First time Cruiser..

Kimnicki

<font color=red>Hello...? Tag Fairy..? Are you the
Hi everybody...I've been reading the posts for the last few days and just wanted to tell you all how informative your posts are to us newbies! I've just booked a cruise on the 7 day Eastern Magic for 3/6/04 for myself DH, DD(7) and DS(4) and reading these posts are getting me so excited! (As if I wasn't already!) I've already found such great advice that I never would have thought of. I really look forward to reading and sharing for at least the next year (and the next year...) !! Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

Originally posted by Kimnicki
Hi everybody...I've been reading the posts for the last few days and just wanted to tell you all how informative your posts are to us newbies! I've just booked a cruise on the 7 day Eastern Magic for 3/6/04 for myself DH, DD(7) and DS(4) and reading these posts are getting me so excited! (As if I wasn't already!) I've already found such great advice that I never would have thought of. I really look forward to reading and sharing for at least the next year (and the next year...) !! Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

Welcome aboard neighbor, I am from the West Deptford, NJ area and my family is taking our first cruise this coming August. If you haven't done so already a good book to purchase would be the DCL PassPorter, you can check it out at PassPorter.com we received our's two weeks ago, it is filled with wonderful information.

Yes, welcome to DCL! The only way to vacation!! But I'm prejudice about DCL - it being the only cruise line I've ever been on!

We have had two 7 night cruises, a 3 nighter and a 4 nighter. I must say that the 7's are the best for us because we do use ALL the time to unwind, relax and there is just so much to do on the ship!

Of course, if you ever set sail with me and Verandah Man you'd better guard your shrimp!!

Any questions that we can help you with - just ask!!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Yes, welcome to DCL! The only way to vacation!! But I'm prejudice about DCL - it being the only cruise line I've ever been on!

We have had two 7 night cruises, a 3 nighter and a 4 nighter. I must say that the 7's are the best for us because we do use ALL the time to unwind, relax and there is just so much to do on the ship!

Of course, if you ever set sail with me and Verandah Man you'd better guard your shrimp!!

Any questions that we can help you with - just ask!!

Rae

That's right Rae, they need to be afraid, be very afraid, if shrimp is around, and we are around!!!

The Dynamic Duo known to the world as the "Shrimp Thieves" strike again!

Rae

LOL! Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll have a thousand questions between now and then...Verandah Man, I'm going to get my Passporter tomorrow online! Thanks for the tip....

The Passporter is an excellent resource and value for the information it provides. I wish we had one two years ago when we first cruised - there was soooo much we didn't know about and the Passporter makes it very convenient to find everything (where ever you are!)

As a veteran cruiser now, I still find the Passporter a great value and am learning new things as I read it.

Rae
(I can almost taste the shrimp!)

Rae, is it something that they update every year? In other words, should I wait for later this year to see if a newer version comes out for our 2004 cruise? Or is it all basically the same information?

Not sure Kimnicki - but I don't think you should wait since the information will probably be the same with maybe some minor additions or changes. I was a bit hesitant because I thought that being a 4 time cruiser already, I knew it all - HAHAHAHAHHA! There is a lot I still have to learn and reading the Passporter has taught me that!

I know that some will say that this information is also available on line, etc, etc, but it's hard to beat the book for going to places where you don't have or can use a computer.

The biggest problem I have is that I can't get it back now from my Mom who cruises with me when DH can't take off from work!! Yes, I know, I need two!!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Not sure Kimnicki - but I don't think you should wait since the information will probably be the same with maybe some minor additions or changes. I was a bit hesitant because I thought that being a 4 time cruiser already, I knew it all - HAHAHAHAHHA! There is a lot I still have to learn and reading the Passporter has taught me that!

I know that some will say that this information is also available on line, etc, etc, but it's hard to beat the book for going to places where you don't have or can use a computer.

The biggest problem I have is that I can't get it back now from my Mom who cruises with me when DH can't take off from work!! Yes, I know, I need two!!

Rae

I agree with Rae, don't wait, order your's now, you won't be sorry!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter