First time Disneyland Questions

LtRazor

Mouseketeer
Ok, only could book DCA as my starting park. What are odds I will be blocked from visiting DL at 1pm? My biggest want there is RoR so can I book RoR LL when I walk into DCA or do I have to wait until I'm at DL to book LL for RoR. Big WDW fan and have been there many times but this will be first at DL and just want to make most out of a one day visit (only day I can make it on this trip). Any tips are appreciated..

Ok, only could book DCA as my starting park. What are odds I will be blocked from visiting DL at 1pm? My biggest want there is RoR so can I book RoR LL when I walk into DCA or do I have to wait until I'm at DL to book LL for RoR. Big WDW fan and have been there many times but this will be first at DL and just want to make most out of a one day visit (only day I can make it on this trip). Any tips are appreciated..
I don't think people are ever blocked from switching parks as long as they have a hopper. What day are you going? Is it something super busy like New Years Eve?

From my understanding.....
If a park reaches the Fire Marshall's capacity limit.
Entry into that park will be closed until the capacity goes down.
It doesn't matter what type of ticket or Magic Key you have or if you had been in the park earlier.

When the gates close due to capacity limit no one get to enter.

I don't think people are ever blocked from switching parks as long as they have a hopper. What day are you going? Is it something super busy like New Years Eve?
Going Tuesday oct 17 so hoping not too bad. Just happen to be in town that week and only day I could go was that day. Planning to hit soarin and avengers stuff at DCA and then move on to DL around 1pm and hit RoR and few others before going to storeytellers at 7;30. I’m not trying to cram everything in one day just take time and see the sites. I’ve done commando Disney in years past and found that while I go a lot in, I missed a lot of the magic. My best visits to WDW were slowing down, doing manageable key things and then playing rest by ear.

Going Tuesday oct 17 so hoping not too bad. Just happen to be in town that week and only day I could go was that day. Planning to hit soarin and avengers stuff at DCA and then move on to DL around 1pm and hit RoR and few others before going to storeytellers at 7;30. I’m not trying to cram everything in one day just take time and see the sites. I’ve done commando Disney in years past and found that while I go a lot in, I missed a lot of the magic. My best visits to WDW were slowing down, doing manageable key things and then playing rest by ear.
Sounds like a great little trip. All of October is busy, but not so much that they would close Disneyland. ROTR is amazing :)

If I recall correctly, you need to wait for the window for the LL for RotR to go past 1pm in order to book. If you have a hopper it won't let you book for a time that you can not enter the park.

October 17 is Monday... but whether you're going this Monday or this Tuesday, gate closure is vanishingly unlikely.

It looks like return times for RoR fly past 1pm by 8:30am. https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/disneyland/starwarsriseoftheresistance/

Thank you to all who gave me advice for my one day trip. It turned out perfect! The link provided was SPOT ON and I was able to grab LL for ROTR at 1pm as well as grab Haunted Mansion at 2pm. Walked on to all rides I wanted to do at DCA and then waited in only 2 lines at DL for two other rides before I had to give it up for day.. I've done WDW many times but this was first time for DL. Thank you for helping a first time visitor to Disneyland..

Thank you to all who gave me advice for my one day trip. It turned out perfect! The link provided was SPOT ON and I was able to grab LL for ROTR at 1pm as well as grab Haunted Mansion at 2pm. Walked on to all rides I wanted to do at DCA and then waited in only 2 lines at DL for two other rides before I had to give it up for day.. I've done WDW many times but this was first time for DL. Thank you for helping a first time visitor to Disneyland..

Do you mean the data link? I am trying to figure out how to use it. I have a one day solo trip coming up and trying to get my ducks in a row. Any advice as to what worked for you is appropriated!

Last edited:
Do you mean the data link? I am trying to figure out how to use it. I have a one day solo trip coming up and trying to get my ducks in a row. Any advice as to what worked for you is appropriated!
Yes, the thrill-data.com link in this thread. I used in lightening lane heat map, found a day similar to when I was going (Tuesday before the Tuesday I went) and this told me about what time of day the LL passes would have return time I was looking for. So for me, I started at DCA with list that said look for rise at 8:45, HM at 9:30, etc, walked on all rides at rope drop then chilled and explored while I grabbed LL passes (you can grab DL passes while your in DCA with park hopper). I used genie+ that morning to grab ROTR then HM then IJ. So covered DCA without LL and then went with 3 LL (you can stack 2nd after 2 hours) to DL. I waited about 20 mins for jungle cruise, that was only waiting I did but I didn’t try to ride everything as I stayed away from roller coasters. Of course I’ve had benefit of going to WDW so wasn’t trying to ride everything that was duped but some classics I wanted to like jungle cruise.

Good luck!

Yes, the thrill-data.com link in this thread. I used in lightening lane heat map, found a day similar to when I was going (Tuesday before the Tuesday I went) and this told me about what time of day the LL passes would have return time I was looking for. So for me, I started at DCA with list that said look for rise at 8:45, HM at 9:30, etc, walked on all rides at rope drop then chilled and explored while I grabbed LL passes (you can grab DL passes while your in DCA with park hopper). I used genie+ that morning to grab ROTR then HM then IJ. So covered DCA without LL and then went with 3 LL (you can stack 2nd after 2 hours) to DL. I waited about 20 mins for jungle cruise, that was only waiting I did but I didn’t try to ride everything as I stayed away from roller coasters. Of course I’ve had benefit of going to WDW so wasn’t trying to ride everything that was duped but some classics I wanted to like jungle cruise.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I was trying to figure out how to use that site and was so confused. Will try using a similar day and see how that works.

At the end of the day, I was just at wdw last month and much like you I am going to prioritize different rides. Since it’s a solo trip I am going to try to chili s bit about everything, too. I will be starting at DL so will try the reverse with stacking genie + at DCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter