first time for my teens at WDW

moneydiva

Earning My Ears
We are leaving next week for our first ever trip with my teenage boys to WDW...I'm so excited! Well, they all eat like horses, so any restaurant suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've already made PS arrangements for our first night at LTT.:crazy:

They'd probably like Ohana - It's all you can eat. Meats, shrimp, wings, etc. Very good, too :)

Hollywood and Vine (MGM) is also a buffet. I thought it was very good this past July when my family ate there. Trail's End Buffeteria at Fort Wilderness is also a buffet that is very reasonably priced. Cape May at the Beach Club, 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian), Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge, is African fare), Yacht Club Galley (Yacht Club), Restaurant Akershus (EPCOT, is Scandinavian food), and Biergarten (EPCOT, is German fare).

You could also go to several other buffets, but they are character dining. They include Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh and others), The Garden Grill (Mickey and others), Chef Mickey's (Mickey and others), and Donald's Breakfastosaurus (Mickey and others and is only a buffet at breakfast).

There are lots of restaurants to choose from that are not buffets, but these are what's available on Disney property.

:earsgirl:

We have a family of 3 ds who are teens, and we just came back from our trip in april. I have a very structured plan each day which includes no breakfast bought, you have either granola bars, pop tarts, nutrigrain bars etc. You can have gatorade or koolaid in the room or use a refillable mug and get what you want. I usually make lunch the biggest meal of the day and that is usually a buffet so they can stock up. With the light breakfast they are ready to eat lunch at the earliest seating, usually 11:45. We went to crystal palace for lunch, rainforest cafe and dinner was espn, hollywood and vine, crystal palace again for dinner and chef mickey, dh and I wanted some alone time so we did akershus and cape may buffet for dinner and kona cafe for lunch. I let each ds pick one restraunt choice for the trip. The other meal of the day is counter service. With this plan I usually average $150 a day for food, I also bring snacks for the room and I make sure they get an extra round of drinks at the buffet which we put into a rubbermaid chugger in the backpack and that will last the afternoon usually. Little ds always wants a few cookies to go from crystal palace or a piece of fruit from chef mickey. I know they will get one good meal at least once a day. I dont want them living on burgers, dogs, pizza and chicken fingers for a week. Good luck and plan well and you will be fine. I also allow money for an afternoon or evening snack at a park or disney quest etc.

My DS's favorite places to eat are ESPN and Teppanyaki in Japan. Although, neither are all you can eat. If your DS's like to eat alot then any character buffet is great to eat at. A few of our favorites are 1900 Park Fare (the food is very good but the DS's may not be into Cinderella), Crystal Palace, and Chef Mickeys. Sci-Fi Dine in is fun as well as 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM. You can't go wrong with any of them.

If your family members are seafood fans, the Clam Bake all you can eat buffet at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club would be a great choice. They have ribs and other things for non seafood lovers. The desserts are yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter