to a movie or live show is the snack bar. Unlike primary meals, ice cream machines, soda machines or the "fast food" options out by the pool (all "free"), both theaters have snack bars with popcorn, candy, drinks, etc., and there is a cost for those snacks if you get them at the theater...but you can still take your own snacks and drinks into the theater if you want to do so.

You can count on just about every Disney movie from the prior 6-12 months being shown on board at some point. So expect Cinderella to be there. Big Hero 6 will probably still be around.
Here is what they were showing on the Magic in March:

I think Avengers is the only new Disney movie being released between now and your cruise, so it will likely be the only substitution. Tomorrowland will be added later in May.

Cool. We have seen Strange Magic, but DD missed some of it, so she might like to see it again. She wants to see the Frozen short movie that is playing with Cinderella, but Cinderella is a little too grown up for her to enjoy I think. (although I would like to see it) Do you know if it (Frozen) is at the beginning or the end? I wonder if we could slip in for that part and then slip back out.

Cool. We have seen Strange Magic, but DD missed some of it, so she might like to see it again. She wants to see the Frozen short movie that is playing with Cinderella, but Cinderella is a little too grown up for her to enjoy I think. (although I would like to see it) Do you know if it (Frozen) is at the beginning or the end? I wonder if we could slip in for that part and then slip back out.

You will find the movie listings and times for your cruise in the daily Navigator and the times will also be posted outside the theatre so you see which times work best for you.

MJ

In theaters on land it is shown at the beginning

Is there a charge for the movies?

Movies are free. Oddly, they do charge for popcorn.

Also note, the ships have an amazing "on demand" selection in the room that is included.. Just about every Disney movie ever made on the newer ships. (I understand the older ships don't have the on-demand feature, just more of an old fashioned pay-per-view without paying style).

She wants to see the Frozen short movie that is playing with Cinderella, but Cinderella is a little too grown up for her to enjoy I think. (although I would like to see it) Do you know if it (Frozen) is at the beginning or the end? I wonder if we could slip in for that part and then slip back out.

The Frozen Fever short was indeed playing with Cinderella on the Fantasy last week and, as in the theaters on land, the short was shown before the actual movie, so you could easily go in to see it and then leave the theater if that was all you wanted to see.

As for Cinderella, it had a fair bit of humor in it, although you do get introduced to her mom and dad before they die, plus there were a couple of cringe-worthy moments as the stepsisters were trying to get the glass slipper to fit. Otherwise, I didn't think it was particularly "dark" and was pretty consistent with the story we all know. On the bright side, they showed it several times during the week, so if you haven't already seen it, you could watch it on your own while your daughter is at the Oceaneers Club and then figure out how much, if any, would be OK for her to see. Assuming she knows the general story from the cartoon, you could skip the deaths early in the movie and very easily pick right back up with the story by coming in a few minutes late.

Hi,
Where can I find out which first run movies will be shown aboard the Disney Fantasy cruise ship for May 2, 2015? Do you think the Marvel Avengers:Age of Ultron which releases on May 1st would be shown? Since Marvel is owned by Disney I thought it might be possible, or just hopeful!
It'll absolutely show. We were on the cruise when the first Avengers movie came on, and not only was it in HEAVY rotation in the movie theater, they also showed it a couple of times in the big show theater during the day so that everyone would get a chance to see it.
Basically, if it's a brand owned by Disney, the movie premieres on ship the day it premieres on shore. I SO ENVY people who will be on the ship when the new Star Wars comes out!!!
We're going to be on the May 3 Magic cruise, and are very much looking forward to seeing Age of Ultron aboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter