First time at Disneyland w/o kids for Birthday

tink89

DIS Veteran
I have not even left for our Christmas trip yet and I am already planning a second trip right after.

my birthday is in January. DH and I will be flying out to SNA on the 19 back on the 21st. This will be the first and more than likely only time we will be able to visit Disneyland by ourselves.

I want to skip the character dining and the buffet and do more list down restaurants that we don't do when we go with DD or with a large group.

Also we will both have APs and plan to go to the parks at night on the first day there. Is there anything we can do during the day while our room is ready? Anything within a 30 minute drive.

What are good dinner restaurants for two adults. Anything we should see or focus on that we have probably missed or skipped over when you take kids.

It might be a busy weekend but we are not looking to do everything or get in long lines. We will do whatever rides are available and just have a nice time together and enjoy some food and alone time that we do not get very much of at all.

For my upcoming birthday trip (just 2 adults) we are eating at Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle and then Steakhouse 55 for my actual birthday dinner. Another option you might like is the Chef's counter at Napa Rose at the GCH.

These come to mind when I think of "adult" sit down meals, especially for a birthday: Napa Rose (Chefs Table if you can get a reservation), Carthay Circle (around firework time is an extra bonus), or Steakhouse 55.

Happy Birthday
Kriss :tink:

Looks like gerilyne and I were thinking the same thing :p

Thanks. Steakhouse 55 is on my list. we might do both breakfast on the day we leave and dinner on Saturday. We have actually never done Steakhouse 55 or any of the other restaurant mentioned. We have always gone to Disneyland with DD or a large group and those are not the most affordable or convenient when trying to please many people or small kids.

This will be the first time I will be at Disneyland with out DD. Which i keep asking if she would like to come because i feel bad going to Disneyland out of all places but she said she will be ok since we have a trip in December and a trip more than likely next October and one more somewhere in between if scheduling permits. DH keeps saying she will be fine. I still might pack her in my luggage lol

Not sure if you two drink alcohol, but it may be fun to hit some of the lounges. We love Carthay Circle lounge and Alfresco Tasting Terrace for a light meal and cocktails.

Lol my husband and I are doing an adults only trip and we are the total opposite. The sit down fancy doesn’t sound fun to us at all.

We are going to do the blue bayou fantasmic lunch package!

Not sure if you two drink alcohol, but it may be fun to hit some of the lounges. We love Carthay Circle lounge and Alfresco Tasting Terrace for a light meal and cocktails.

Yes I drink. I don't much when we are on vacation at Disneyland. Maybe a glass of wine one night but that Is all. So I will definitely be doing that. Sounds like a nice evening.

Lol my husband and I are doing an adults only trip and we are the total opposite. The sit down fancy doesn’t sound fun to us at all.

We are going to do the blue bayou fantasmic lunch package!

We have done many character breakfast and dinners. And we have waited for the FP to see the shows or grab a parade seat. I love them and will do them in December and when we go again later through out the year.

This time I want to do things we never get a chance to do when I am in mom mode and trying to plan the best time for DD. We usually eat at character buffets or easy quick dinners. I am really excited to just take it a bit slower. We usually do EMH and try to be out of the parks by 8 pm. So that DD can sleep and be up and not tired for EMH. We have never closed the parks down. Maybe once. So I kind of want to do that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter