• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time AKL stay

2xcited2slp

<font color=deeppink>One day~~the slipper will fit
hello!! I have a first time stay coming up at AKL. What is the easiest way to get from the main building (Jambo) over to the dvc Kidani? Is it walkable or is there a shuttle. I would love to have lunch or dinner there but not sure how to get there or the distance between the two venues. Thanks so much for any guidance!

It is a beautiful resort and no doubt you will love it!!

There is a shuttle, however the walk is about 10-15 walk. It is on nice sidewalks (nothing fancy).

It can be brutal especially in the afternoon sun/heat, but is certainly doable! In my opinion the best animal viewing is over at Kidani. Don't forget the viewing at the end of the kids pool area in Kidani!

They have real unique animals up close and it is typically overlooked.

It is a beautiful resort and no doubt you will love it!!

There is a shuttle, however the walk is about 10-15 walk. It is on nice sidewalks (nothing fancy).

It can be brutal especially in the afternoon sun/heat, but is certainly doable! In my opinion the best animal viewing is over at Kidani. Don't forget the viewing at the end of the kids pool area in Kidani!

They have real unique animals up close and it is typically overlooked.

Thank you so much! I’m really excited about this trip, as I’ve visited AKL but never spent an extended amount of time there. We are usually a MK Resort family, but this will be a solo, my choice, my schedule, trip.
Thanks again for the info!

OP, if you’re running late, encounter inclimate weather, or just don’t feel like walking, here is a map locating where the shuttle picks up/drops off. It’s circled in yellow:

84543421-8669-43F5-9AD8-B98446827400.jpeg

The walk is easy, less than 10 minutes. Its our favorite, of the DVC/hotels, that we have stayed in.

Both resorts they're quite different but equally impressive. Jambo is larger/Grander and has more food options, and Kidani is smaller more quaint/cozy...Animals are a plenty at both. And While the pool & area around it at Jambo is larger, their slide is kind of small. While At Kidani's the pool is more intimate, but has a fantastic slide, and also a water play area....Obviously this is a solo trip so I'm not sure if that will matter much, but one thing for sure are the hidden/secluded Hot tubs, which you might want to relax in...At both mind you...

Also, besides the great advice that has already been given, about the walks, and shuttle, there is a 3rd way you can venture over...Grab a DS bus, for it will stop @ Kidani right after pick up. When returning to Jambo, you can hop on any other Park bus, ( which will stop then at Jambo!!)

HTH...DizDad FWIW, The walk is kinda quick though...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter