First tattoo, age of DS, DD?

So are the tattoo/piercing parlors in your area still under restrictions? seems like a lot of ppl are having to be patient...
I haven't really kept up with the restrictions that tattoo/piercing shops have in my area. I've only been to the place that did my septum piercing, and that wasn't planned at all so I didn't look up restrictions. But I do live in Florida where it's been more lenient than other places

I haven't really kept up with the restrictions that tattoo/piercing shops have in my area. I've only been to the place that did my septum piercing, and that wasn't planned at all so I didn't look up restrictions. But I do live in Florida where it's been more lenient than other places
I guess the real bottom line is whether it all heals well, right? like with your septum that you mentioned, hope it is healing okay...

I will add they can all be hidden by clothing if necessary or if I wanted to hide them. I do have a nose ring and I wear it every day to work - I’ve worn it to every professional interview I’ve ever had. I’ve had it for 25 years.
So you really like being a real ink and ring veteran, then, do you?

I guess because I don't post that often on here this is a new question for me to answer.

I have 4 grown kids. (23, 25, 26, 29) Two girls. Two boys. Three of them have tattoos. Hubby and I don't have any tattoos. Neither one of us have ever been interested. Somewhat ironic as my husband is retired Navy and he got out without ever getting a morsel of ink. LOL

The 3 kids (Both sons, one daughter) that have tattoos started researching artwork when they were in college. All of the artwork that the 3 have chosen has been for meaningful reasons. One son has the state flower of where I was born, his two sisters and grandmothers. As well as other cool family sayings. One son is active Navy and has had quite bit of his ink done in Japan. My daughter has a half sleeve on her left arm with beautiful mandalas as while as other meaningful family symbols.

Definitely think it's their generation's way to express themselves. I've never been against it. But made sure that they were paying for it. 😆

I got my first tattoo when I was 16. My mom said no at first, that it was against our religion... I argued and said it wasn’t. She said if our pastor said it was okay that I could. She assumed he’d say no. He said it was fine. I got a Jesus Fish a week later. It’s been 17 years since that happened, and I don’t regret that one or the other 5 I have and I’d have more if I didn’t waste so much money on Disney trips 🤣🤣🤣
My DS is only 12 but I’d let him get one at 16 if he asked. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I got my first tattoo when I was 16. My mom said no at first, that it was against our religion... I argued and said it wasn’t. She said if our pastor said it was okay that I could. She assumed he’d say no. He said it was fine. I got a Jesus Fish a week later. It’s been 17 years since that happened, and I don’t regret that one or the other 5 I have and I’d have more if I didn’t waste so much money on Disney trips 🤣🤣🤣
My DS is only 12 but I’d let him get one at 16 if he asked. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Don't be surprised if your mom gets one herself, also, eventually...right? :)

Bible verses / ref.s are widely liked as tattoo designs; and I saw a quote from the Bible Belt about the sheer extent of tattoos there among those under a certain age. (I should dig it up, maybe...)

The only reason I didn’t sign for her to get one prior to her turning 18 was I didn’t want her to come back years later and accuse me of letting her get something stupid.
Do you think there's a case even for taking 17 year olds to the parlor in preparation so that they can figure whether it's what they truly want for their 18th?

Do you think there's a case even for taking 17 year olds to the parlor in preparation so that they can figure whether it's what they truly want for their 18th?

She had been to tattoo parlors multiple times before turning 18. That is where we would go for piercings ( for both of us). And yes before you ask, I had absolutely no issue with her getting piercings prior to 18 and I really could not care less if you agree with that. If my son wants to get his ear(s), nose, lip, etc pierced I will take him as well.

She had been to tattoo parlors multiple times before turning 18. That is where we would go for piercings ( for both of us). And yes before you ask, I had absolutely no issue with her getting piercings prior to 18 and I really could not care less if you agree with that. If my son wants to get his ear(s), nose, lip, etc pierced I will take him as well.
It used to be many years ago that women and girls got ear piercings and men and boys (approaching 18) would get tattoos. Now and already for a long time women and girls get tattoos also and men and boys get ear piercings also. (It's what ppl do!) :)

So it wouldn't be surprising, if your son wants to, also, right?

I have 6 tattoos in total. .. I have a masters degree, 19 years clinical experience, and independent licensure in my field.
Someplace I read that among a nurse and other members of her team most of them were tattooed. It's what health professionals have typically tended to do, now, for a long time, isn't it? (If the employer of health professionals tried to forbid tattoos among their employed health professionals they would soon find they would be able to hire relatively few ppl, right? Young ppl seem to know that, and are not deterred these days.)

I am getting my next one when I hit my goal weight. I told my ODS that he could come with and get one, too. He is almost 17...so, if I buckle down, it could be before he is 18.
So...are your plans still proceeding? (and does he seem keen to come with you and have it done, too?)

Last edited:
I dont' want to get a tattoo based on how I have seen them look on the sagging skin of older clients. You dont even know who you are until you are at least 30s or 40s
So do you think that 30s / 40s are really the ideal age to get one's first tattoos?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter