First time flying to DL....couple of ???

dizzyami

<font color=green>That makes me happy<br><font col
We have been to DL many times - but this is our first time flying - and I had a couple of questions...

1. This may be an easy answer - but can you bring pins on as a carry-on? We have four books and I was not sure with the tighter security if these would be deemed weapons???

2. Best way to get to our hotel? We (2 adults/2 kids) are flying into Orange County Saturday at 5pm.....

3. Best way to get back to the airport - our flight leaves on a Wednesday at 4pm? How early should we leave to get back to the airport?

If you could answer one or all I would greatly appreciate it :goodvibes

Pins are fine. They might look at them extra, but they are fine.

Look into Grayline's Disneyland Resort Express express, which is a coach bus, or one of the shuttle services like Super Shuttle.

If you use SuperShuttle to go back to the airport, as you make the reservation they will tell you the timeframe to be picked up. Don't fudge the time. Yes you might get there very early, but it's better than fudging it then finding out that they have an hour's worth of stops before they head to the airport, and that's going to make you late. With the Express, I'd pick the time that gets you to the airport 1.5-2 hours before your flight. We're a 2 hour family, others don't have that need (others might not have had to fly through the airport, hubby's shorts in danger of falling b/c of no time to put belt back on, getting to the gate 5 minutes before scheduled departure, all because of my bad scheduling!). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter