First seating and watching the Superbowl?

mighty quack

Earning My Ears
How long or better yet how short can First seating be? I am cruising next weekend from Puerto Rico and the Superbowl starts at 7:30 local time there. Will I be done with dinner in time to watch if I am in Main seating?

How long or better yet how short can First seating be? I am cruising next weekend from Puerto Rico and the Superbowl starts at 7:30 local time there. Will I be done with dinner in time to watch if I am in Main seating?

Yes. You have a couple of options really.
1. Eat in main dining room and let your serving team know you want to be done in time to watch the kickoff. They can work with that if they know you have something planned.
2. Eat on deck at the "quick service" locations. Pizza, chicken strips, burgers, fries etc all pool side and watching the game on funnel vision.
3. Dine at Cabanas and then grab a deck chair to watch the game.

This is what we did on the Fantasy last year during our SWDAS cruise. Superbowl Sunday was also formal night on that itinerary. My husband and son grabbed a couple of chairs and got food to eat while watching the game.

Last year on Carnival my husband had to watch the AFC Playoff games, so me, my daughter and her bf ate in the dining room without him. :rotfl::rotfl:He made a lot of new friends in the sports bar, even a group who were going to visit people in our home town in MA, what are the chances?

Go Pats!!! :cheer2::cheer2: No flames please! :jumping1:

Last year on Carnival my husband had to watch the AFC Playoff games, so me, my daughter and her bf ate in the dining room without him. :rotfl::rotfl:He made a lot of new friends in the sports bar, even a group who were going to visit people in our home town in MA, what are the chances?

Go Pats!!! :cheer2::cheer2: No flames please! :jumping1:

No flaming, but as a Colts fan I'm hoping Brady retires soon!!!

Yes. You have a couple of options really.
1. Eat in main dining room and let your serving team know you want to be done in time to watch the kickoff. They can work with that if they know you have something planned.
2. Eat on deck at the "quick service" locations. Pizza, chicken strips, burgers, fries etc all pool side and watching the game on funnel vision.
3. Dine at Cabanas and then grab a deck chair to watch the game.

This is what we did on the Fantasy last year during our SWDAS cruise. Superbowl Sunday was also formal night on that itinerary. My husband and son grabbed a couple of chairs and got food to eat while watching the game.

We did Option 2 as well on the Fantasy last year while watching our Pats win it all!

The pool deck is such an awesome place to watch the Superbowl, and it can fill up pretty quickly so I would suggest skipping the MDR that night if you are highly vested in getting good seating up there for the game.

No flames- but LOL! Being from NE, he seems like he is going to play forever. Maybe it just seems that way to the rest of the league!

Did you see the commercial he was in during the game last week? I think it was for a smart watch, can't remember exactly what it was for. He talked about his family and football and in the end he said he couldn't imagine quitting football right now. I saw that and thought CRAP, he's NOT retiring after this season:sad:. He might as well go for a ring on all 10 fingers, I'm sure he could get them. But as a Colts fan, Manning IS the greatest quarterback of all time!!:teeth:

Did you see the commercial he was in during the game last week? I think it was for a smart watch, can't remember exactly what it was for. He talked about his family and football and in the end he said he couldn't imagine quitting football right now. I saw that and thought CRAP, he's NOT retiring after this season:sad:. He might as well go for a ring on all 10 fingers, I'm sure he could get them. But as a Colts fan, Manning IS the greatest quarterback of all time!!:teeth:

No doubt, Manning was great. And I do like the Colts, even as a Patriots fan. But Brady is the GOAT. I didn't see the commercial, many times watching the Patriots puts me into cardiac arrest. LOL But I did see his Face Book mini movie or whatever that thing was he did. His dedication is remarkable. I don't know. As with all those players, they are one hit away from a career ending injury. Next Sunday will be interesting...

No doubt, Manning was great. And I do like the Colts, even as a Patriots fan. But Brady is the GOAT. I didn't see the commercial, many times watching the Patriots puts me into cardiac arrest. LOL But I did see his Face Book mini movie or whatever that thing was he did. His dedication is remarkable. I don't know. As with all those players, they are one hit away from a career ending injury. Next Sunday will be interesting...

I haven't seen the Facebook movie, but it may have been the same thing. I actually lived in Shrewsbury, MA for a few years in the 1990s. Grew up in OK, but loved it in MA, so much history. Started watching the Pats then, Parcells was the coach with Bledsoe as the quarterback, loved to see Parcell's post game interviews, very entertaining when they lost. I thought it was great they had Bledsoe back last week. It could have been odd, since he was replaced by Brady, and then they had Romo calling the game. He's a really classy guy, hated to see him have injuries. Not sure who I'm going to cheer for, I love cheering against the Pats--only because they always win, but don't really care for the Eagles. I wouldn't be able to watch the Super Bowl on the ship if my team was playing, I often throw pillows and yell too much when things go bad. Anyway, good luck next week, and I'm sure it's not too soon to say Congrats--again.

I haven't seen the Facebook movie, but it may have been the same thing. I actually lived in Shrewsbury, MA for a few years in the 1990s. Grew up in OK, but loved it in MA, so much history. Started watching the Pats then, Parcells was the coach with Bledsoe as the quarterback, loved to see Parcell's post game interviews, very entertaining when they lost. I thought it was great they had Bledsoe back last week. It could have been odd, since he was replaced by Brady, and then they had Romo calling the game. He's a really classy guy, hated to see him have injuries. Not sure who I'm going to cheer for, I love cheering against the Pats--only because they always win, but don't really care for the Eagles. I wouldn't be able to watch the Super Bowl on the ship if my team was playing, I often throw pillows and yell too much when things go bad. Anyway, good luck next week, and I'm sure it's not too soon to say Congrats--again.

Did you just jinx us! ROFL!

We were on the ship 2 years ago for superbowl. We had early dinner and were upstairs on deck by 7pm. Just let your servers know.

we also have been on the ship the last two super bowls and had early dinner. You can speed up your dinner if you want, but since the game will last 3 hours you won't miss much action. Look at what happened last year.
We ate dinner and then hopped from party to party. They had food in the pub, and food and a wide screen tv set up in the family lounge. we also went up to watch it on the big screen. Don't forget to wear your favorite team jersey to dinner and to the parties. Its really fun and extra food is everywhere.

Even if you skipped the MDR, you won't go hungry.

Do they do any special foods that go with the teams playing, such as lobster rolls or philly cheesesteaks for this year?

small world! I, grew up in Shrewsbury MA! 10 years ago we were on a Disney cruise watching the superbowl. It was awesome! We skipped the main dining that night and grab a bite at quick service at the pool deck. Lots of interesting people watching the game, and it got really loud! No matter who your team is, have a great time!

Do they do any special foods that go with the teams playing, such as lobster rolls or philly cheesesteaks for this year?
No, that would be too hard to pre-plan. They had pub food, wings, chile, nachos, chips, dips, sub-sandwiches , veggies in the family lounge, lots of food.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter