First time dvc renter

Lgammom

Earning My Ears
I am considering renting dvc points for our next vacation. We have been many times but never using dvc. I have a family of 6. What is the best option for me to consider?

I am considering renting dvc points for our next vacation. We have been many times but never using dvc. I have a family of 6. What is the best option for me to consider?
You have too many family members for to stay in one studio or a 1-BR villa unless one of those 6 people is under the age of 3 (and even then you may exceed capacity at some resorts). Other than that, it's only a matter of resort preference, budget and availability.

When is your next vacation and where do you want to stay? With DVC, you really need to plan about 8 months to a year in advance.

Also, be aware that DVC point rentals are generally non-refundable and non-changeable. With 6 family members, you probably previously rented two regular adjoining hotel rooms. With DVC, you can rent two studios, but, depending upon the resort, you may not have the ability to get adjoining lock offs. You might consider a 2 bedroom DVC suite, which is significantly larger than 2 regular hotel rooms, and not much more than 2 DVC studios.

Really depends on how you like to vacation and your budget. I'm a Bay Lake fan personally, especially if you have young kids who take a nap. Any of the 2 bedroom villas will give you tons of space for the 6 of you to spread out, and if you have young kids with you, the bedrooms let you close the door and let them nap while you can relax and watch TV or do a load of laundry. The kitchen is great as well. My kids don't really eat park food, so being able to scramble eggs in the morning, and keep sandwich stuff, snacks and drinks in the fridge is awesome.

What are the demographics of your family? That might have an impact on people's recommendations.

If you all want to stay in one room, I would recommend a two-bedroom. You could also do two studios, but then you would have to split up your party.

What are the demographics of your family? That might have an impact on people's recommendations.

If you all want to stay in one room, I would recommend a two-bedroom. You could also do two studios, but then you would have to split up your party.
To add, Poly is the only DVC with connecting studios.
Connecting is a request, not a guarantee (but only 5? Studios do not connect, so chances are very good)
At other DVC resorts, studios can only connect to a 1BR, making a 2BR.

If you go the route of a 2 bedroom I would recommend Old Key West - they are the largest two bedrooms - and the living/kitchen/dining area is among the largest - and they tend to be less points than some other resorts. Other than going to Disney Springs (via boat) you will have to use the buses or a car to get around - nothing is in walking distance, but the rooms are a great size!

If you go the route of a 2 bedroom I would recommend Old Key West - they are the largest two bedrooms - and the living/kitchen/dining area is among the largest - and they tend to be less points than some other resorts. Other than going to Disney Springs (via boat) you will have to use the buses or a car to get around - nothing is in walking distance, but the rooms are a great size!

To add to this...the 2BR at Animal Kingdom Village KIDANI and the 2BR at Bay Lake Tower all have THREE full bathrooms.

The cost for the standard view 2BR at AKV-K is about the same as the 2BR at OKW so it is going to be your most affordable option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter